Started on: 04-01-2012 05:58 PM
Replies: 12 (320 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 04-13-2014 07:09 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to an antique bike show in Phoenix today, and wanted to share some of the pics:
This Trump was absolutely beautiful

I remember when this Ducati was cutting-edge, exotic machinery

a couple of Indians

this Knuckle was a rider, not a show bike

BSA and BMW

On my way there, I saw a nice red Notchback on I-10 east that got off on the I-17 north ramp, I think it had Illinois plates. Was that anyone on here?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice lookin bikes

Did you get to see this thread, if you like old bikes...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/092036.html
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Nice lookin bikes

Did you get to see this thread, if you like old bikes...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/092036.html

Thank you, and yes that was a great thread. I had never heard of that guy, but that was a great story. In another life, I could have been just like him.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that old BMW. Something about them has always interested me.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Those and the Ducati's are my favs. Can someone answer a question for me though? I've heard the term "knucklehead" before when referring to Harley's, but what does that mean? Does it have to do with the shape of the head, or what?

Jim

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Can someone answer a question for me though? I've heard the term "knucklehead" before when referring to Harley's, but what does that mean? Does it have to do with the shape of the head, or what?

Jim

Yep the rocker covers supposedly look like a set of knuckles or a shovel for example. Panhead, Flathead, Knucklehead and Shovelhead...etc

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-03-2012).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Previously posted on PFF, my old '67 BMW R69S (my actual bike!) that I rediscovered several years ago, beautifully restored by a guy named Tucker Glavin:

Also previously posted, the story of my most memorable trip on that bike ... still my favorite of the five motorcycles I have owned: http://www.mcinnisusa.com/p...c/MotorcycleTrip.pdf. This story was also published, slightly edited, in two parts in the May and June 2010 editions of the newsletter of the BMW Club of Southern California.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 04-10-2014).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking bikes. Thanks, wg.

a couple of Indians

How do you know this guy is Indian?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Great looking bikes. Thanks, wg.

a couple of Indians

How do you know this guy is Indian?

My goodness Mike, I thought you had been around.

Obviously not. All the clues are there. The bike is an Indian and the guy in the trailer is from Cleveland...............

------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics from this year's show:

Some British iron. This Rickman-Metisse Royal Enfield was one of the most beautiful pieces of machinery I have ever seen

Velocette

Vincent

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19455 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Beemer

Indian Four

An interesting Flatty

A nice Pan

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19455 posts
Member since Mar 2009
and of course, some Shovels

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay