Started on: 04-20-2014 08:25 AM
Replies: 2 (88 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 04-20-2014 09:03 AM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this on the news, it has a moral to the story.

http://www.wmur.com/news/mo...-in-jackman/25566840

video available at the link of a NH couple snowmobiling in Jackman, Maine, Ayup we still have snow up here and there.

Janis and Bob Powell were just outside Jackman when they crossed paths with a moose, which stopped and charged them.

Janis Powell said they’ve seen moose on the trails in the past 20 years they’ve been snowmobiling, but the animals usually get scared off.

No one was injured during the incident.

The moose ran away after the couple shot a gun into the air, Janis Powell said.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/mo...564322#ixzz2zQeOBWGW

Personal when ever I see a moose, not unusual in my neck of the woods, even when I am in the Burb I just stop and give him/her the right of way if at all possible.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my brothers-in-law encountered one one year while we were hunting over in Vienna. He said he heard something coming and was prepared to get a big buck. The bull moose came into sight headed straight at him. Paul said he threw down his rifle and went up a tree. In all the years I hunted and fished up there, I never saw a moose. Neither had Melanie and she spent weekends and summers up there from the time she was 5 or 6 years old. About 5 years ago, while vacationing up in Millinockett, Bangor and Vienna, we must have seen more than a dozen here and there. Beautiful animals, but they should be feared.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

One of my brothers-in-law encountered one one year while we were hunting over in Vienna. He said he heard something coming and was prepared to get a big buck. The bull moose came into sight headed straight at him. Paul said he threw down his rifle and went up a tree. In all the years I hunted and fished up there, I never saw a moose. Neither had Melanie and she spent weekends and summers up there from the time she was 5 or 6 years old. About 5 years ago, while vacationing up in Millinockett, Bangor and Vienna, we must have seen more than a dozen here and there. Beautiful animals, but they should be feared.

I always wanted to see if the Fiero would fit under ones legs, but have never seemed to be in it when I encountered one, Amanda loves to go Moose watching but we always bring the Burb, much more metal between us and the moose as well as weight. I can't imagine just how stupid those people had to be to continue following that moose in the story, WTF is wrong with them. you see a moose you give it the right of way, not follow it.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock