Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Will they be charged with a hate crime? Are they racists? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Will they be charged with a hate crime? Are they racists? by maryjane
Started on: 04-06-2014 11:03 AM
Replies: 58 (872 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-12-2014 12:21 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sort of agree with Loafer. I do think its in the blacks genetics. I know almost everytime you confront them about something, their first 'instinct' is to fight you. Whites do to so too, but to a lot lesser degree. Ive had them 'charge' me from across the parking lot just for watching to see what they were up to when they were in an area clearly marked to keep out. I just walked back inside and called the cops.
IP: Logged
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
I do think its in the blacks genetics. I know almost everytime you confront them about something, their first 'instinct' is to fight you.

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, they are being charged with a hate crime.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Hey, they are being charged with a hate crime.

Push by Dems to abolish "hate crime" legislation in 3...2...1...

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sort of agree with Loafer. I do think its in the blacks genetics. I know almost everytime you confront them about something, their first 'instinct' is to fight you. Whites do to so too, but to a lot lesser degree. Ive had them 'charge' me from across the parking lot just for watching to see what they were up to when they were in an area clearly marked to keep out. I just walked back inside and called the cops.

wow...
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

wow...

Hopefully they were just using the wrong term. Maybe they meant "culture"? Would you say that the black-white/ slave-owner thing has been used so much that it is common for black people to quickly escalate situations with whites? Do blacks feel a need to get the question of race superiority out of the way immediately therefore they are overly aggressive in situations that do not warrant aggression? If a young black man does not take the position of the aggressor, will he be called a "punk", "house n-er", "uncle tom", "weak", etc by his peers?

This is obviously not genetic but is this a common mentality?
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Hopefully they were just using the wrong term.

No, I do not believe that is the case. We have people on this forum who truly believe what they say.... I find it very sad and even more when people agree with their statements. (I am not saying you are... but others).

Eh..

Oh, as for "hate crimes"... that is stupid. A crime is a crime.

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never could figure out where they came up with the term hate crime. Any crime is done mostly in hate. I've never heard of a love murder.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tebailey

2622 posts
Member since Jan 2013
I don't think it's as much genetics as what they are taught. If they are raised by parents that teach hate and violence they will become hateful violent adults.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never could figure out where they came up with the term hate crime. Any crime is done mostly in hate. I've never heard of a love murder.

Some people don't even have feelings about who they kill, they just do it to satisfy their own needs.

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow...

Before you try and discredit Roger and I, do some digging. With a hugely disproportionate amount of violent crimes committed by blacks as compared to whites, even the US government put forth an initiative trying to figure what makes blacks so prone to violence. The 'Violence Iniative Project" revealed that blacks have significantly higher amounts of testosterone and serotonin in their systems, hard wiring them for violence. Unfortunately, these studies had to be abandoned as the program was deemed to be discriminatory.

http://discovermagazine.com.../violencegenesand446

In addition, scientists have identified five genes in blacks known to contribute to violent behavior. A 2010 study on these genes concluded that these predict criminality and violence more accurately than child's relationship with his mother.

http://takimag.com/article/.../print#axzz2yau0CrOt

Lot's of information out there if you would open your mind and seek it out.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 04-11-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill go with 'culture' if it makes you feel better. Pretty much means the same thing in the end.

We used to KID about blacks in running type sports. We said they got lots of practice as a kid running from their crime scenes.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-11-2014).]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with others here that say it was probably not a hate crime, just violent people looking for any excuse to be violent. I am sure group pressure to participate comes into play also.

I also agree that if it had been a violent pack of white dudes they would have been charged and paraded around the airwaves on every news station.

Now, genetics, there is research going on now that will map and show genes that a subject having these will or are more likely to display certain traits, good or bad. Many are NOT liking this but if you ask a question, better be prepared for an answer you don't like. How this information will be used is the question.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Lot's of information out there if you would open your mind and seek it out.

I would suggest you take your own advice.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would suggest you take your own advice.

He posted links to studies that I was unaware of. Do you know of any links to sites that discredit his? Something different that you would like us to consider? There are plenty of racists and bigots out there but it seems that these guys have formed an opinion that may be backed up by research. It would be Ok for you to admit that black people have a pre-disposition to violence in much the same way it would be OK for an American Indian to admit that they have a pre-dispositon to being alcoholics. These are not 'bad labeles' in and of themselves. They do not describe any individual or their personalities. They are merely generalities and clues to what may be going on.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't think it's as much genetics as what they are taught. If they are raised by parents that teach hate and violence they will become hateful violent adults.

I agree with that too in part. Some of it is being 'taught' and it just re enforces being predisposed already.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-11-2014).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nature vs nurture. That discussion has been going on forever and both sides have points that seem to be accurate.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 'Violence Iniative Project" revealed that blacks have significantly higher amounts of testosterone and serotonin in their systems, hard wiring them for violence. Unfortunately, these studies had to be abandoned as the program was deemed to be discriminatory.

http://discovermagazine.com.../violencegenesand446

Among them were some exploring the link between aggressive behavior and disturbances in levels of a chemical called serotonin. Gerald L. Brown, a psychiatrist who is clinical director of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, explains that serotonin transmits nerve signals in the brain and is important in regulating sleep, sexual behavior, appetite, and impulsivity. In 1979 Brown was part of the team that first suggested an association between low levels of serotonin and out-of-control aggressive behavior in a group of U.S. military men. Serotonin depletion appears to have a disinhibiting effect, says Brown, and studies have repeatedly implicated it in explosive, destructive, impulsive behavior, including suicide. "A more familiar word might be violent," he adds, "but violent is not a scientific term; it's descriptive."

Many things can apparently influence serotonin production, though race isn't one of them. Serotonin levels are 20 to 30 percent lower in men than in women. They are high in newborns, low in adolescents, then rise again with age--a pattern that seems to fit with the stereotype of the impulsive teenager. A diet high in L-tryptophan, an amino acid needed to make serotonin, can boost levels of the neurotransmitter in animals. Some studies tentatively suggest that animals subjected to stressful environments make less serotonin, raising the possibility that the same might happen in humans living under the gun, whether on the battlefield or in poor, crime-ridden neighborhoods.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...articles/PMC2612120/
Impulsive aggression is a complex behavioral phenotype and multiple brain systems may contribute to its etiology and its high comorbidity with other disorders. The association between impulsive aggression and its comorbid disorders may result from biological predisposing factors, such as an imbalance among the functions of different neurochemical systems, or dysfunction in activities of executive brain regions. Specifically, low levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT) have been associated with impulsive aggression in both human and animal studies (Asberg, Scalling, Trakeman-Bendz, & Wagner, 1987; Linnoila & Virkkunen, 1992). A number of studies indicate that serotonin and dopamine (DA) systems interact closely at a basic neurophysiological level (Daw, Kakade, & Dayan, 2002; Kapur & Remington, 1996; Wong, Feng, & Teo, 1995), and that impairment of the serotonin system function can lead to dysregulation of the dopamine system (De Simoni, Dal Toso, Fodritto, Sokola, & Algeri, 1987). Additionally, activation of the prefrontal cortex (PFC), specifically the orbital and ventromedial PFC, has been implicated in the behavioral control of aggression, and impairments in these areas are related to an increase in impulsive aggression (Anderson, Bechara, Damasio, Tranel, & Damasio, 1999; Davidson, Putnam, & Larson, 2000). These lines of evidence suggest that aggression and its comorbid disorders may come from an underlying neurobiology, specifically serotonin and dopamine interaction in the prefrontal cortex. Other biological factors, such as norepineprine (Barrett, Edinger, & Siegel, 1990) and testosterone (Giammanco, Tabacchi, Giammanco, Di Majo, & La Guardia, 2005) may also contribute to aggression. However, the focus will be on the interaction between serotonin and dopamine, because of their well-established relations with impulsive aggression and their significance in explaining comorbid disorders.

http://www.scientificameric...esnt-cause-violence/

[Historically,] researchers expected an increase in testosterone levels to inevitably lead to more aggression, and this didn't reliably occur," says Frank McAndrew, a professor of psychology at Knox College in Galesburg, Ill. Indeed, the latest research about testosterone and aggression indicates that there's only a weak connection between the two. And when aggression is more narrowly defined as simple physical violence, the connection all but disappears.

Changes in testosterone levels in response to challenges can be further shaped by our expectations. In one experiment that put a biological spin on the red state–blue state divide, researchers at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor had a volunteer "accidentally" bump into and then insult men who were raised either in the North or the South. The researchers hypothesized that Southerners come from a "culture of honor" in which aggressive responses to insults are culturally appropriate, and the results of their experiment bolstered that notion: Not only were Southerners more likely than their northern counterparts to respond with aggression, but their levels of testosterone also rose as a result. The Northerners, in contrast, were much less likely to experience an increase in testosterone.

In addition, scientists have identified five genes in blacks known to contribute to violent behavior. A 2010 study on these genes concluded that these predict criminality and violence more accurately than child's relationship with his mother.
http://takimag.com/article/.../print#axzz2yau0CrOt

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/198/6/457.long
n 2002, Caspi and colleagues published a paper examining the role of the monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA) in the development of antisocial behaviours.1 This research was motivated by earlier evidence suggesting that carriers of the low-activity variant of MAOA were an at-risk group for criminality and violence.2– 4 Using data from the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study (DMHDS) Caspi et al were able to show consistent gene×environment (G×E) interactions between exposures to childhood maltreatment and MAOA genotype in the development of antisocial behaviours. Their findings showed that associations between childhood maltreatment and antisocial behaviour were modified by MAOA, with those having the low-activity variant being more responsive to the effects of maltreatment than the high-activity group.

http://www.pnas.org/content/106/7/2118.full
There is some evidence of a main effect for genotype and some evidence for a gene by environment interaction, such that MAOA is less associated with the occurrence of aggression in a low provocation condition, but significantly predicts such behavior in a high provocation situation.

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 04-11-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ill go with 'culture' if it makes you feel better. Pretty much means the same thing in the end.

We used to KID about blacks in running type sports. We said they got lots of practice as a kid running from their crime scenes.

Not nearly the same thing.
Genotype (how chromosomes pair up and change brain pattern within a certain trait) is not a product of society or culture within just a comparatively few generations.
Phenotype (what is visible and viewable) is--or at least, can be.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock