Started on: 07-23-2013 08:15 PM
Replies: 181 (3762 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 02-02-2015 08:01 PM
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just purchased this...

Got a sweet deal I couldn't pass up and PO delivered it! Needs a few things and tinkering. But we have had it running and it sounds pretty good.

Needs so far...

Throttle cable.

Brake cable.

Starter button and kill switch.

Carb to airbox tube.

Effing PO had the choke cable jerry rigged as a throttle cable! And no brakes! There was one of our beloved rodent friends chewing wires under the gas tank so were gonna have to get some schematics. Then we have to address the brakes. First I want to get the motor running correctly and see if I should invest in parts or not.

This is going to be a great fun project for my 13yr old son and I. We get this baby running and stopping right and we can tear the sand pits behind our house up. Should have seen the neighbors that all came out to gawk! Lol
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Throttle cable here on Ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mot...xp=mtr#ht_2156wt_808

Same cable here at JCWhitney
http://www.jcwhitney.com/th...lterid=d58628y1992j1

Same Motion Pro part # on both listings. 01-0807. I'm going to go with the JCWhitney part and use discount code parts4less. Should be same price as Ebay seller and JCW might have a better return/customer service policy. We shall see!

Can't wait to hit the sand pits out back!! If you Googlemaps, 71 Smithwheel rd OOB Me, you will see some BA sand pits right out our back door!! What a great opportunity to get my 13yr old son off the couch!!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-23-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats really cool, I wish I had a spot like that close to my house so I could own one. I wouldn't bank on JCW customer service, I had a bad experience ordering firewall insulation from them. Only took a month to arrive without any notification and by then I had opened a claim lol.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I googled it. Pretty cool Bro.

I knew you were a great father.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Wish I knew how to post the Googlemaps image... Sigh.

Just ordered the throttle cable and intake to breather box tube. $52 between Ebay and JCW for both. 3 to 5 days for both.

I've never purchased from JCW but how bad can they screw up a throttle cable? I will probably regret asking this huh?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quads are fun... I enjoy getting sideways. If I had somewhere to go and a way to get it there, I'd probably have one or a small dirt bike.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I'd probably have one or a small dirt bike.

Well that's just what Momma and I were talking about. She's glad I bought a quad instead of a dirt bike. Believe you me I had my eye on a sweet yz125. However that's not a good bike that we can all ride/learn on. I almost pulled the trigger on a local 250 also! Lol way to big for anyone other then myself. So I found something in the middle. Maybe after Momma and my son get stoked on wheeling and such a sweet dirt bike will find it's way here!

Then theres those China bikes and wheelers. Great probably for a few hours but I can't see one surviving a big kicker jump. Cheap crap they are flooding the market with is everywhere. You can get a brand new kids wheeler for around $800. Complete and utter junk though!!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope everyone doesn't mind but this is going to be my work log. Then maybe when the quads running it can also be my injury log

So I have the Throttle cable and intake tube ordered. $52 total for both parts.

I need to try and find out if this will fit this quad. Mine is a 92 and the advertisement says 99-02. They look exactly the same to me though. I just need to get a better look at the connector on my 92.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251...84.m1438.l2649#rpdId
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just like cars many years are exactly the same and then they change just one little thing, could be just the connector or direction the switch goes, I swapped the seat from my Mart Cart to my lawn tractor and found the safety switch in it was just the opposite so when you sat down it shut the motor off. anything can be made to work with a little Yankee ingenuity.

good luck

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I called Reynolds Motor Sports, our local Suzuki dealership and got some great answers. I been searching for a start, kill/run, hi-low beam assembly. Goes on the left handle bar. Found a couple on Ebay but I wasn't sure if they would fit. Suzuki wanted $114 for a new one and said there are only 4 left in the US. Suzuki part #37400. Well turns out they used the same part on several other models. So I found one from a LT160e on Ebay for $65 shipped. Four other people were watching it when I hit the buy it now option!! Same wiring, same connectors, should be a easy swap out on this part!!

So a few more parts left to aquire...

Parking brake cable, yes theres a parking brake. Probably could do without this part for now.

Chain guard, the small part that covers the front sprocket. Might be able to get away without this but could be dangerous.

Fuel line. Just a short piece to go from the fuel tank petcock to the carburetor. PO's short piece looks to NOT be gas resistant.

So far about $116 worth of parts purchased. Most importantly I want to get the throttle cable installed and see where the motors at. Come on big UPS man with my parts!!

Incidently I went out networking. Signed up with the Suzuki ATV Forums. Not a lot of activity there, guess they are all out riding.
http://www.suzukiatvforums.com/forums/
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
While I'm at it...

Here is where Fiefel had his cursed lunch. Stator to rectifier/regulator wiring. Three yellows that run from the stator behind the crankcase cover and up to the rectifier just below the handle bars.

ALL other wires are color coded but these three yellows. I'm wondering if this means either wire can go to either one. If you get my drift. It's these three wires that have me stumped. All the other wires are pretty straight forward. Any ideas??
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A link to a thread asking about if each stator wire needs to be specific over on the SuzukiATVForum.

http://www.suzukiatvforums....ed-fiefel-mouse.html

There is a poster there that replied (thankfully). Please take a second and read their reply. Let me know if you think this sounds right if you like. Sounds correct to me...

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well while I wait for the big UPS man I went scouting for more parts. Local pick and pull spot right up the road from us

The owners got a bad rep around town. Pretty much everyone I talk to says the same thing, "stay away from there". He did get me once for a trailer a bike to his shop, look at it, trailer it back and tell me he can't fix it. $75 for nothing. But I will give the guy a chance if he's got some parts I can use. Plus he was more then willing to talk with me about a few questions I had. I don't think the guy is that bad, I can only imagine how many people roll through expecting free help. Might have to hit him up for a rear rim.

PO's, no Dreaded PO's half arse attempt at bead sealer. See all the crap on the tire? I filled it up with air and hit it with some soapy water to find the leaks. Leaksss.

So I broke the bead off the rim and...

Pretty rough looking huh? So I hit it with a corded drill and wire wheel. Finally got my son off the effing couch to help out. It's better but still leaking. Might try to wire brush it some more then bead sealer. If that doesn't hold then I will be in the market for a new (used) rim.

Come on UPS with my new throttle cable!!!!!!!
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can get the tire all the way off the rim, put a couple of coats of hi-build sandable primer on it. the throw it on the bike, and spin it to sand it down smooth.

That might do the trick. Would it last better than bead sealer?
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

If you can get the tire all the way off the rim, put a couple of coats of hi-build sandable primer on it. the throw it on the bike, and spin it to sand it down smooth.

That might do the trick. Would it last better than bead sealer?

Hmm might work. If bead sealer won't hold it then I'm up for anything. Local parts store didn't carry bead sealer. I'm going to try other stores, maybe Napa.

UPS guy showed up with the new throttle cable and guess what?! Wrong part, not even remotely close. Wrong ends and way too long. I'm gonna go hit up the pick and pull and see if I can grab one there. I spotted like three of them while I was there. Might also be able to get a bundle deal for a wheel. Ship this JCshitney part back...

This quad is going to take a lot of work. I've got to get the electric starter working. My arms are killing me from the dang pull starter

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Well after much pulling on the pull starter cord, a few blisters, spaghetti arms, a lot of sweating and cursing, I decided to take another approach. So I pulled the broken starter button and kill switche, bypassed the kill switch and touch the two wires to the starter button together. Put my battery charger on and walla! The starter turns and we had it chug chug chugging and trying to start.

I tried charging the battery all afternoon and the best I could get out of it was 5.6v dc. So off to Wally world for a new battery...

Add another $60 to the tab...WTH did I buy a boat here? Shoulda seen the look on my boy Caleb's face when she tried to turn over and start! Worth every penny.

Now to wait for the new battery setup procedure. Filling electrolyte, let sit for 30mins and then 2hrs. of charging!!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Pretty rough looking huh? So I hit it with a corded drill and wire wheel. Finally got my son off the effing couch to help out. It's better but still leaking. Might try to wire brush it some more then bead sealer. If that doesn't hold then I will be in the market for a new (used) rim.

Can you use a tube? My lawn mower has some good sized tires on the back and when the rims started leaking the PO put tubes in them.
Havent had any issues with them.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Can you use a tube? My lawn mower has some good sized tires on the back and when the rims started leaking the PO put tubes in them.
Havent had any issues with them.

Great question/idea. I was looking through the JCwhitney catalog that came with the WRONG part and they show a ATV inner tube. That is definitely an option. TYVM for that tidbit!!

I found another dreaded PO issue...He lost the little doohickey that goes on the end of the choke cable. The repair manual that I downloaded refers to it as the starter choke plunger. I've got a line in the water so to speak over in the Suzuki ATV forum. There is a user there that thinks they may have one. None of the carb rebuild kits come with one.

Here is a link to that forum. BTW I did a shameless plug there for PFF
http://www.suzukiatvforums....ed-fiefel-mouse.html

TYVM for any and all suggestions, ideas, tips and the like. I'm all ears/eyes. Hope everyone has a great day!!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Item #5 seen here...Dreaded PO!!
http://www.bikebandit.com/1.../o/m139313#sch243524

Should be able to rape one of the above at the ATV pick and pull Monday! Grab a throttle cable and a carb rebuild kit while I'm there. Maybe just grab a whole carb for parts.

This makes it all worth it!

A little back story. Caleb has lived with me since he was 1 1/2 years old. Sole court ordered custody. His mother chose another path for herself, hasn't been seen in IIRC 5 years. Last time she stopped by unannounced it took months to get him back emotionally. So me and my little buddy have toughed it out. Potty training, binkies, kindergarten all of it, him and I. It hasn't been easy for either of us but I wouldn't change it for the universe! He is the best kid ever! I know, everyone says that about their kids but Caleb is great!! I can count on him any day!!

So this ones for you Caleb!!

edit to add...Oh yeah, sorry I got side tracked..She runs she runs!! High fives all around!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-28-2013).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woo-who! Progress!

Caleb and I spent this am working on the rear brake lever, right foot control. It was seized pretty bad, wouldn't budge. Lots of heat, BFH and PB and the rear brakes work now! We now have brakes, kinda...

Went to the pick and pull and scored! Throttle cable (the correct one) and the missing carb plunger.

Well turns out the carb plunger was still there. Just busted and stuck down this hole.

So I was really freaking out. About to go and explain to the missus why we need a new carb. Well I figured WTH lemme try something. Took the smallest drill bit I had and drilled a guide hole, then ran a self tapping screw into that hole. Then shot some carb cleaner in there and left. Came back an hour later and pulled and pried and pop! Came right out. PSHEW!!

Plus the carb to air cleaner box tube came in the mail today. This thing wants to run, its so close now. Maybe it's time to order that carb rebuild kit. Also going to need a brake master rebuild kit for the front brakes.

Getting close! So close it might be time to start looking for some riding gear for the kid. I hate to think about buying $200 riding boots for a kid that's going to out grow then in a year! Maybe stuff some newspaper in the toes?

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-29-2013).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the panels off, now is the perfect time for you to get a nice custom paint job
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

With all the panels off, now is the perfect time for you to get a nice custom paint job

I know!! I was even gonna ask you folks what you all thought of those powder coat hand held guns. Summit has a couple IIRC. Any good? Could powder coating be that simple?

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woo-who!!! Click pic for vid!

She runs mint now! $2.50 bottle of carb cleaner from Napa. That's all it took. I did some extensive testing

Did throw the chain doing test doughnuts in the sand. Got it back on though pretty easily. That needs addressing. The front brakes need addressing still. She flies though and is a blast. Great trails out back! Tomorrow is Caleb's first coaching/ride. Well just putt around. Guess he has much to learn.

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-30-2013).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know!! I was even gonna ask you folks what you all thought of those powder coat hand held guns. Summit has a couple IIRC. Any good? Could powder coating be that simple?

Yes. An inexpensive gun kit from Harbor Freight or Summit and an electric oven.
http://www.harborfreight.co.../result?q=powdercoat

Just make sure it is a junk oven because you will not be able to safely use it for food anymore. I believe it is 400 degrees for 20 minutes but it depends on the manufacturer.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Yes. An inexpensive gun kit from Harbor Freight or Summit and an electric oven.
http://www.harborfreight.co.../result?q=powdercoat

Just make sure it is a junk oven because you will not be able to safely use it for food anymore. I believe it is 400 degrees for 20 minutes but it depends on the manufacturer.

Yea I been watching Youtube vids and now I know everything, kidding. Guy built a wooden box and made his own little booth complete with vent fan in back. Charge the part and off you go! Buy an old oven that reaches 415 degrees. Some say 400 degrees.

Is air needed? Thought I saw that somewhere.

Anyway for pretty short change one could be powder coating at home. That powders not cheap though. I wonder how far it would go. Say a gallon.

I could powder coat my whole Fiero!

Edit to add.....

I'm ready dad!!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-31-2013).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caleb's first ever ATV ride!!

So Caleb's first ever ATV ride. First ever shifting and controlling. So I said just stay here in this big open area and get used to shifting and learning when to. So he hops on, fires it up and immediately rides off into the sunset! Lol he took right off all the way to the other end of the pit! Can't say I blame him!

We still have lots to do with the quad. Unbelievably got lucky with the flat rear tire. Just pumped it to around 15lbs and let it leak slowly over and over and now the beads holding! Got some squeaking from the rear axle bearing. Lots of work to do still.

Mission complete!! I have successfully gotten Caleb off the couch!!

------------------

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats cool, hey Caleb! Get out and ride.

The wheelers I've had, usually theres a rear tire that needs aired up before riding. Sometimes the only reason it starts leaking is it sits too long between rides. And dirt/grass in the bead.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats cool, hey Caleb! Get out and ride.

The wheelers I've had, usually theres a rear tire that needs aired up before riding. Sometimes the only reason it starts leaking is it sits too long between rides. And dirt/grass in the bead.

Right?! He was out there for about two hours. Now he's knocked out on the living room carpet in the ac. Sleeping like a little baby kitten.

YES!! My Jedi mind trick worked.

Edit to add...TY for letting me share this with you all!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!!

So Caleb takes off this am into the pits out back. I can hear the quad from the back yard pretty good as long as he's not way at the other end of the pit. So I'm standing there listening and I don't hear the quad. So I start walking down to the other end. Well around a corner comes Caleb on foot....

Caleb what happened? It wont start dad, it stalled on the hill after I went through the creek.

Hmmm, ok lets walk down and see. Wheres the key? It's in the ignition dad. Well Caleb you better run your azz back over there before someone rides off with it.

By the time I got there he was real upset...Caleb whats wrong? I broke it already dad.

As soon as I looked up the hill and spotted the quad I knew what was wrong. He forgot to put it in neutral when starting.

So I jumped on it, fired it up, crossed back through the creek and made him walk back. Well I only made him walk a little ways, he was pretty upset. Tough way to learn but good lesson.

He's standing here now, helmet in hand. Lets go dad! Lol guess we off for more fun!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That one may be old enough to not have this, but also make sure he knows the kill switch is set to "run". I'm sure we've all learned that lesson too.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That one may be old enough to not have this, but also make sure he knows the kill switch is set to "run". I'm sure we've all learned that lesson too.

Yeah it has the kill switch. He knows that one. Hell I got beat by the neutral safety switch the other day on my buddy's boat. There we were drifting towards the rocks and it wouldn't start. My buddy looks up after pulling the motor cover and poking around and says, "Put it in neutral!". Started right up!

So yeah I agree, a lot of us have probably learned this lesson. It's just that moment of panic when you push to start and nothing. lol

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yea I been watching Youtube vids and now I know everything, kidding. Guy built a wooden box and made his own little booth complete with vent fan in back. Charge the part and off you go! Buy an old oven that reaches 415 degrees. Some say 400 degrees.

Is air needed? Thought I saw that somewhere.

Anyway for pretty short change one could be powder coating at home. That powders not cheap though. I wonder how far it would go. Say a gallon.

I could powder coat my whole Fiero!

Edit to add.....

I'm ready dad!!

You want an oven, I got one we just put a new oven element in before we bought our new one, just needs a power cord. full size house stove and oven, just come and get it. its been sitting in the shed for a while so it probably needs a good cleaning but if you want it, its your, like I said just come get it.

Steve

------------------

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

You want an oven, I got one we just put a new oven element in before we bought our new one, just needs a power cord. full size house stove and oven, just come and get it. its been sitting in the shed for a while so it probably needs a good cleaning but if you want it, its your, like I said just come get it.

Steve

Hmm. Might just take you up on that offer. Bit of a haul but nice ride.

I could turn our basement room into a paint shop. Just vent to the window. The powder coating kits are only like $120. Then powder.

Hmmm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah it has the kill switch. He knows that one. Hell I got beat by the neutral safety switch the other day on my buddy's boat. There we were drifting towards the rocks and it wouldn't start. My buddy looks up after pulling the motor cover and poking around and says, "Put it in neutral!". Started right up!

So yeah I agree, a lot of us have probably learned this lesson. It's just that moment of panic when you push to start and nothing. lol

Or on a sled pull pull pull pull pull, check the plugs, check the gas...oh wait its not on "run".
Or a bike kick kick kick kick kick, check the plugs, check the gas...oh wait its not on "run".
I must have bumped the switch.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Powder coating usually requires an oven to heat the powder. If you decide to paint instead,your probubly better off buying a can or two of high end automotive paint (pearl and metal flake,is an added bonus).
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or on a sled pull pull pull pull pull, check the plugs, check the gas...oh wait its not on "run".
Or a bike kick kick kick kick kick, check the plugs, check the gas...oh wait its not on "run".
I must have bumped the switch.

LMAO, my dang arms about to fall off!! Why wont this effing thing start?! It was just running! WTH!

It could happen to the best of us.

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

Powder coating usually requires an oven to heat the powder. If you decide to paint instead,your probubly better off buying a can or two of high end automotive paint (pearl and metal flake,is an added bonus).

Gotcha 007. I was actually contemplating getting setup to powder coat. Not just the quad either. Powder coat the whole world.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question about powder coating a plastic item.

if in needs to be electrically connected so to speak, plastic doesn't conduct electricity, I thought so just how would that work?

Or do not understand the process?

I do know when we used powder coat at GM in the 80s they were electrically bonded and went through the ovens after the paint was put on. problem was some moron used silicone to seal the ovens and we know that is a NO NO when you are painting anything to be near any type of silicone at anytime during the paint process anyway. so all those cars that went through those ovens had to be repainted again after the ovens were stripped of all the silicone. remember all the pink 80s Buick Regal's for Mary k. they were all powder coated pink at our factory and had to be stripped and repainted again after the oven seal material was changed. now I don't know who decided to use silicone for a sealant in paint ovens but who ever it was cost GM millions.

But like I said if you want the oven its yours just come get it, the ride is really beautiful even on the highway but once you get off the highway you will see why we are still here, it really is beautiful country up here.

Steve

------------------

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome project!

Just please, please be careful on hard surfaces with that solid rear axle...
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Awesome project!

Just please, please be careful on hard surfaces with that solid rear axle...

TY and good advice, our backyard is a sand pit so no hard pack for us.

Matter of fact just purchased these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261....l2649#ht_474wt_1086

Also need this very badly!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221...l2649#ht_3050wt_1086

Chain and sprocket set. Ours is stretched pretty bad and chafing/bent in one spot. We can maybe get by with it for a little, try bending it back. Probably the dang factory chain and sprockets on there still.

Fun stuff all around! Caleb just got back from a quick spin. Chores are getting done, attitudes are better, little sister is catching less grief. Couldn't be happier thus far! LOL

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock