Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I Want To Talk One More Time About My Headphones.....For Your Own Good!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I Want To Talk One More Time About My Headphones.....For Your Own Good! by Boondawg
Started on: 01-14-2014 01:10 PM
Replies: 25 (385 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 07-09-2014 11:33 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was the best money I ever spent on electronics....and in 1999 I spent $300 dollars on one of the first portable (hardrive) digital music players!
My music enjoyment has doubled, and that's a lot!
I'm hearing things I never heard heretofore, nuances that add a whole nother dimension to the music I love!

$120 dollars is a lot of money for headphones, but I would recommend the investment wholeheartedly!
I can't imagine what the $1,000 dollar ones sound like!
Spontaneous orgasm.....

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-14-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were they wireless? I've been thinking about some wireless ones.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

No, but Sennheiser does make wireless ones.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

i got a set of wireless sennheiser hdr120s for xmas and i'm happy with them. not boondawg happy, but i like 'em.
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/hdr-120

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-14-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

i got a set of wireless sennheiser hdr120s for xmas and i'm happy with them. not boondawg happy, but i like 'em.

Well, nobody is ever "Boondawg happy".
You gotta' be a special kind of fool to achieve that kind of abandon......
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm envious of your ability to find joy and wonder in stuff i sometimes consider trivial. go for it.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
special kind of fool

There's a song there, maybe even about headphones.

That man of mine he done spent all our money
On a set a headphones, can you believe it, honey?
Getting down to the beat, big ol smile on his face
Don't ever notice what's goin' on in this place
Used to think lovin' him was some special kinda cool
But I finally woke up he's just a special kind a fool.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/hdr-120

I have a set of open back HDR 130's that are give my ears orgasms every time I put them on. Yeah... They're that awesome.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone bought me a set of Bose headphones a few years back. The sound was amazing compared to any headphones I had ever used. When I broke 'em, I went out and paid for a new pair. There was no going back. Sounds like you're standing in front of a good stereo system, complete with subwoofer. They were in the same price bracket as yours. I don't see it in your post anywhere...what brand are yours?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

I don't see it in your post anywhere...what brand are yours?

I got the Sennheiser HD 558's:

I then modded them to the HD 598's......for free!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-14-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Rallaster:

I have a set of open back HDR 130's that are give my ears orgasms every time I put them on. Yeah... They're that awesome.

Ear-gasm...

Forward to 0:35:
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now you got me wondering if i can/should mod my 120s. thanks heaps.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

now you got me wondering if i can/should mod my 120s. thanks heaps.

I don't think the 120's can be modded... At least not easily..
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just remember to keep the volume reasonable. With good headphones, there's no clue just how loud you're playing the music.

You've only got one set of ears. Once damaged, they won't get better. Keep them in good shape for many more years of listening.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Just remember to keep the volume reasonable. .

I do not.
Reasonable is relative.

My stock answer to "You've had enough!" is "Yes, but I want more then enough."
I'm not saying it has ever served me well, I'm saying it's who I am.

I've spent my life around loud, grinding machines.
I'm going to enjoy the sound & levels of my own choosing.

P.S. I do agree with you that your ears are one of your most valuable gifts and worth taking care of and protecting.
It's just I never have.
Safety glasses either.
And gloves....and condoms......and bike helmets......and seatbelts.....and drugs.......and life.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Rallaster:

I don't think the 120's can be modded... At least not easily..

The only modd I heard of was for expanding the bass by taking them apart, drilling holes through the backs and inserting some wool between the back of the headphones and the backs of the drivers.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I do not.
Reasonable is relative.

My stock answer to "You've had enough!" is "Yes, but I want more then enough."
I'm not saying it has ever served me well, I'm saying it's who I am.

I've spent my life around loud, grinding machines.
I'm going to enjoy the sound & levels of my own choosing.

P.S. I do agree with you that your ears are one of your most valuable gifts and worth taking care of and protecting.
It's just I never have.
Safety glasses either.
And gloves....and condoms......and bike helmets......and seatbelts.....and drugs.......and life.

Yeah, I kinda thought that advice might fall on deaf ears, but I thought maybe somebody else might profit from it.

(What?)

I SAID... never mind....
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

The only mod I heard of was for expanding the bass by taking them apart, drilling holes through the backs and inserting some wool between the back of the headphones and the backs of the drivers.

did a search, only mod i found was a guy who put a headphone jack on them so he could plug his earbuds into them while exercizing, thereby making the earbuds wireless. meh..
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

You've only got one set of ears. Once damaged, they won't get better. Keep them in good shape for many more years of listening.

Yep. The best investment I ever made was a set of noise-canceling headsets to wear while flying. My ears have definitely been damaged by many years of exposure to broadcast/recording studios, industrial facilities, lawn equipment, motorcycles, race cars, firearms, and airplanes, but I still don't need hearing aids (yet).

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 01-15-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good advice-------For our own good.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

did a search, only mod i found was a guy who put a headphone jack on them so he could plug his earbuds into them while exercizing, thereby making the earbuds wireless. meh..

Mine had RCA jacks for the audio in, but I cut them off and soldered a 6 ft stereo miniplug on it so I could plug it into my stereo or MP3 player headphone jack and I use mine while working in the yard.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Sennheiser 558's-hacked-to-598's headphones are verrrrrrrrrrrry hot in the summertime!
My ears are baking!

No joke....
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's so very good to enjoy the simple things whenever you can. A good tune on good headphones.
Mmmm it's like butter melting on pancakes

Glad you found a way to bring happiness to yerself ...
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also in the Sennheiser Appreciation Club - HD280 Pros
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's one you probably haven't listened to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiDhdjAHiQg
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Yep. The best investment I ever made was a set of noise-canceling headsets to wear while flying. My ears have definitely been damaged by many years of exposure to broadcast/recording studios, industrial facilities, lawn equipment, motorcycles, race cars, firearms, and airplanes, but I still don't need hearing aids (yet).

Crap, hell just froze over one more time, you and I agree, somewhat anyway. Well at least Dear old Dad is keeping his beer cold in Hell !

Having been in noisy environments can and does to one degree or another damage your hearing, especially concerts and recording sections when you are right in front of the band. So they are damaged to one degree or another that may not require hearing aids but does affect the quality of the sounds you and I hear now after all that noise we endured before at least I was bright enough to start wearing hearing protection at rock concerts for example, so even the best set of headphones will be a waste on me, my hearing is damaged from all those years of noise to the point that I no longer hear all the things most people hear, well the different areas of the hearing range anyway as I have lost some of the hearing in certain ranges, I learned from all the tests I had over the years.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock