New home audio speakers! by can machine
Started on: 10-20-2013 08:49 AM
Replies: 22 (514 views)
Last post by: can machine on 03-29-2014 09:59 PM
can machine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just under two weeks till we release these amazing new home audio speakers.
The teaser site is now up. It's been a long busy summer getting the working prototypes ready for the Taves show in Toronto next month.These were developed and made in Ottawa, Ontario. They have been my bosses vision for over ten years. They sound fantastic.

Muraudio Omni-directional Electrostatic Speakers.
http://www.muraudio.com/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting design.

The Acoustat speakers from the early 80's sounded good, but a bit brittle on cymbals.

Can I get them in woodgrain?

can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Interesting design.

The Acoustat speakers from the early 80's sounded good, but a bit brittle on cymbals.

Can I get them in woodgrain?

These fix the main problem with traditional electrotats a very small sweet spot. The panels are curved in two directions, not flat or curved in one direction. Three panels make up the top of each speaker for 360 degree coverage, so no matter where in the room you are they sound the same.

Woodgrain would look perty sweet. Not sure that will be an option. They will be offered in a bunch of colors still to be determined.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a fan, sorry I like the older Klipsh Cornwall's, they were huge, they were heavy and they were the best sounding speakers I have ever heard. The base was incredible and they even sounded good with the highs but they were way to big and the wife hated moving them every time she cleaned so with money being short at the time we sold them. if I ever buy another set of speakers it will be them and I will put wheels on them.

I wouldn't mind listening to these though, I am always open to new ideas, are they being sold here and if so where in Maine can I listen to them?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I wouldn't mind listening to these though, I am always open to new ideas, are they being sold here and if so where in Maine can I listen to them?

Steve

Not sure what the weight of these are, but moving them will be a two person job. They stand about 4 feet tall. The base is cast aluminum and the top I machined out of a solid piece of 6061 aluminum.

They have amps built in so you just plug them into a 110V outlet and you can input anything even a I-phone to run them.

Not sure how they will be sold or distributed yet. To early to tell.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by can machine:

These were developed and made in Ottawa, Ontario.

Good luck with the product launch.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!

I am a big fan of "old school" speakers. Big azz towers in the corners, instead of a sub and a bunch of little speakers all over the room.

Although these are certainly not old school, they appeal to me.
Any idea on specs and price point? (I'm guessing "way too rich for my blood", but I've gotta ask.)

Regardless... Best of luck!!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-20-2013).]

can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nice!

I am a big fan of "old school" speakers. Big azz towers in the corners, instead of a sub and a bunch of little speakers all over the room.

Although these are certainly not old school, they appeal to me.
Any idea on specs and price point? (I'm guessing "way too rich for my blood", but I've gotta ask.)

Regardless... Best of luck!!

Not sure of the final price. They will be a higher end speaker, since they are hand made and a lot of man hours to produce. The only thing similar on the market is $70,000, but they wont be near that.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MartinLogan - Theos 8" Floor Speaker (Each) - Gloss Black
Model: THEGBLD

400W peak power handling; 8" high-excursion aluminum woofer cone; 44" Xstat Curvilinear Line Source (CLS) electrostatic transducer; AirFrame technology; bi-wire 5-way binding posts
Customer Reviews: 5 of 5 5 of 5 (3 reviews)

Something like this perhaps?
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Di-poles.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on the launch of your new product. Probably out of my price range though.

I have Magneplanar electrostats as my main L/R front speakers in my 7.1 home theater. I've had them over 20 years.
Great dispersion in the room. They never seemed overly (sweet spot) directional to me. Like 'em!

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-24-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the booth at the show.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Specs

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by can machine (edited 11-20-2013).]

can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's promo video. Also we have a new passive speaker. Check out the updated website for more info. www.muradio.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkHQC8pz2H8

[This message has been edited by can machine (edited 03-29-2014).]

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Likely out of my reach, as well. Besides, wifey's mad enough for my new Atlantic Tech AT-1s and I'd say they're a darn sight smaller than these.

Have not had an opportunity to thoroughly audition a set of electrostats, but I haven't had enough juice to power them for a while, either. Used to have an Adcom GFA555 paired with a VanAlstine preamp, but now I have an Arcam integrated running the system.

Good luck. Always cheering for two channel!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by can machine: Check out the updated website for more info. www.muradio.com

Buy this domain

The domain muradio.com may be for sale by its owner!
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

[QUOTE]Buy this domain

The domain muradio.com may be for sale by its owner!
[/QUOTE]

Spell it correctly. www.muraudio.com
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick's Dad:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/103416.html#p12
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/103416.html#p12

Ummm... hmm?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ummm... hmm?

Maybe this will help.

I clicked the link he posted in this post.

Originally posted by can machine:

Here's promo video. Also we have a new passive speaker. Check out the updated website for more info. www.muradio.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkHQC8pz2H8

can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oooops! LOL

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only $58,000 - C'mon guys! Order now. (working guy like me has to save up a bit)
PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of the Wilson Whams of the late 70's. What the market will bare.
can machine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can machineSend a Private Message to can machineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Only $58,000 - C'mon guys! Order now. (working guy like me has to save up a bit)

LOL

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock