Started on: 04-28-2014 12:28 AM
Replies: 21 (298 views)
Last post by: jediperk on 05-06-2014 08:09 AM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I start as an Estimator/Project Manager for a local civil site contractor on May 5th. It's been a long, hard eighteen months that I'll never forget and learned a LOT during that time. It's been a struggle to say the least.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are like me, you will remember how it was and never be able to have a really bad employed day again.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably true. After never NOT having a job for the last twenty years straight, it was one heck of a wake up call.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, that's some really good news!
It was all you, baby!

You really gutted it out.
Totally admirable.

Grats!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear it! Congratulations
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news! Best wishes that it will be all you could want.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear it!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! and Congrats!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-28-2014).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations man!!!
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good for you. Been there and know how it feels. Congrats!!!

------------------
Ron
Count Down to A Better America: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/196044
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck to you and congrats on the new job.

Nelson
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great to hear dude, now get to work, enjoy your job and you will never regret it.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations and best of luck on your new job!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone. It's kind of a weird feeling delaying the college thing and sh!tty job until I was into my forties. But now that I've been through it, I won't look back. From here on out, it's onward and upward. I have three more semesters to finish my bachelor's. Hopefully with highest honors. Then it's onto getting my masters because I promised my father I would. I think I'll be the first in my family to get a graduate degree on top of that.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
School and working, you Sir are a bad azz. When you pull if off I will also cheer loudly. Financially, what have you learned.
I felt like a genius for having a very healthy set of 401Ks.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

School and working, you Sir are a bad azz. When you pull if off I will also cheer loudly. Financially, what have you learned.
I felt like a genius for having a very healthy set of 401Ks.

Financially, I've become a poor college student and a tight-wad. That much will probably stick with me until the student loans are paid off. lol

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First day back at a real job after eighteen months felt pretty damn good. What felt even better is when they told me they wanted me to come on board because they knew I was the best in this area at what I do.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's gotta feel good. Especially when you know it's true.
It's great to hear good news like this!
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations dude!
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

First day back at a real job after eighteen months felt pretty damn good. What felt even better is when they told me they wanted me to come on board because they knew I was the best in this area at what I do.

PFF
System Bot
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations and best of luck to you! Way to hang tough...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock