What do couples do? by grkboy707
Started on: 03-21-2014 06:21 AM
Replies: 59 (755 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 03-26-2014 06:48 PM
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

That's effed up advice Ron. lolol. If she is a cute girl, I'm guessing they are 20 or less, she'll have a new guy inside of that month. I agree though, they should break up. He'll learn a lot. I'm guessing it is his first relationship.

Todd I am with you. I don't watch TV.

Close, she's 21 and I'm a few months behind. I've been in "relationships" before, but they were the middle school type that I don't really count. That being said, that's yet another reason I'm having second thoughts.
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

See I think that could also be a major problem. I am very independent, I'd got a couple of good friends that can occupy all my time if needed, and I have a fiero (nuff said ). While she has no hobbies, hardly any friends and needs to be around me all the time.

I'm just going to be brutally honest with you. If she needs to hang on you ALL of the time, and has no hobbies of her own... then I would seriously consider taking a second look. If she isn't 1) pretty intelligent, 2) Unnecessarily hot, 3) ambitious and not lazy, then I would start looking around. The last thing you need is someone who's going to hang on you all the time for everything. Imagine what happens when you guys have kids... (just saying), is she going to expect you to do everything there too?

I like the fact that my wife can entertain herself without needing me to be by her side every waking moment.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22786 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Close, she's 21 and I'm a few months behind. I've been in "relationships" before, but they were the middle school type that I don't really count. That being said, that's yet another reason I'm having second thoughts.

But... also, you're in Maryland... and especially this past winter, there's nothing to do except go to the movies, grocery shopping, Annapolis, or the inner harbor... ugh, shoot me now. So maybe that could be what it is too...
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, tonight we said our goodbyes. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Thanks to everyone for your input and advice on future relationships.
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that. Glad you ended it without fighting. Hopefully you can stay friends. But from what you mentioned earlier, it sounds like this was the correct decision. Don't rush anything, but eventually you'll find your soul mate...you'll know when you do.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just Blam! Like that?

Not even try some new stuff?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-23-2014 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Just Blam! Like that?

Not even try some new stuff?

Welcome to real life.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Welcome to real life.

Where is Ferris Bueller when you need him?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She'll be, when you're a few decades older, the one you let get away based on internet advice from people that never met either one of you.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

She'll be, when you're a few decades older, the one you let get away based on internet advice from people that never met either one of you.

The devil you know.
He doesn't know that the next one is going to screw his best friend.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 03-23-2014).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

The devil you know.
He doesn't know that the next one is going to screw his best friend.

Hi,
My name is Ron, I'd like to be your best friend.

OK, OK. I'm just kidding. She's way too young for me.

Edited: Oh, BTW Don, congrats. Was that a heifer or bull calf?

------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-23-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heifer. 4th one so far, and after last year's run of 99% bull calves, I'm glad to see a change.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm aware that she might be. And I didn't just blindly follow everyone's advice. In fact , I'm going against most. You guys just helped me find the words for why I don't feel right in this relationship anymore. And I'm definitley there for her, I was her shoulder to cry on for a few hours last night, and I'm going over today to talk about it.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The fact they even listened is telling.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:
Kind of hard to walk in a wheel chair.

Listen to this man. He is right.
Those people need to be pushed up to the wall, facing it. They don't need to smell fresh air. They don't want to see new sights. They are happy with their lot in life.
tebailey, It is kinda' hard to take a zhit in a wheel chair.

Originally posted by tebailey:
Sitting around and watching TV was the only thing me and my girl friend could afford to do when we were dating, that was 40yrs ago and that's still what we do today.

TV I think is the worst drug ever invented. I have done drugs. None wasted as much of my life as TV has ever done. TV is addictive. Habit forming. TV is also a crutch. It helps one avoid life's realities when the realities should be focused upon.

Well, tonight we said our goodbyes. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Thanks to everyone for your input and advice on future relationships.

I am saddened to hear this.
Gosh. Sad to hear for a few different reasons. I would like to help. Help how or to what end I have no idea.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm aware that she might be. And I didn't just blindly follow everyone's advice. In fact , I'm going against most. You guys just helped me find the words for why I don't feel right in this relationship anymore. And I'm definitley there for her, I was her shoulder to cry on for a few hours last night, and I'm going over today to talk about it.

Sounds reponsible. Keep that thinking and kind head on your shoulders.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-26-2014).]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, just got around to reading this thread.

If dumping her because it has gotten stale (almost always does) and she hangs with you (actually likes your ass) is your "reasoning" you are being a big fool.

Relationships are all about companionship, no other reason to put up with one. Sounds like you had companionship. Nowhere to go other than up. Now if you just want to go out and bang many many chicks then that might be a good reason!

Really, what's the problem, is she fugly or too musky or something?
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Really, what's the problem, is she fugly or too musky or something?

You make those sound like bad things.

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depends on what you watch on TV. You can either learn new things or rot your brain. All I ever watch are things on Discovery, DYI, History, TLC and the science channel. The bad thing with TV is that it had the ability to reach the masses in real time, but they chose to give us mindless drivel instead of information. The internet is another great innovation that can go either way.With the ability for instant communication and information the biggest money makers are the **** sites.

[This message has been edited by tebailey (edited 03-26-2014).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got to be honest... if you really loved the girl, you'd know it. The woman I married... yeah, she really pisses me off sometimes and she also nags (we've been married for 10 years), but not once have I ever seriously thought that I made a wrong decision. By that I mean... I've never regretted my decision to marry her, I would do it again in a heartbeat, and it was a feeling different from any other girl I've dated.

I've been swept up in all different kinds of feelings in other relationships, and I've had that feeling that YOU'VE described with every other woman that I've dated except the one I'm married to. I'll be dead honest, if you're really not sure she's the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, then you shouldn't waste your time, or her time.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock