Started on: 04-11-2014 08:41 PM
Replies: 32 (544 views)
Last post by: OKflyboy on 04-13-2014 11:49 AM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a thread going in chat because it is about my 86 SE but know many here don't go there so I will retell what happened here for you guys.

Guy in a pickup pulled in the driveway this morning and said that's made by Toyota you know. I almost lost it, I won't bother you guys with how I feel about Toyota because I know you guys and gals in OT already know. but he insisted that it was made by Toyota, even after I showed him the back of the car with the name PONTIAC in big letters. He said he sold them back when they were new and they told him it was made by Toyota, had a Toyota engine in it and everything. Well Reba, Amanda named her what can I say, is still surrounded by snow and ice and I couldn't get the doors open to open the engine compartment and didn't have my key to the trunk on me. but I told him NO it is made by Pontiac in Michigan, the engine was made in the US and not by Toyota. I would never own a Toyota, never have and never will. he still insisted it was made by Toyota, if he ever comes back I will have her out and ruining and have the manual on the seats for him to read but was just so pissed off that he wouldn't believe that it wasn't made by Toilettota I almost grabbed one of my pry bars out of the shop and wanted to knock some sense into him, and I got some dam big pry bars, some 5' long.

WTF the man was my age, late 50s anyway he should know better. I can understand that young kid we had here a few years back thinking it was, he was just a dumb kid and thought every part off of the Fiero would fit his Toyota, but a grown man, WTF.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-11-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...note to remember...telling Steve that Fiero's were made by Toyota will spin him up...
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, Steve, Steve, next time tilt your head a little to one side, look at him with a little conspiratorial look, and say, " Not many people know that. Keep it quiet. " Go with the crazy instead of letting it get you.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't take much to get ya goin', does it, Steve?

They were actually made by Honda.......the forefathers of the NSX

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I busted up as I drove off. It was awesome as those Fiero people are a bunch of fanatics.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't it great when someone who doesn't currently own one thinks they can tell someone who does currently own one that they know more about it than you do.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

They were actually made by Honda.......the forefathers of the NSX

They were actually a Honda test program for the NSX, considering it came out in 1990.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone - especially those Maine guys! They're fanantics!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-11-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Isn't it great when someone who doesn't currently own one thinks they can tell someone who does currently own one that they know more about it than you do.

Thats the truth....but its also the same for any other make. What kind of truck was he driving ? Wonder if he knows who makes it ? lol.

Ive had people ready to fight when I told them their Infinity or Lexus, was just a Toyota or Nissan....and both of them just tried to copy a Mercedes.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-11-2014).]

gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone - especially those Maine guys! They're fanantics!

Maineiacs even :O

[This message has been edited by gtjoe (edited 04-11-2014).]

Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He probably thought it was an MR2... I get that a lot as well... Then they the makes some assumptions in their heads... If the Toyota Matrix is the Pontiac Vibe.... Then the MR2 is the Fiero! LOL!
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maineiac.

Couple questions/points.

PFF chat actually works and folks are still on there? I must be doing something wrong because I can never get it to work...

I love how here in Maine a person can just pull into a complete strangers driveway or property and start chatting people up. In some other places such a move would be very dangerous to the offender. Here in Maine some folks will say, "Come on in ayuh!"

I love the advice of telling the guy, "Your right, shhh. Don't tell anyone." I'm going to start using this one on the, "my GF's Fiero came with a V8" people.

Steve next time your Toyota fanboy stops over set the dogs on him. Easy.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
Don't be too concerned about the idiot. I drive a Fiero to work a bunch. She's a decent looking ride with nice wheels and does get some attention. Frequently someone will ask what that car is. What engine it has and other things. While I've never had someone tell me Toyota made them, most folks have no idea what a Fiero is or, who made it. There just not that many on the road any more. Until recently, most of Kentucky's Fiero population was located in my driveway or shop. Finally down to just one and she's a keeper. Yeah, after a lot of consideration, I finally settled on keeping the 88 Formula with the 3800SC. I drive her the most anyway.

------------------
Ron
Count Down to A Better America: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/196044
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
If your toyota loving dude comes back just remember this advice NEVER argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve is real close that level anyway.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Steve is real close that level anyway.

I may be old, I may be smelly, and I definitely have a penis but I ain't no idiot when it comes to cars.

I have forgotten more about cars than most people will ever know. And I still know more about cars than most people as well.

Steve
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People just come on your property and get in your business? I live in town and still don't have to put up with that.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

People just come on your property and get in your business? I live in town and still don't have to put up with that.

its Maine, we are more friendly than most people, to begin with, give me crap and I'll bust a cap in your ass to use the kids way of saying it nowadays . and to be honest I had my Glock under my shirt the entire time I was talking to him.

Steve
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Yup. When I had my Yellow GT parked on my property people would stop and ask about it and some would offer to buy or trade for it. My brother lives in that house now, he tells me some of my friends still drive by the house beeping their horns, even though I have been gone for more than 5 years now. LOL! When I came home, everyone that knew me, saw my car and stopped just to talk. Most Mainers are very friendly and just like to talk, especially if you have common interests. Most Mainers also have small to large arsenals that are within a seconds reach too. Sometimes I miss home.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

its Maine, we are more friendly than most people, to begin with, give me crap and I'll bust a cap in your ass to use the kids way of saying it nowadays . and to be honest I had my Glock under my shirt the entire time I was talking to him.

Steve

You've always struck me as the friendly, approachable type.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You've always struck me as the friendly, approachable type.

Ayup, just

"Don't Piss Me Off!"

I am almost always armed and extremely dangerous

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-12-2014).]

cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My '87 is .01% Toyota.
(Clutch slave cylinder piston seal)

[This message has been edited by cone shark (edited 04-12-2014).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
toyota? nah, probably aliens...

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ayup, just

"Don't Piss Me Off!"

That's what he definitely has a penis for .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... he insisted that it was made by Toyota ...

Steve, he is right. In a sense. You have heard it said that the Fiero's suspension was designed by Lotus. Well, after WW II, in an effort to rebuild Japan, the US government brought Japanese muckity mucks over to learn from, and help, in our manufacturing process and procedures. Many from the auto industry and Toyota in particular. Including engineers. In fact ... the Toyota folks had a substantial part of designing the Suburban too. I would have expected you to know GM history.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should have shot him.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of the information you needed could have been found with one of today's cell phones. It's a quick way to silence morons.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

You should have shot him.

I thought about it, I had the Glock under my shirt in the small of my back, But I thought with as dumb as he was karma would get him eventually without my help.

Originally posted by avengador1:

All of the information you needed could have been found with one of today's cell phones. It's a quick way to silence morons.

I don't have one of those new fangled phones, I use a tracphone and while it does have internet capabilities I never have used it and don't care to. he'll be back, he wanted to buy my yard plow, like I said I now have the manual in the passenger seat of it and will show him just what it is, where it was made and everything else.

Originally posted by cliffw:

Steve, he is right. In a sense. You have heard it said that the Fiero's suspension was designed by Lotus. Well, after WW II, in an effort to rebuild Japan, the US government brought Japanese muckity mucks over to learn from, and help, in our manufacturing process and procedures. Many from the auto industry and Toyota in particular. Including engineers. In fact ... the Toyota folks had a substantial part of designing the Suburban too. I would have expected you to know GM history.

Don't piss me off Cliff, I am running out of places to hide the bodies!

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-13-2014).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't piss me off Cliff, I am running out of places to hide the bodies!

Originally posted by Neils88:
...note to remember...telling Steve that Fiero's were made by Toyota will spin him up...

The only thing he holds more sacred than the Fiero is the 'Burb. I thought I would give that a try.

Originally posted by Neils88:

Nice job, .

Of course the moron was thinking about the Toyota MR2. Which is a nice mid engined car in it's own right.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Nice job, .

Of course the moron was thinking about the Toyota MR2. Which is a nice mid engined car in it's own right.

No he wasn't he really thought the Fiero was made by Toyota, why I have no idea, just stupid I guess because he didn't say it was an MR2 just that the Fiero was made by Toyota, even after seeing the Pontiac on the back bumper he still insisted it was made by Toyota.

Steve
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get that all the time with my Volvo. "Ya know that thing's got a Ferd motor in it, right?"

Actually, no. Ford's with 2.3s actually have motors copied from the Volvo redblock, not the other way around, but its not worth arguing about it so I just say "Yeah, they're pretty similar, huh?"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock