Started on: 04-14-2014 10:06 PM
Replies: 42 (736 views)
Last post by: Lambo nut on 04-19-2014 11:06 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.nationaljournal....a-reporting-20140414

The cadre of journalists who last year blew the lid off the National Security Agency's top-secret surveillance apparatus and ignited a roiling international debate over the proper scope of government spying have netted their papers the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, the awards committee announced Monday.

The Guardian and The Washington Post shared journalism's most coveted honor Monday for their reporting, which exposed classified details of the government's vast data-collection programs.

Is a Nobel Peace Prize next? That will put Snowden on par with Obama.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kinda like Snowden, the man has big brass ones......When "the system" (government OR corporations) does wrong against citizens/ staff then SOMEBODY needs to step foreward and do something about it.

P-M headed your way in a few M-J.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But now he has to live in Russia for the rest of his life. There ain't nothing worth that.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

But now he has to live in Russia for the rest of his life. There ain't nothing worth that.

You SEEN some of those Russian women ???

I wouodnt be crying too hard.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

You SEEN some of those Russian women ???

I wouodnt be crying too hard.

He had a cute girlfriend that he left behind. I don't know if I could have given up what he has. In fact I know that I wouldn't have. If anything I might have tried to be an anonymous whistle blower. A public whistle blower would have been in jail by now, Jail or Russia, not much of a choice.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a rat POS traitor, nothing more. End of story.
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

What's the matter, can't stand someone taking away politicians' toilet paper (Constitution?) He was protecting what he was sworn to protect. Makes him pretty much the definition of a patriot.

[This message has been edited by Ravant (edited 04-15-2014).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ravant:

What's the matter, can't stand someone taking away politicians' toilet paper (Constitution?) He was protecting what he was sworn to protect. Makes him pretty much the definition of a patriot.

No, I am sure he is the TP, or the clingons TP was made for?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoken like a govt lackey?
How high?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Spoken like a govt lackey?
How high?

Clearly you dont see many of my posts.
A true American would have delt with the "crime" without giving up Americas capabilities to our enemies. THAT is the difference between a traitor and a Patriot.
Snowman is a traitor.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've seen plenty of your posts.
Remember this thread?
How you supported the morons that did this?

So again:
How high?
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We've seen plenty of your posts.
Remember this thread?
How you supported the morons that did this?

So again:
How high?

I guess that is how it is" for you" so get over it.
By the way, my " support" was, is and always be for the truth. I dont jump on the " hate cops" band wagon like you do. I tend to hold off judgment till facts out. In the case of bad "shoots" I feel just as bad for the victoms as I do for the person that screwed up.

"How high?" sounds like a question from an inmate?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 04-15-2014).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When the government uses their "capabilities" against their own citizens, they need to be exposed.

Citizens should not live in fear of their government, the government should exist in fear of its citizens.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

End of story. In your eyes maybe, but for those that want a government run by the people, we seek truth.

Let me know which facility you work at. I will be sure not to go there with an attitude like yours.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A true American would have delt with the "crime" without giving up Americas capabilities to our enemies. THAT is the difference between a traitor and a Patriot.
Snowman is a traitor.

I always wonder for the people that say this, WTF was he exactly supposed to do? Where would he have gone to expose what he did? Who was he to report this to that would actually do ANYTHING about it? WTF was the proper procedure to follow to make sure things were reported and not just swept under the rug? How many things have we not heard about in the past because a person tried to do things the right way and got fired instead?

Kevin
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"How high?" sounds like a question from an inmate?

And he never answered.

Brad
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree. The Feds are out of control.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
I always wonder for the people that say this, WTF was he exactly supposed to do? Where would he have gone to expose what he did? Who was he to report this to that would actually do ANYTHING about it? WTF was the proper procedure to follow to make sure things were reported and not just swept under the rug? How many things have we not heard about in the past because a person tried to do things the right way and got fired instead?

We do know that those that chose to expose gooberment wrongdoing the gooberment way ... did not fare well. Perhaps after years of legal battles they may be vindicated, though at great cost.
Which I guess Snowden is also paying. 'Cept he has not been vindicated just yet.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Clearly you dont see many of my posts.
Snowman is a traitor.

Except in this case he would have been suicided by our very own government to keep what he knew quite, its not like they haven't done it before.

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...-kill-whistleblower/

the government is going to far, forgetting about our inalienable rights written in the constitution. and that very constitution they swore to uphold when they were sworn in. most now wipe their ass with it, they could care less about us, just themselves and how much they can get monetarily for screw us out of our rights.

https://www.google.com/sear...killed+in+US&spell=1

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-15-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

And he never answered.

Brad

I don't think many if anyone here expected him to, since his answer was self-evident.

I feel just as bad for the victoms as I do for the person that screwed up.

What a statement!!

Two 100% innocent women get their truck shot up, both go to the hospital, the event costs the taxpayers several millions ina settlement, the taxpayer is forced to buy them a new truck, the LAPD gets yet another black eye, the investigative panel agrees they broke protocol, (but they get to keep all pay and their jobs) and you "feel bad" for the complete morons that did this?

I feel bad for you.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I feel bad for you.

I am sure you do. It shows. You keep dwelling on stuff we disagree on, so much to the point that you change topics of threads to pay attention to me. Maybe it's an honor? You may just be infactuated? But I guess I dont much care, I will just keep on doing my thing with you tagging along.
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will just keep on doing my thing with you tagging along.

You mean like avoiding a real question, like...What exactly in your mind was Snowden supposed to do to make it right? Who was he to report to? Where was he to report it?

Kevin
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am sure you do. It shows. You keep dwelling on stuff we disagree on, so much to the point that you change topics of threads to pay attention to me. Maybe it's an honor? You may just be infactuated? But I guess I dont much care, I will just keep on doing my thing with you tagging along.

Don't flatter yourself. It's not you that I'm paying attention to. It's the acts of bad cops and the undying (jump--how high?) support people continue to give bad cops regardless of how many innocent law abiding citizens are killed or hurt that bothers me.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't flatter yourself. It's not you that I'm paying attention to. It's the acts of bad cops and the undying (jump--how high?) support people continue to give bad cops regardless of how many innocent law abiding citizens are killed or hurt that bothers me.

Please PM me and we can talk about it wihout disfiguring this topic any further. Clearly you have misread me.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

You mean like avoiding a real question, like...What exactly in your mind was Snowden supposed to do to make it right? Who was he to report to? Where was he to report it?

Kevin

This is a good question and I did not avoid it. Snowden was contracted to work on the system, correct? He stole information off of the system, correct. He tried to blackmail the Gov with that stolen information, (speculation on my part). No way he could have possably read thru that information by himself nd found out what the Gov was doing. The theif turned traitor, OR the traitor stole dogital documents to sell, trade, barter and or blackmail.
IF he was a lagit American concerned about the freedom of Americans he would NOT have revealed our scope of International capabilities to our club of haters. There is a HUGE difference between blowing the wistle and givin away intelligence. I have moore respect for a spy than a traitor.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a good question and I did not avoid it. Snowden was contracted to work on the system, correct? He stole information off of the system, correct. He tried to blackmail the Gov with that stolen information, (speculation on my part). No way he could have possably read thru that information by himself nd found out what the Gov was doing. The theif turned traitor, OR the traitor stole dogital documents to sell, trade, barter and or blackmail.
IF he was a lagit American concerned about the freedom of Americans he would NOT have revealed our scope of International capabilities to our club of haters. There is a HUGE difference between blowing the wistle and givin away intelligence. I have moore respect for a spy than a traitor.

So in other words, you don't know?

Kevin

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So in other words, you don't know?

Kevin

Yes. I do not know exactly who to go to with such a massive Gov intrusion and blatent disregard for the Constitution.
BUT I can tell you that IF I were in his postion and saw wrong doing, I would NOT have colected top secret files and gave them the the World to see while I blackmailed the Gov. for fame.
In other words, if I dont know how to do it right, I would find someone that can. He did it wrong, that is why he is wanted for prosicution and NOT protected under wistle blower protection laws. He is a traitor and will be prosicuted as he should.

BTW, IF you are wondering, (or jumping to the wrong conclsion) I do not defend the NSA for what they have been doing. I think some polititions should be sitting beside snowden in a Federal Prison for the rest of their lifes for the things they have done. The Gov should not be imune.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 04-17-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think some polititions should be sitting beside snowden in a Federal Prison for the rest of their lifes for the things they have done.

Fat chance of that ever occurring.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IF I were in his postion and saw wrong doing, I would NOT have colected top secret files and gave them the the World to see while I blackmailed the Gov. for fame.

He did not blackmail the government and I highly doubt he did it for fame.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

He did not blackmail the government and I highly doubt he did it for fame.

We can all speculate, even you. Bottom line is that his actions spoke loud and clear. He was NOT just exposing a wrong doing from the Gov.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bottom line is that his actions spoke loud and clear. He was NOT just exposing a wrong doing from the Gov.

What else did he do ? You speculate that he gave up our capabilities to our enemies. Can you prove it ? We have not even be given an example of any attack which was prevented by our NSA spying program, which we do know missed the Boston Bombing, the Times Square attempt, Ft Hood, etc.
PFF
System Bot
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 04-17-2014).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can all speculate, even you. Bottom line is that his actions spoke loud and clear. He was NOT just exposing a wrong doing from the Gov.

Yea, we can all speculate.....But when we do it we're wrong, you do it and it's 100% right.

First you say that you figure he tried to blackmail the Government, then, in your next post it's gospel that Snowden was blackmailing the Government...

Brad
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yea, we can all speculate.....But when we do it we're wrong, you do it and it's 100% right.

Brad

Kind of makes him sound like...like.... a democrat!

By the way, he is not the only one that pulls that crap on this forum!

Kevin
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uh yeah. RIGHT!!!
That's why the white house AND NSA had to back track on their initial denials that they were engaged in widespread spying on everyday innocent American citizens.
They got caught in a big lie and Liars by any other name are still liars.

If you have information that proves Snowden's actions did anything other than embarrass the crap out of NSA and the white house, spit it out-otherwise we'll go with the facts.
We DO know that their spying actions didn't prevent Bengazi, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Fort Hood attack, or, the attempted shoe bomb airliner attack that the passengers themselves thwarted.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin

There were 525 congressmen that he could have gone to, but not a single one of them was contacted. He would have been protected by whistleblower laws.

How many people do you think have probably died as a result of Snowden?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kind of makes him sound like...like.... a democrat!

By the way, he is not the only one that pulls that crap on this forum!

Kevin

That hurt, what have I said to you

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

First you say that you figure he tried to blackmail the Government, then, in your next post it's gospel that Snowden was blackmailing the Government...

Brad

Go ahead and speculate, I have no problem with that.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Uh yeah. RIGHT!!!
That's why the white house AND NSA had to back track on their initial denials that they were engaged in widespread spying on everyday innocent American citizens.

If you have information that proves Snowden's actions did anything other than embarrass the crap out of NSA and the white house, spit it out-otherwise we'll go with the facts.
We DO know that their spying actions didn't prevent Bengazi, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Fort Hood attack, or, the attempted shoe bomb airliner attack that the passengers themselves thwarted.

Say what ever you want about the NSA OR government corruption, I never took their side, and I am not defnding them. S I guess I am unaffiliated I this argument?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Uh yeah. RIGHT!!!

Well, at this point the U.S. Gov will provide the proof IF he ever tries to come back. And I "speculate" that he knows he will be behind bars for a long time for his crimes.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 04-18-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock