Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  DeLorean abandoned in a forrest!! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DeLorean abandoned in a forrest!! by DeLorean00
Started on: 10-17-2009 07:20 PM
Replies: 90 (33940 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 11-05-2015 11:23 AM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine found this DeLorean abandoned in a forest here in northern California. He learned about the car from local rumors, and after a lot of work he found it. Thought you guys would be interested in this.

I hope you enjoy!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there are hood grooves but no gas flap, there is a good 3" of crap on the car, the louvers were very heavily weighed down

interior looks nice, i found it funny there is a box that may have a car cover inside it. not much else in there, an aftermarket deck. the binnicle looks uncracked too

frame looks good too, there wasnt any room for me to stick my head down there, who know what lives under it

------------------

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 10-18-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to run the VIN and see if it is stolen.

Arn
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

You might want to run the VIN and see if it is stolen.

Arn

Yep already ran it. Not stolen, and my friend is trying to get ahold of the owners to buy the car. So far no luck. He has their names and contact info, through a unnamed law enforcement source.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I'll be more than happy to ( tow it ) take it off his hands if it becomes too much trouble
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be interesting to hear why they chose that exact spot to leave their car there.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I've found a indy in the forest. But a delorean? That's a nice find. Where about in cali did he find it?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

It would be interesting to hear why they chose that exact spot to leave their car there.

I agree. The car is on private property way out in the sticks. I believe there is a house somewhere on the other side of the property.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Ok. I've found a indy in the forest. But a delorean? That's a nice find. Where about in cali did he find it?

I am not exactly sure. But its within about 150 miles of Sacramento.

AJ7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember part of one of the back to the future movies similar to this
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJ7:

It was in BTTF III.

So are you saying we should not disturb it in case Marty needs to get back??

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 10-17-2009).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, Delorean00. Marty is happy where he is. Take it and work your magic on it. Keep us posted.
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope that your friend can purchase and restore it. Excellent find. Keep us posted.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aww, I know photoshop when I see it.
......................., j/k, .
Almost unbelievable. Close to it.
Why, why, would someone do that. I'd bet there was a woman involved, .
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Aww, I know photoshop when I see it.
......................., j/k, .
Almost unbelievable. Close to it.
Why, why, would someone do that. I'd bet there was a woman involved, .

I wish it was PS!!

And you are right, there was a woman involved. Its registered to a woman.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJ7:

I was kind of thinking the same thing... unless you plan on fixing it up a little bit and leaving it there, I would suggest you don't touch it. Anything you do might upset the future, or the past... not sure...

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1981 EZ-GO Xi875-A "Miami Dolphins" Medical Cart
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PUT IT BACK NOW! That's exactly where Marty and Doc Brown intended to leave it. You may have just screwed up the entire space time continuum.

Jim
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i expected this thread to be about someone leaving you in the forest for somereason... lol
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

i expected this thread to be about someone leaving you in the forest for somereason... lol

LMAO!!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is insane. What in the hell is it doing in the forest?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doc left it there for Marty. He should be by to get it in about 37 years.
Bradley Jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is cool.
PFF
System Bot
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I look at those pics and think.. WOW! any other car left out there like that would of been trying to become one with the earth again!! The only stuff that rusted is a non stainless stuff! LOL don't we all wish our Fieros were like that?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DjDraggin:

I look at those pics and think.. WOW! any other car left out there like that would of been trying to become one with the earth again!! The only stuff that rusted is a non stainless stuff! LOL don't we all wish our Fieros were like that?

The great part about this car is its totally saveable. If you gave me that car in one day I could have it looking new again. Give me a week and it would be totally road worthy. And I could do all this and a full service, complete all the updates, full detail, new tires, and new fuel system for under $5000.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by Wichita:

That is insane. What in the hell is it doing in the forest?

Its on private property, so the best guess is the owner of the property just needed a place to park it, so they randomly parked it in their forest. Seriously its in a totally random spot, not even a cleared area. It would take a full day with a chain saw to clear enough stuff to get the car out of there.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 10-18-2009).]

ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShockWave:

Its like the Dixie Square of DMC-12's!
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really reminds me of how I came about my 86 GT. A friend of mine said his buddy had this old Fiero he'd give free to a good home. Went out to have a look and there she was under a stand of pine trees with needles and bird poo all over her. A year of working on her part time and she was on the road again.

You'll likely find a good number of rodent nests inside that machine if you get it. Behind my tail lights the bay was stuffed full of mouse nests. Check for chewed through wiring as well.

Hope you get it!
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow... thats in such good shape... did your friend keep it?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-18-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

A friend of mine found this DeLorean abandoned in a forest here in northern California. He learned about the car from local rumors, and after a lot of work he found it. Thought you guys would be interested in this.

I hope you enjoy!!

donno how one can enjoy seeing a car like that which was treated that way

I do hope you and your friend save it.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see how the stainless looks????? hopefully stainless!! what are the odds of Delorean00 friend finding a Delorean??wierd
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
the pennies in the center counsel will help date when this was left. also whats up with the car cover box????????
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

the pennies in the center counsel will help date when this was left. also whats up with the car cover box????????

As would the license plate and inspection sticker , probably get it closer than 25 years.

Brad
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could it have been stolen and ditched years ago?

Edit: NM see you already mentioned that.

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 10-18-2009).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no, i ment find the last year pennie and assume that it was dumped within 2-3 years, at the most. also was there owner info in the glove box??? it did not say that in the thread????? I wanna CSI the scene. sounds fun. pack a lunch. make a day out of it. lucky west coasters have all the fun.

Edit: ohh.... that is a real CA licence plate?? thought it was vanity or dealer paper showroom plate. my bad. still like the penny idea
it would work on Law and Order. later-
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-18-2009).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So thats where i parked my car when i was drunk one night thanks for finding it.......... J/K
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder about critters nesting inside the car. That would be the biggest potential for damage, it seems.
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, way to go, DeLorean! when you found the car and touched it, the future skewed off, and now there is an alternate 2009. There is a woman knocking at my door wanting child support. I always wanted to stay single with no children. Thanks a lot, buddy!

I really hope that someone can save the car. I hate to see what is classified as an exotic sitting in the woods. One of the reasons that I got into Fieros, was seeing squirt sitting on a Buy Here Pay Here lot, and she looked so out of place along side the other cars. She just looked like she needed a loving home, so I gave her one. She will be taken care of as long as I am alive. She's not going anywhere.

Please keep us updated on what you find out. I would love to know also.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the shots. It is really like something from BTTF.

It kinda reminds me of a car we found up in the mountains near my place once. It was a mid 20s something. Hard to tell what make at the time, but it had a tree growing up through the middle of it. A very larg, very old tree. No track leading to or from it. I would love to know the story behind how it got there.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you find a yellow hasmat suit and an old walkman inside? If so, leave it.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Did you find a yellow hasmat suit and an old walkman inside? If so, leave it.

Thats my drunk outfit geese you guys are finding all my old stuff.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock