Replies: 12 (306 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 04-16-2014 06:35 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't mean they make you feel old, they actually make you physically deteriorate.

When my daughter was born (10 years ago) I was 40 years old but didn't have a single gray hair. Within 2 years I was about 50% gray. My son is now 3 years old. Just before he was born, I had my eyes checked and they literally said I had better sight than a teenager. I was able to focus on stuff only about an inch from my eyes and could read a newspaper at a distance of about 6 feet. Now I can hardly see my keyboard and I'm having a difficult time focusing on my monitor. I had heard kids will wear you out, but I never expected it to go this fast...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the wonderful word of parenthood Cliff

It gets better, somewhat, seeing them graduate from high school and college, walking them down the isle and becoming a grandfather. but there is a lot more gray hairs ahead so welcome to the club.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife keeps pointing out new gray hairs she finds, and we're not planning on having kids for a bit still.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kids don't make you old, they help keep you young!

How dare you blame your kids!!!!!

You don't needs kids to make these things happen to your body... and none of them are pleasant...

They DO raise your blood pressure, though!!!!!
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's those kids that will be pushing you around in a wheelchair, so be good to 'em!

Has it really been 10 years since your daughter was born? Wow!

Edited for dumpkopf spelling.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 04-15-2014).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

It's those kids that will be pushing you around in a wheelchair, so be good to 'em!

Richard Vernon: You think about this: when you get old, these kids - when *I* get old - they're going to be running the country.
Carl: Yeah.
Richard Vernon: Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night. That when I get older, these kids are going to take care of me.
Carl: I wouldn't count on it.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Welcome to the wonderful word of parenthood Cliff

It gets better, somewhat, seeing them graduate from high school and college, walking them down the isle and becoming a grandfather. but there is a lot more gray hairs ahead so welcome to the club.

Steve

Wait until your doing that with grandkids, THAT's when you start feeling old.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree Cliff, let's blame the kids. Well, I actually blame my wife and how she deals with the kid. When the boy was new, I would pick him up, sneak to the other room, feed, diaper, or comfort. My wife you sit on the side of our bed bouncing and talking to him while he crys. Today is just a different version of that now that he is 14 and taller than me.
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, you just get old.

Kids throw it in sharp relief.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2014 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Da **** you say! My boy keeps my joints fluid. I thank him for that. Cliff, you are just old.
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

My wife keeps pointing out new gray hairs she finds, and we're not planning on having kids for a bit still.

I find my "first" gray hair about once a week!

Kevin
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
Welcome to my world. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, it gets worse.

But, enjoy those little beasts, they are your legacy. Mine are adults now. But, I fondly look back on those pictures and memories. You will also. Best wishes and remind the Mrs that they were her idea.

Ron

------------------
Ron
Count Down to A Better America: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/196044
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock