Started on: 04-18-2014 11:36 PM
Replies: 5 (194 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-20-2014 01:58 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
April 16, 2014

New Zealand and Australia were drawn into the global debate on drone strikes Wednesday after confirming that a citizen from each country had been killed in U.S. strikes in Yemen.

New Zealand Prime Minister John Key said the men were killed along with three known Al-Qaeda operatives during a drone strike in November. The New Zealander had attended a rebel training camp and was under surveillance by intelligence agencies, Key said.

He added that drone strikes by the United States were justified in some circumstances.

"I think they are legitimate, at certain times, where countries are trying to contend with very dangerous situations and they are trying to deal with those terrorists without putting their own people in harm's way," he said.

Key said he thought the November strike was such a justified occasion: "I suspect so, yes, given that three of the people killed were well-known Al-Qaeda operatives." . . .

More at http://america.aljazeera.co...edinyemenstrike.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah??

Well I think your opinion sucks!!!!

What was your opinion again. I seem to have missed it in all the excitement.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have absolutely no sympathy for terrorists regardless of their motives. I even understood Ted Kazinskys motives but didn't support his techniques. I have no idea how to combat crazy religious people who hide amongst civilians and attack innocents. I really don't think that armies or courts are going to be the answer. Since drones seem to be like cutting the head off a Hydra that's not working either. At first I thought that drones were a logical weapon, not creating as many deaths on either side as armies and nearly surgical in effect compared to armed invasion. The only thing that I think would work is for EVERY religious leader and all their followers to condemn violence as loudly as they can. I don't see that happening and I can't see anything but more violence against innocents in the future. I wish there was a glimmer of a chance to see a good ending, but I don't.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 04-19-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In this particular case, based solely on what was posted here in this thread, I agree that it was a good, prudent and justified use of drones.

IF, it turns out that there were also innocent people killed and/or injured, my opinion is subject to change.
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

In this particular case, based solely on what was posted here in this thread, I agree that it was a good, prudent and justified use of drones.

IF, it turns out that there were also innocent people killed and/or injured, my opinion is subject to change.

Anyone can call themselves "innocent."

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, even you, I and the drone operators., but dead people can't.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock