Started on: 04-16-2014 09:55 AM
Replies: 15 (296 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-24-2014 01:04 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Umm ... I mean bonuses. $62 billion dollars in bonuses. Because [boohoo] morale is low [/boohoo]. This at a time the IRS is saying it needs more money to carry out it's service extortion and political profiling. In fact, they are whining about their ability to oversee NobamaCare, even though the law appropriated money for 19,000 new IRS agents to do so. Where are they getting this $62 billion for bonuses ? You can actually deserve a bonus if morale is low, ?

At the same time, the IRS was too inept to pay attention to warnings from Microsoft that support for their computers would expire ...
IRS misses deadline to upgrade from Windows XP; Taxpayers to cough-up millions.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems that even employees delinquent on their taxes have received millions in bonuses and in comp time off. Even employees with disciplinary action taken against them were awarded bonuses.
I smell a union, .
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corruption is corruption.
If a union is involved, say so. If not, leave it out of it. It doesn't take a union for this regime to do something like that.
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The union has bonuses negotiated into their contract. And for the most part, management can't pick and choose who gets bonuses because of that. Then, from what I've seen in the agencies I've worked for, Management doles out to Management the rest of the pot of bonus money. Besides the taxpayers being screwed, the non-bargaining unit employees get left with scraps, if anything.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
If a union is involved, say so. If not, leave it out of it.

The IRS is indeed unionized. Where bonuses originated from, or the prerequisites required to receive one , I do not know.
The IRS does not want to be included in ObamaCare. I think much of the IRS's targeting of conservative 501(c)(4) was union driven.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The beatings bonuses will continue until morale improves.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-23-2014).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's crap like this that shows that we need a fair tax system and to eliminate the IRS.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, where are you getting "$62 Billion" for bonuses?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Must have been a slow year. They paid out $70 mill in 2013 bonuses for work done in 2012.

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...spite-spending-cuts/

Currently:

The bonuses will amount to about 1 percent of pay — less than the 1.75 percent rate of previous bonuses.

Agency officials said they will pay $43.4 million to employees represented by labor unions and $19.1 million to other employees, for a total of $62.5 million in bonuses for 2013.

They said the amount is lower than the $89.1 million paid out in 2012.

http://www.washingtontimes....-2013-work/?page=all

http://www.latimes.com/busi...40423,0,876215.story

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-23-2014).]

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like not paying your taxes isn't an issue as long as you are an Obama supporter. Of those who received the bonuses for their partisan activities, 1 Million was paid out to 1,100 were in hot water over tax delinquency, and a further 2.8 million to those facing disciplinary action at work. I can't believe there isn't more of an uproar over this. The recent actions of the IRS under guidance of Obama have been criminal.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My mistake, 62 million. Not sure if I committed a typo or a brain fart.
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Only a 1000X off. You're qualified to be an IRS agent, Cliff!

Looks like my agency just calculated $100 bonus for all employees minus 10. I'm guessing the 10 empoyees subtracted out of the calculations are the managers and the non-bargaining unit employees (Non-union....That would be me and a co-worker.... the two lowest paid employees in the facility. How's that for a morale booster!) I'm not upset in the least over not getting a bonus. I just shake my head over a bonus of $100 given to someone who makes $120,000-$180,000/yr. That $8,000 could have been spent on better things within the agency.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only a 1000X off. You're qualified to be an IRS agent, Cliff!

Well then ... it was 62 billion, but after taxes, only 62 million were received, .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-24-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

brain fart, if you had been union it could have been called a typo,

that said, how can we be giving out bonuses if the country is so broke?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

that said, how can we be giving out bonuses if the country is so broke?

Steve

Because it's in the union contracts!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
... how can we be giving out bonuses if the country is so broke?

Ink is cheap, .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock