Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  If you have bought/sold a windshield through the mail I would like to here from you

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
If you have bought/sold a windshield through the mail I would like to here from you by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 04-24-2014 09:23 PM
Replies: 6 (158 views)
Last post by: carnut122 on 04-26-2014 07:20 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was contemplating selling windshields through the mail but before I even begin to attempt to do it I would like to hear from anyone out there who has actually done it. Did you make a crate, use an oversize double wall box, which carrier did you use?, etc.. Any issues regarding it being oversize or issues with glass cracking or damage?
Thanks, Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 04-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
V8 Vega

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since your in Calif. your amongst the illegal aliens. I got a new windshield in my Prelude for $99. installed in one of their shops and they did a professional job. Hard to compete with that.

[This message has been edited by V8 Vega (edited 04-24-2014).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, i agree with you. I couldn't compete with "common" windshields and cheap installation charges. My aim is to sell windshields that are rare and/or out of production .
Kit
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would talk to the shipping company to see what something like that would require (cost and packing)...

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldnt trust it myself unless you built an expensive crate. I ordered a windshield for my Lambo kit from overseas. It came in a crate 1/2 the size of a car and was undamaged. I cant remember for sure which, but shipping alone was either $300 or $500.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would find a diffrent bussiness to start. One of the problems is Flexing of the glass dureing transport and that wuld mean a cracked product.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't use UPS. I bought a pair of Mustang seats that were boxed (and stuffed full of Styrofoam) and shipped via a UPS Store. The seats were also insured through UPS. Apparently, they were dropped off of every truck and loading dock between here and Colorado Springs. The passenger seat back was twist to the point that one side was about 2-3 inches farther back than the other side. The box was split open and bashed in at all 8 corners. They came and picked up the damaged seat, sent it back to Colorado Springs, and then wanted me to pay return shipping on it to get it back to GA when they denied the claim saying the packaging was insufficient. After lots of digging, I found the contact person's name for who is in charge of customer service here in Atlanta. I then contacted that person letting her know I was about to have her summonsed to small claims court. Amazingly, they paid for the seat. Now, I do everything possible to avoid having to go through that situation again.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock