Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I'm guessing NYPD misread what the citizens really think.......

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'm guessing NYPD misread what the citizens really think....... by maryjane
Started on: 04-23-2014 01:37 AM
Replies: 39 (664 views)
Last post by: Hudini on 05-08-2014 02:33 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone at NYPD didn't really think this one thru.
http://www.nydailynews.com/...es-article-1.1765159
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfect,couldnt happen to better people.....
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cops want to be either military or thugs.

Take the time to watch as many cops as you can in the next couple months and observe their demeanor and grooming.

You may laugh.
Sheriff Taylor: Barney you get one bullet. Keep it your pocket.

KEEP IT IN YOUR POCKET!

Fife: "But Andy"

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 04-23-2014).]

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well said
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have ONLY one positive interaction with a cop in recent memory. I was working on the Mustang in the driveway and one cruising thru stopped and talked about it for about 1/2 hour. He was comparing his GT to my Bullitt.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather have NYPD than LAPD. Better to be beaten than shot.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I'd rather have NYPD than LAPD. Better to be beaten than shot.

So NYPD is still old school HUh? I like that.

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Cops want to be either military or thugs.

I find it confusing that the military seem to get carte blanche support while the Police seem to get the opposite. Guess it depends where they "serve"?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it doesn't depend where, it depends "how" and under what authority.

Take the time to watch as many cops as you can in the next couple months and observe their demeanor and grooming.

I've done this for a couple of decades. I've even had them tell me "we're just like the military".
Wannabes.

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I find it confusing that the military seem to get carte blanche support while the Police seem to get the opposite. Guess it depends where they "serve"?

This is an absurd comparison.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 04-23-2014).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So what do you find confusing. I'm not seeing any obvious connection.

PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And there is the problem, the Police and the Military are two different services, with two different functions. One is to fight for our rights, up to and including killing people. One is to serve and protect....

Brad
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

And there is the problem, the Police and the Military are two different services, with two different functions. One is to fight for our rights, up to and including killing people. One is to serve and protect....

Brad

Nicely stated.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had multiple interactions with Cops.
And everytime they have had me dead-to-rights.
And everytime was as much of a pleasure as it can be, for what it is.
The worse-case senerio was they went entirely by-the-book.
But many more times then not they cut me huge slack.

I am friendly, polite, & calm.
Just like I am with the grocer, the receptionist, the doctor, and that kid in 5th grade that took my lunch........well, that kid I told the Principle he tried to "grab my sack".
Never seen him again...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Just like I am with the grocer, the receptionist, the doctor, and that kid in 5th grade that took my lunch........well, that kid I told the Principle he tried to "grab my sack".
Never seen him again...

Other than the uniformed city cop that was pizzed because he had to come out in the August heat about 8 years ago and look in a dumpster that had some live military smoke grenades in it, I have never had a bad experience with a cop either. (I saw them when I dumped my kitchen trash and called the dispatcher)

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of the police officers I knew were also in the National Guard and served active duty in the middle east.
The military and police are the same people many times.
I don't like the militarization of local police either.
I think it would help if the National Guard was not being used as active military substitutes.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One is to fight for our rights, up to and including killing people.

Do you honestly believe that has been the situation in every, umm... "conflict" in the last 70 years? That the military is fighting for the "rights" of the common folk?

I'm sorry, but in this day and age, I find that view terribly naive.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The military's purpose is to further the interests of the government, whatever those are at the time and place. I give our military men and women respect because they must do this under very difficult conditions while upholding our values.

The police, however, seem to have an agenda far different than serve and protect. It feels like command and conquer.

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

Many of the police officers I knew were also in the National Guard and served active duty in the middle east.
The military and police are the same people many times.

Exactly. It seems like more all or none thinking IMO. Many threads on here seem to be supporting an all Cops are bad opinion while the opposite is true for the military.

There are good and bad in both and many examples of each. Both serve our communities and many deserve a thanks for doing so.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 04-24-2014).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say that my (few) interactions with police in the US have been nothing but courteous. Same with border control.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-24-2014).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its not where they "serve", it the quality of the men and what they are. I've been military, I have worked side-by-side with them, and RCMP and OPP and Canada Customs. Not one of those guys ever felt the need to pull a gun on me or beat me down, or anybody else. Just 3 days ago I was joking around with one of Canada's RCMP anti-terrorist snipers, and no he did not wack me upside the head with a maglight. Really good guy (lol, for a Quebecois) to talk to and have fun with.

Regional or city police? or "security" guards, yeh I trust them about as far as I can throw a mercedes. They have small dick syndrome and are out to prove how big they are. THOSE types, its not like I have ever had to be un-professional in the workplace with more than one of them. I dont believe in gun control, I beleive in idiot control. Dont give idiots access to guns or positions of authourity.

Gee, I had a loaded weapon on the honor guard of the Governer General of Canada at one time a long time ago, and did not feel the need to take a shot at him. Niether did any of the other guys there.

Ya know why military and national cops gets more respect than local cops----its because they are capable of bringing down earth-destroying destruction if they choose to, but they choose NOT to (unlike those with small dicks)

PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People in the military operate under a chain of command. The groundpounder on the front lines doesn't wipe his ass without a direct order. Cops operate autonomously in their daily routines. A military person merely follows the orders they're given and only kill the guys that are shooting back. Cops on the other hand....
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I dont believe in gun control, I beleive in idiot control. Dont give idiots access to guns or positions of authourity.

Hey, we agree here! Only problem I see is that it's very difficult to know who's an idiot or who may turn into one in the future.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Never seen him again...

I've never been cut slack unless they're off duty and sharing a beer with me. They always hassle me and I am so nice to them.

I've literally gotten tickets that I had to challenge in court because "well I have to give you something" is apparently a thing.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Do you honestly believe that has been the situation in every, umm... "conflict" in the last 70 years? That the military is fighting for the "rights" of the common folk?

I'm sorry, but in this day and age, I find that view terribly naive.

#1. That's the purpose, not necessarily what always happens.
#2. I never said we were common folk, I am aspiring to be more than that.

Brad
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#1. That's the purpose, not necessarily what always happens.

More and more I feel that the purpose of the military (which is comprised of the "common folk") the world over, is to serve the whims of the power elite. I suspect it's always been that way. Sure, this can even benefit "us" on occasion, but IMO it's an incidental perk. Happens just enough to keep the unwashed masses sucked in.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-24-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly. It seems like more all or none thinking IMO. Many threads on here seem to be supporting an all Cops are bad opinion while the opposite is true for the military.

There are good and bad in both and many examples of each. Both serve our communities and many deserve a thanks for doing so.

All bad cops are bad.

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

People in the military operate under a chain of command. The groundpounder on the front lines doesn't wipe his ass without a direct order. A military person merely follows the orders they're given and only kill the guys that are shooting back.

Not exactly true. In many cases, the groundpunder has only a mission objective and how he accomplishes that is left up to him and "maybe" under 'supervision' of his NCO (e4- or above)
The order btw, must be a lawful one. A Lt cannot order a private to murder or torture someone even in the midst of combat and expect that the private will carry the order out and the private, should he follow that unlawful order cannot expect immunity from courts martial simply because the officer gave him the order.
Military personnel, according to DoD directives, cannot use prior good service as a defense either. You can be an ideal soldier for 20 years, screw up on your last day, and the prior 19 years 364 days is not even admissible in a courts martial or NJP today.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-25-2014).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know our con's hate the feds
but I think they have the fear of government upside down

the real stupid evil abuse of power day to day
is far more likely to be the local cops
with city or county cops then state officials next
with the feds very far behind both in numbers and in the level of evil incidences

and the feds are far more likely to have to come in and fix a local mess
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
and the feds are far more likely to have to come in and fix a local mess

Best punch line EVER!

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like they'll be getting more photos for their Twitter:

3 NYPD cops arrested in separate drunken shootings
May 2nd 2014 12:01AM
The bloodiest incident took place Tuesday night, when Officer Brendan Cronin allegedly fired thirteen rounds from behind the wheel of his car into a vehicle in front of him, hitting the 47-year-old driver six times.

The victim is currently in stable condition. Cronin refused to take a breathalyzer test at the scene, but one source told WCBS he was so drunk, he couldn't even remember the shooting. He was charged with assault.

Another shooting incident, thankfully with no injuries this time, took place early Saturday when NYPD Sgt. Wanda Anthony apparently fired one shot into a parked car at a New Jersey home. The New York Post reports Anthony got into a fight with her date and his wife at the home.

Anthony was pulled over for drunk driving shortly afterward. NJ.com reports she's been suspended from the force for 30 days, and is also charged with assault along with possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose.

And rounding the week off for the boys in blue is Detective Jay Poggi, who is accused of accidentally shooting his partner Matt Sullivan in the wrist while showing off his firearm in a police cruiser last Thursday. The New York Daily News says Poggi registered .11 on a blood alcohol test, well over New York's .08 driving limit.

So, yeah. Kind of an unsettling pattern. NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton acknowledged the NYPD might have a drinking problem in a press conference

"I personally am very disturbed about the number of incidents in recent weeks that are part of a longer-term problem of inappropriate use of alcohol," according to WABC.

By the way, all this happened the week after three different officers were arrested for drunk driving in a 27-hour time span. But hey, at least there was no gunplay involved in those incidents, right?

http://www.aol.com/article/...lnk3%26pLid%3D471555

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 05-02-2014).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/...-caught-abusing-k-9/

(NSFW) Language

Cop beats and abuses his own K9 partner in Hammond In.

Seems the bad ones are getting worse.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Another shooting incident, thankfully with no injuries this time, took place early Saturday when NYPD Sgt. Wanda Anthony apparently fired one shot into a parked car at a New Jersey home. The New York Post reports Anthony got into a fight with her date and his wife at the home.]

So this female cop gets into an argument with her date and his wife?
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Oldschool.........

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes there is some misconduct and there are some bad cops. But all and all, we need them and we want them.

People hate the cops, but the Cops are the first they call when they are in harms way.

The Police have a greater job than you and I want. Respect them.

There are bad cops just as there are bad everything.
There are bad Clergy, Politicians, Nurses, Doctors, Military, Family, Fireman, Coworkers etc... You get the picture.

If we could weed out the bad, we would live in a perfect world.

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here’s our local law enforcement contribution to intoxicated gun play.

http://www.bigcountryhomepa...CSR91mH0m7uPszFXdLfw
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

Yes there is some misconduct and there are some bad cops. But all and all, we need them and we want them.

People hate the cops, but the Cops are the first they call when they are in harms way.

The Police have a greater job than you and I want. Respect them.

There are bad cops just as there are bad everything.
There are bad Clergy, Politicians, Nurses, Doctors, Military, Family, Fireman, Coworkers etc... You get the picture.

If we could weed out the bad, we would live in a perfect world.

Well said.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not realy.

Other than the Politicians..

The Clergy,Nurses, Doctors, Military, Family, Fireman, Coworkers don't have the powers to arrest/intimdate/detain/charge offences/beat/degrade/humiliate /shoot /taser/ mase/tear gas ETC...while at the same time immediatly be upheld as Heroes with jobs nobody wants and they were not being respected and we don't know the whole story....Yet there victims (if they survive the beatings or other assualts)are shown to wrong and how dare anyone be mad at the poor overworked underpaid Heroic police officers..

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Not realy.

Other than the Politicians..

The Clergy,Nurses, Doctors, Military, Family, Fireman, Coworkers don't have the powers to arrest/intimdate/detain/charge offences/beat/degrade/humiliate /shoot /taser/ mase/tear gas ETC...while at the same time immediatly be upheld as Heroes with jobs nobody wants and they were not being respected and we don't know the whole story....Yet there victims (if they survive the beatings or other assualts)are shown to wrong and how dare anyone be mad at the poor overworked underpaid Heroic police officers..

I hear you. But. At the same time. If you have a home invasion, who will be the first you will call for help? If you are carjacked, who do you want to help you?

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

I hear you. But. At the same time. If you have a home invasion, who will be the first you will call for help? If you are carjacked, who do you want to help you?

1.Home invasion = I am a armed citizen,with my pistol and a phone...wanna guess which is faster to respond?
2.Carjacked = I am a armed citizen ,with a CC permit a pistol ,and a phone...again wanna guess which has a faster response time? My pistol will help me far far faster than the police would be able to.. And it doesn't matter if they are the best police ever dreamed up or the worst cops around....
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

1.Home invasion = I am a armed citizen,with my pistol and a phone...wanna guess which is faster to respond?
2.Carjacked = I am a armed citizen ,with a CC permit a pistol ,and a phone...again wanna guess which has a faster response time? My pistol will help me far far faster than the police would be able to.. And it doesn't matter if they are the best police ever dreamed up or the worst cops around....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock