Started on: 08-18-2012 08:39 PM
Replies: 13 (339 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-25-2014 10:07 AM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's made to install on a house and take a wide range of voltage from a Photovoltaic Array and convert it to 220V AC and feeds it back into the grid. Obviously you'd need a smart meter for this... It will NOT work stand alone - meaning it has to be grid-tied.

Looks like this:

But a lot more beat up. Not pretty, but it works. Cost $2000 new, but sell it for $500 + actual shipping. Keep in mind, this thing weighs probably 40+lbs.

Instruction manual: http://www.apricot.com/~cle...sal/SMA_SWR2500U.pdf

Will consider trades/offers! Otherwise it's off to ebay... Just hate the hassle.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the timing were just a bit better, I would be all over this.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give you $100 for it.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

It's made to install on a house and take a wide range of voltage from a Photovoltaic Array and convert it to 220V AC and feeds it back into the grid. Obviously you'd need a smart meter for this... It will NOT work stand alone - meaning it has to be grid-tied.

Looks like this:

But a lot more beat up. Not pretty, but it works. Cost $2000 new, but sell it for $500 + actual shipping. Keep in mind, this thing weighs probably 40+lbs.

Will consider trades/offers! Otherwise it's off to ebay... Just hate the hassle.

Might want to put it on a solar forum.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installation included?

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Installation included?

Local only? Sure... Otherwise + cost of airtravel and accommodations...
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why are you selling it?
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a big fan of your solar exploits. I wish we had the sun in Idaho that you have there. I recently got an offer for 58 cents a watt on solar panels. If I were still in California I would have been all over it and I would be buying your inverter in a heartbeat. Good luck with your project. Are you doing a self install? People like you are leaders and just what our country needs. Thank you for what you are doing.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like this:

So I have a smart meter on my house. All I need then is this and some solar panels with southern exposure? How much can one make off of selling electricity back to the electric company? How many panels would I need?

You would like my wife's parking lot at work. They made solar car ports to cover the entire parking lot with their ObamaCash. It's impressive.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:
Why are you selling it?

It was installed for about a week before Progress Energy came and said I needed a receipt for a new inverter or they wouldn't write me a rebate check. With $7500 being held over your head, you oblige.

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:
So I have a smart meter on my house. All I need then is this and some solar panels with southern exposure? How much can one make off of selling electricity back to the electric company? How many panels would I need?

You would like my wife's parking lot at work. They made solar car ports to cover the entire parking lot with their ObamaCash. It's impressive.

Here it's 11c/kwhr. I have ~2.6kw on the roof, 5 hours of sun a day. Works out to about $1.50/day. Not a lot. Sunelec's website seems to be down right now, otherwise I'd see what a solar panel runs these days... They have come down a LOT. Like <$1/watt.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ryan.hess

20784 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by dratts:

I'm a big fan of your solar exploits. I wish we had the sun in Idaho that you have there. I recently got an offer for 58 cents a watt on solar panels. If I were still in California I would have been all over it and I would be buying your inverter in a heartbeat. Good luck with your project. Are you doing a self install? People like you are leaders and just what our country needs. Thank you for what you are doing.

Thanks!

The solar panels are already installed, I put them up last year(?) I actually just checked and the system has produced 3.2 Megawatt-hours.
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks!

The solar panels are already installed, I put them up last year(?) I actually just checked and the system has produced 3.2 Megawatt-hours.

Another thread brought me here.

Doing some very quick math, that works out to around a grand a year in savings. Is that about right?

Brad
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Another thread brought me here.

Doing some very quick math, that works out to around a grand a year in savings. Is that about right?

Brad

Cool, so how much does a new instal cost. I have seen some from 20 ( no battery storage) to 35K (with battery storage).
At that cost you would need better than $1,000 a year savings to pay for the system within 20 years? At this point, why do it?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So your only selling the inverter, and not the roof photo cells array....?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock