Started on: 04-03-2014 08:58 PM
Replies: 29 (443 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-06-2014 09:18 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this:

Paris:

Sao Paulo:

LA:

And I'm beginning to agree with Agent Smith...

And I'm happy that we don't have or want kids.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Human sprawl CAN be cured....

I'm thinking more-and-more its a good damn idea. It would shure-as-sheet solve immigrations, feminizm, political-correctness, racism, banksters, lawuers, economyand the LBGT agenda....

Actually, it would pretty much solve everything.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Human sprawl CAN be cured....

Actually, it would pretty much solve everything.

I somewhat agree. We (humans) seem to need a reset every now and then.

After my lifetime, if that's not too much to ask (another reason not to have kids).

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-03-2014).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why after your lifetime? What makes your the current generation your age so special? Wait, Miley Cyrus, right? If humanity has to pay the ultimate price for existing, now is as good a time as any.

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 04-04-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DPFGE
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Just saw this:

I remember a guy who was going on a rant like this. He barricaded himself at the Discovery Channel headquarters and took hostages and was then shot by snipers.

We can continue to grow, so long as we continue to preserve natural resources. We can move UP, and rehabilitate areas that are already (or were once) populated like Detroit and have become abandoned.
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure what the point of these videos are. To show population growth in some of the biggest cities in the world? That seems like something anyone should be able to understand. Populations grow. I think these maps become more detailed as time goes on because, i'm sure survey and census techniques are about 1000% more accurate and precise in 2000 than they were in 1845.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

I'm not sure what the point of these videos are. To show population growth in some of the biggest cities in the world? That seems like something anyone should be able to understand. Populations grow. I think these maps become more detailed as time goes on because, i'm sure survey and census techniques are about 1000% more accurate and precise in 2000 than they were in 1845.

They are just another way of showing this:

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Why after your lifetime? What makes your the current generation your age so special? Wait, Miley Cyrus, right? If humanity has to pay the ultimate price for existing, now is as good a time as any.

Nothing special. I just don't want to experience the consequences. Obvious, right?

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-04-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yet another "the world is getting overpopulated" thing?
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i live in the country. i'm in denial.
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing special. I just don't want to experience the consequences. Obvious, right?

I'm a firm believer in consequences.
I believe it is the root of all expansion and advancement.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nature will fix it eventually and we all know it. Whether by lack of food or plague or whatever. The earths population will not grow exponentially forever. It's just a matter of when.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm curious what the concern here is. Are you worried about the kids of the future living in a society that's crowded?

The Earth is billions of years old... who cares what happens in 4,000 of it.

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ever heard of the mysterious Georgia Guidstones???

our government is gonna pull a hitler

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biggest mystery of the guidestones is who contracted the granite company to build it.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is estimated that the world population will level out between 10 and 15 billion. It is likely to be closer to 10 than 15.

If you want to reduce the earth population, then spread prosperity. Prosperous countries have low birth rates.

The one common way to prosperity is with electricity. That is why the developing countries want power plants so badly. That is why no matter how much the West tries, we will never talk the developing countries out of using coal and oil for power.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

The Earth is billions of years old... who cares what happens in 4,000 of it.

I absolutely agree - the planet won't care and life will go on. It just won't turn out well for us as a species IMO.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Hudini:

Nature will fix it eventually and we all know it. Whether by lack of food or plague or whatever. The earths population will not grow exponentially forever. It's just a matter of when.

I agree.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

It is estimated that the world population will level out between 10 and 15 billion. It is likely to be closer to 10 than 15.

If you want to reduce the earth population, then spread prosperity. Prosperous countries have low birth rates.

The one common way to prosperity is with electricity. That is why the developing countries want power plants so badly. That is why no matter how much the West tries, we will never talk the developing countries out of using coal and oil for power.

I'm not sure what it will be like when it levels out. IF it levels out. China is one of the developing countries that although it is dependent on coal at the present time it is also a world leader in the advancement of solar and wind energy.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure why but, this made me smile.

------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

PFF
System Bot
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

100 bucks says that changes in the next ten years

why wouldnt you want one of these?

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Exactly, and the same thing applies to our economy. Nothing can grow at 2% forever. Our economy is a ponzi scheme for the wealthy and when it fails it will be catastrophic. When it happens it will hit everybody. Not just the poor struggling underclass. Not gonna be pretty. I'll be under the dirt by that time.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Populations (animals/people) tend to expand until they reach a natural limit. We are on an upswing, but this will likely settle out over the next 25-30 years.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda like termites, fleas and kudzu?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I absolutely agree - the planet won't care and life will go on. It just won't turn out well for us as a species IMO.

If we can continue to advance to the level that we have over the next 100-200 years, I wouldn't have any reason to think we wouldn't exist in some form at least on some planet somewhere. No idea what civilization will be like 1,000 or even 1,000,000 years from now. If we can make it off this planet, then we should be able to survive long term at least somewhere.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If we can continue to advance to the level that we have over the next 100-200 years, I wouldn't have any reason to think we wouldn't exist in some form at least on some planet somewhere. No idea what civilization will be like 1,000 or even 1,000,000 years from now. If we can make it off this planet, then we should be able to survive long term at least somewhere.

That's probably true as the universe is too big for us to destroy before the end of time (whenever/whatever that may be).

Or maybe it gives us at least some time to evolve some more.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-06-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NASA's 100-Year Starship Project Sets Sights on Interstellar Travel
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Technology can be a double edged sword. At this point it's not clear to me whether it will be our salvation or or demise. I pray that we will use it intelligently and not greedily. So far it looks like it could go either way. I see no sense in thinking that we can screw up this planet and then move to another. Our future is here. If we have a future.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(another reason not to have kids).

You don't enjoy life ? Do you wish you were not born ?
I don't get your reasoning. Do you think you are saving any offspring from a hellish existence ?
I argue you are denying them opportunity, and the joy of success and failure.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock