Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  For My 30,000th Post, I Wanted Something That Encapsulates My Importance To The World

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
For My 30,000th Post, I Wanted Something That Encapsulates My Importance To The World by Boondawg
Started on: 04-21-2014 04:45 PM
Replies: 35 (459 views)
Last post by: Boondawg on 04-22-2014 02:52 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Willie said it best:

This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~ William Shakespeare

Cheers!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you're weird
congratulations.
post whore
Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

you're weird

At least!
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, ok. We get it. You finally hit 30,000...........shut-up and quit braggin' already.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Ok, ok. We get it. You finally hit 30,000...........shut-up and quit braggin' already.

Oh no, it can only get worse from here!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-21-2014).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just won't quit, will you.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

You just won't quit, will you.

As long as there's players, there's gonna' be haters!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the money shot....Err...I mean did you get a screenshot of you 30,000 post?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I confront peace, security, and all the settled laws, to unsettle them. I am more resolute because all have denied me than I could ever have been had all accepted me. I heed not, and have never heeded either experience, cautions, majorities, nor ridicule. The threat of what is called hell is little or nothing to me and the lure of what is called heaven is little or nothing to me"

WALT WHITMAN
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's for breakfast?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Did you get the money shot....Err...I mean did you get a screenshot of you 30,000 post?

Nope.
Like my first time making love to a woman, I want it forgotten.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by heybjorn:

What's for breakfast?

Quaaludes & Cocobutter!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Click to show
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why did I click on Jakes link?
They were eating that poor kids cupcake!

Oh yeah, Congrats Boonie!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

Why did I click on Jakes link?
They were eating that poor kids cupcake!

Oh yeah, Congrats Boonie!

He may have lost a cupcake, but his memory gained a lifetime of wack-material!
I don't even remember the last cupcake I ate, but my brain sure clicked "save" on that picture...
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You were 1 away and now are 15 over. At this rate you will pass me before the year's end.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

At this rate you will pass me before the year's end.

That's the plan!!
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Oh no, it can only get worse from here!

That's what I stick around for. Glad you stuck around.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just think if you had gotten a penny for your thoughts.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
or spent one.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was half-expecting a picture of a vacuum chamber. But in retrospect, that isn't Boonie's style. He's more artistic in his cynicism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ism_%28philosophy%29
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I was half-expecting a picture of a vacuum chamber. But in retrospect, that isn't Boonie's style. He's more artistic in his cynicism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ism_%28philosophy%29

Doesn't sound much like the boondawg in this thread.
a Cynic has no property and rejects all conventional values of money, fame, power or reputation.[9] A life lived according to nature requires only the bare necessities required for existence, and one can become free by unshackling oneself from any needs which are the result of convention.

Nor in respect to some his past posts:
None of this meant that the Cynic would retreat from society. Cynics would in fact live in the full glare of the public's gaze and would be quite indifferent in the face of any insults which might result from their unconventional behaviour.

Indifferent to insults, real or percieved? Boondawg?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-22-2014).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, my favorite Shakespeare soliloquy; from Macbeth, but not quite the way I recall it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...omorrow_and_tomorrow
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can picture Boonie in a terrycloth bathrobe.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sometimes picture him like this, looking down on us mere mortals:

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Doesn't sound much like the boondawg in this thread.
a Cynic has no property and rejects all conventional values of money, fame, power or reputation.[9] A life lived according to nature requires only the bare necessities required for existence, and one can become free by unshackling oneself from any needs which are the result of convention.

When in Rome...

Nor in respect to some his past posts:
None of this meant that the Cynic would retreat from society. Cynics would in fact live in the full glare of the public's gaze and would be quite indifferent in the face of any insults which might result from their unconventional behaviour.

Indifferent to insults, real or percieved? Boondawg?

I have no problem being insulted by those that have earned it...that is to say those that are honest about their own proclivities & shortcomings.
But I will not take it from hypocrites, pretending to be looking down from up on high.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

I hope you are joking.
I have NEVER thought I was better than or above anyone else.
It is actually just the opposite.

Everything I talk about is because of those things I can see it in myself.
Or WANT to see in myself.

Every exploration I have presented here is an exercise at being better than I currently am in my thinking & actions.
And maybe even for others to contemplate that same opportunity.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't mean you were better-or worse--just view things differently than most of us.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't mean you were better-or worse--just view things differently than most of us.

I'm sure people think that, but really my only ability is my willingness to look outside preconceived notions.
And I ain't extra-brave, or no crusader for right or wrong, believe me.

Never having any answers is a pretty scary place to be all the damn time...
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've rarely (if ever) met anyone who was Not willing to look at ideas outside the normal or "preconceived" notion.
For most adults tho, the preconceived notions turn out to be spot on and the search for an alternative ends up being just an exercise in exercising.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-22-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That cloud does look rather fence shaped. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've rarely (if ever) met anyone who was Not willing to look at ideas outside the normal or "preconceived" notion.
For most adults tho, the preconceived notions turn out to be spot on and the search for an alternative ends up being just an exercise in exercising.

That has not been my life experience.
Over & over I have seen people hold on to their beliefs with a deathgrip, often in the face of overwhelming proof to the contrary.
Almost as if they are more secure with there place in the world if they are convinced they have all the answers & have it all figured out, no matter how much sand that foundation is actually built on.
They would rather hold on to a lie and feel in-control then seek the truth and be out-on-a-limb...
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats new guy..

Is it wise to speak alot? Or only when speaking wise?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

Congrats new guy..

Is it wise to speak alot? Or only when speaking wise?

I know nothing about another's idea of wisdom...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock