Started on: 04-09-2014 06:56 PM
Replies: 10 (338 views)
Last post by: DanDamage on 04-10-2014 05:49 PM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Online poster claims seeing white bigfoot in Litchfield

UPDATED 11:01 AM EST Feb 01, 2014

Read more: http://www.wmtw.com/news/ye...222908#ixzz2yQtVcdQU

LITCHFIELD, Maine —A yeti sighting in Litchfield? It's not impossible, according to International Cryptozoology Museum Assistant Director Jeff Meuse.

The sighting is being discussed after a person going by the initials M.P. told Cryptozoology News he saw a "white bigfoot" in Litchfield.

According to Cryptozoology News, M.P. told them, "I never thought I'd get to see something like this. I've always laughed at all these bigfoot nuts, I had my reasons. Now I guess I'm the crazy one here. Unless it was a very good hoax played on me, that could be, but I tell you again, it ain't easy for a man to make those kind of moves. That didn't look human to me."

Click here to watch the report

Cryptozoology News also includes stories about leprechauns, mermaids and "Pig-man."

"Let's face it, when it comes to any story about bigfoot, yetis or the abominable snowman, most people will answer with skepticism," said Meuse.

But that's what Meuse says he embraces about cryptozoology.

"You need to have a little skepticism, because you can't accept everything in this field," Meuse said.

Meuse said an important part of cryptozoology are the hoaxes and fakes because they help provide proof for real artifacts.

Skepticism may not be the only reason sightings may not be reported.

"Some people just don't want to talk if they've seen something like that," he said.

But not everyone wants to believe in yetis.

"Most likely, its one of the big hairy guys around here, roaming around," said Litchfield resident Percy Gowell.

Norm Bosse of Litchfield was more open to the possibility.

"I wouldn't be surprised if there were some in Maine if there is any. Why not? They're out, out west and they say there's some in Alaska so why not? Why not here in Maine?" he said.

Meuse thought approaching the question of a yeti in Litchfield with some doubt was a good idea.

"It is not good to have no level of skepticism," he said. "You need to really look at what you have and make those decisions on your own, what you determine to be actual."

The museum's sign uses a Coelacanth. A Coelacanth is a living fossil considered extinct for over 65 million years but was rediscovered in the 1930s and is still around today.

Meuse said 150,000 animals are discovered every year, from microscopic to the size of a cow.

"Does that mean bigfoot could be the next to be discovered? Not necessarily. But it could," Meuse said.

Gowell was going to wait and see.

"Who's to say? There might be something out there, lurking around. But… I don't know, until I see it, hard to say," he said.

Read more: http://www.wmtw.com/news/ye...222908#ixzz2yQtmH9P4

videos at the link, not of the yeti but of the news cast.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
steve, you really should quit running around nekkid in the woods. hairy old coot.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

steve, you really should quit running around nekkid in the woods. hairy old coot.

I know, I know but I feel so freeeeee.

Steve
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They left out of the interview, "Here hold my beer, Ya all ain't gonna believe this shat".
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, lurker, do you two mind? Some of us already have way too many scary ugly pictures in our head.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Steve, lurker, do you two mind? Some of us already have way too many scary ugly pictures in our head.

Not as scary as the video Skype you did to me the other day.

Steve

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if it was abominable

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When did " Uhlanstan " move to Maine?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its only 'Yeti' in the Himalayas of Tibet. In the US its generally Bigfoot or Sasquatch (the Native American name for it). Every area in the US also has its own slang name...in Ohio its 'Grassman'.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or "Chuck" from down by the river.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

waharharhar

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock