Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Two Stroke Oil - - - Oil Of Any Kind ... Rant (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Two Stroke Oil - - - Oil Of Any Kind ... Rant by cliffw
Started on: 04-01-2014 08:31 PM
Replies: 42 (1139 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-04-2014 01:04 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

HUH? Don't like it? Don't buy it.

You said they mandate the type of oil. Not that you must use their brand, correct? If so, what is the problem? They don't want you to use an oil that may harm engine, as there are many different brands of 2-stroke oil. Read up on the specs that are required and go shopping. If you don't agree with these terms, return the product. It is a free market.

For some reason, this sounds familiar. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IP: Logged
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I thought were a few bad fuel incidents in one of my old tractors turned out to be a faulty(?) vent on a new gas cap that was letting LOTS of water in. I started covering the cap and have had no more trouble. I have never used stabilizer and haven't had any problems. It gets EXTREMELY humid here and I thought the increased ethanol would cause trouble, but it hasn't yet.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive left gas in my mower, weedeater and generator after the season for them was over and stored them in the basement. It was a lot of work to get them to run again. Involved draining the old gas, taking off and cleaning out carbs. After I started draining them at the end of their season, they all start right up in a couple of pulls. Maybe it is Ohio gas. Gas with ethanol draws water + just loses potency. It may work OK if its mixed with new gas. I keep it simple, I dont keep any gas of any kind over a couple months before I throw it out.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock