Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Shocker? Obama/Holder-led Dee-Oh-Jay say 'BIG CROSS should stay'..!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Shocker? Obama/Holder-led Dee-Oh-Jay say 'BIG CROSS should stay'..! by rinselberg
Started on: 04-12-2014 06:11 AM
Replies: 2 (168 views)
Last post by: Xyster on 04-12-2014 08:09 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg has the scoop on this fast-breaking news blockbuster

The Justice Department says a 29-foot war memorial cross on a San Diego mountain is not an unconstitutional promotion of Christianity and should remain on federal property.

The Obama administration said an appeals court ruling declaring the cross on Mount Soledad a violation of the constitutional separation of church and state undermined an act of Congress and conflicted with recent Supreme Court decisions.

But, in a filing Monday to the nation's highest court, it said an appeal should first be considered by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals because there is no imminent risk that the cross is removed. Last month, the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association asked to skip the appeals court and go straight to the U.S. Supreme Court, saying it wanted to hasten resolution to a legal dispute that began in 1989.

The brief by Solicitor General Donald B. Verrilli Jr. said "additional time for reflection" may cause the 9th Circuit to reconsider its position. It says the Justice Department will appeal to the Supreme Court if it loses. . . .

For the complete FOX News report:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2...l-cross-should-stay/

I wonder if folks of the "Wichita" persuasion have ever slanged this symbol as the "Jesus sticks" or something like that.. just a thought that came into my head at this moment, for better or worse. Actually, I just thought of someone on this forum (someone else, not the aforementioned) who came up with a linguistic construction along such lines.. but I will keep that privy between me and myself.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-12-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It must be campaign mode time for the Dems.
Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

It must be campaign mode time for the Dems.

It's so obvious yet I didn't even see it. At least it makes sense now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock