Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Married guys--you ever feel like saying this to your wife?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Married guys--you ever feel like saying this to your wife? by maryjane
Started on: 04-05-2014 10:00 PM
Replies: 26 (452 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-07-2014 08:48 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-05-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Don't!

Weird...
Cool, it's working now!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-05-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fixed.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always wanted to tell my wife her sister is really cute...and she don't even have a sister!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-05-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dont!

My first wife's younger half sister was a knock out drop dead attractive woman. She lived with us for three years in Georgia and I never as much as intimated any interest in her as she grew from a high school girl to a young woman. Two years after the divorce, I somehow found my way to where she was living in Texas and somehow took her to dinner and somehow we became torrid lovers. For once in my life, I did the intelligent thing and broke up with her because my ex lives in TX too and discovered our less than platonic relationship. It was fun when it lasted. Wooooooo Hoooooo.

Now, all my exes live in Texas. But the love of my life lives here in Oregon with me.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by starlightcoupe:

My first wife's younger half sister was a knock out drop dead attractive woman. She lived with us for three years in Georgia and I never as much as intimated any interest in her as she grew from a high school girl to a young woman. Two years after the divorce, I somehow found my way to where she was living in Texas and somehow took her to dinner and somehow we became torrid lovers. For once in my life, I did the intelligent thing and broke up with her because my ex lives in TX too and discovered our less than platonic relationship. It was fun when it lasted. Wooooooo Hoooooo.

Now, all my exes live in Texas. But the love of my life lives here in Oregon with me.

Ok, wait, tell it again..........and talk slower.
Yea, thaaaaaat's it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I somehow found my way to where she was living in Texas and somehow took her to dinner and somehow we became torrid lovers.

Dang, that's a lot of somehows Richard. Coincidences all, I'm sure.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dang, that's a lot of somehows Richard. Coincidences all, I'm sure.

Don, it's mazing how all those coincidences just fell into place.

Boonie, she was beautiful beyond any woman I can remember. I kept asking myself how a good looking 20-something like her could see anything in a 38 year old like me.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Capt FieroSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by starlightcoupe:

Don, it's mazing how all those coincidences just fell into place.

Boonie, she was beautiful beyond any woman I can remember. I kept asking myself how a good looking 20-something like her could see anything in a 38 year old like me.

Odd question but where in Oregon are you?
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent the link to my future son-in-law(he's going to need it). My wife is downstairs calling me a "male chauvinist" after I cranked it up for her to hear it (it must have hit a nerve).
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coincidences all, I'm sure.

Yup. (of course, that's pretty easy when you name your Willie Coincidence...)

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Odd question but where in Oregon are you?

Yes, it is odd, here.

We live roughly half way between Cottage Grove and Roseburg near a town called Yoncalla.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe the Capt is wanting to make sure his wife never gets too close to you....

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dont!

Hah, is this from experience?

What I would like to tell my wife is...

"Did you know that the light-switch goes BOTH ways?"

Drives me nuts sometimes when I come home and every light in the house is on. She'll basically turn lights on as she goes through the house, and then doesn't turn them back off.

I ended up installing timed lights in both bathrooms, so she has to select 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes for how long she wants those lights on.

I've also replaced all the bulbs I used to have, whether incandescent or compact fluorescent, and replaced them all with LED, so it's not a huge problem, but still annoying when ALL the lights are on.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don, I am in my 70s and my current wife is 20 years younger than me. Besides, the good Capt has nothing to be concerned about a predatory septuagenarian .
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Capt FieroSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hah, is this from experience?

What I would like to tell my wife is...

"Did you know that the light-switch goes BOTH ways?"

Drives me nuts sometimes when I come home and every light in the house is on. She'll basically turn lights on as she goes through the house, and then doesn't turn them back off.

I ended up installing timed lights in both bathrooms, so she has to select 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes for how long she wants those lights on.

I've also replaced all the bulbs I used to have, whether incandescent or compact fluorescent, and replaced them all with LED, so it's not a huge problem, but still annoying when ALL the lights are on.

I have threatened to put timed light switches on every switch in the house. I don't mind a few lights on, but left on for hours on end without ever entering a room, just pisses me off.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Capt FieroSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000

LOL,. Na my wife is happy with me and her Fiero's. I was thinking if he was closer to say Wilsonville (halfway between Portland and Salem on I-5) we could meet up for coffee when I get back to Oregon. I am in a tiny town of Aurora Oregon. (population is around 650 people)

If I end up living in Aurora I was thinking about trying to set up a monthly Fiero tinkering day.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have threatened to put timed light switches on every switch in the house. I don't mind a few lights on, but left on for hours on end without ever entering a room, just pisses me off.

Why does it anger you?

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Capt FieroSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why does it anger you?

Because I pay the electricity bills.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With the tax, and I smoke around 1.5 packs a day. Its now $604 per month. Yes 600 per month. (some days only one pack, some days 2 packs)

With Lisa its nearly $1000 per month, that's $12,000 per year for the 2 of us to smoke

How much does leaving each lightbulb on cost?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Capt FieroSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much does leaving each lightbulb on cost?

Yes you got me there, however the lights on are a waste, if we were addicted to light, then ok, but it would be like buying cigarettes and flushing them down the toilet without ever smoking them.

You are right, lights are not really that expensive on the grand scheme of things, running your dryer a few times a month costs more or falling asleep with the TV on for 8hrs. Its just the principal of it. If you leave a room, turn off the lights.

If you have your window open in your room, please close the heater vent in you room.

If you want to leave the front doors open, please let me turn off the AC or Heat for the house.

If you have a tendency to fall asleep with the TV on, and your TV has a sleep timer, please use it. (that's a bad one with me, I have a hard time going to sleep without a show to listen to in the background. )

The only really wasteful expense I let slide are computer systems. My computer has a 750watt PSU, and the other 6 running PC's in the house are all multi drive system with big power supplies. My media server has 18tb of media streaming drives. Both my personal rig and my torrent rig are set to NEVER SLEEP, always on, High Performance Mode.

P.S. We never smoke in the house, only in the garage or out on the Balcony.

------------------

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We don't smoke in the house either--might be one reason I was able to cut down so much lately--I don't like going out in the cold just to smoke.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Capt FieroSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We don't smoke in the house either--might be one reason I was able to cut down so much lately--I don't like going out in the cold just to smoke.

When my computer was in the house, I didn't smoke near as much. However when my computer gear got booted to the Garage. (heated carpeted garage) I can sit at my computer and watch TV, surf PFF or whatever, and smoke all I like. I find that I do smoke more. Instead of going outside with my coffee and having one smoke, then going inside and reading email. I take my coffee to the garage and smoke like 2 or 3 in a row while reading emails and watching news/weather reports.

(I have dual monitors, a 27" main one and a 24" beside that one)

------------------

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You should totally do it, my wife has learned to deal with the timer lights... but it's funny when guests go into the guest bathroom and are totally confused as to what to do.

The shower light is on a turn knob timer, and the main bathroom light is on the bar timer light switch: OFF, 10, 15, 20, 30

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 291
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwClick Here to Email cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Married guys--you ever feel like saying this to your wife?

Don't!

I don't. As much as she want's me to, I don't.
She is always trying to get me to. She begs for details. About any/everything. When I listen to her I hear more details than I care for, things I don't care about, details which have nothing to do with the subject matter of what she is saying yapping about.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock