Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Obama watch (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Obama watch by fierobear
Started on: 01-28-2009 02:01 AM
Replies: 1051 (15608 views)
Last post by: avengador1 on 07-06-2014 05:04 PM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Remember Hitler's Aryan "supremacy" research...

IP: Logged

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

They will cap how much CO2 can be emitted by industry and power plants. I don't expect them to stop there, of course. I'd bet that cars and houses are next. What that means is that electricity costs will go WAY up, the cost of goods will go up because of the added expense to manufacture them, and even more manufacturing jobs will go overseas because the added costs will make our barely-competitive US made stuff too expensive to make here.

This is what will crash our economy for good if it happens.
martyj

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for martyjSend a Private Message to martyjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found this thread...

As the proud father of an Army Seargent currently serving his third tour in Iraq I get angry every time I hear people talking about how bad the previous president was and about how bad the war in Iraq is. Look at the facts...we haven't suffered another terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11. Ever wonder why that is? We're keeping them occupied over there! I believe it was Norman Swatzkoff that made the statement "In war, away games are always better". Why is it that everyone wants safety but no-one wants to pay the price? Sure, I hate to see our young men and women in harms way. I hurt every time I hear of yet another losing their life fighting these wars, and I pray every day that my son won't be asked to make the same sacrifice. It is unfortunate that freedom has a price but if it isn't paid we no longer have freedom and safety. There was a great generation that paid a huge price sixty-something years ago and we have been living off that installment for a long time. We've gotten spoiled, and now we don't want to pay up. Please don't think of me as a warmonger. As I said before, I hate seeing our young men and women pay the price. I hurt for each of them, and honor those that serve.

So it makes me angry to think that our newly-elected is so readily undermining those institutions that have been keping us safe these years. So what if wee keep Al Quaeda operatives locked up on some island for the rest of their lives? If they would abide by the Geneva conventions they would be afforded protection under those same agreements but since they don't...

Global warming? No, it's not proven. And many of those at the forefront of the deception (read "Al Gore") have stopped using the term "global warming" and now use the term "climate change" in it's place. It really irks me that they didn't recall big Al's Nobel prize when it was discovered how many scientific inaccuracies were in the movie that got him the prize in the first place.

Economic stimulus!?!?!? As a small business owner and employer, I'm scared. Yeah, times are tough but giving more money to the arts isn't the answer. Neither is choking small business with more regulations and taxes. I see where the whole package is topping the $900 billion mark now. Hmmm...where's all that money coming from?

Have I said enough to get a bad rep? I hope not, but I had to say something.

------------------
Yeah, that's right...2.5 liters of (stock) Iron Duke fury.
A.K.A. "the little Fiero that could"

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you'll fit in well.
Seems there isn't much argument on the other side of these topics here these days. They all left to go commune with their like minded folk and pretend everyone thinks that way.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Seems there isn't much argument on the other side of these topics here these days.

I'm not really looking to hear an argument in the sense of arguing. But I really have been waiting for some people to make the point that what the congress is doing is really worthwhile and is going to be effective and helpful.

Because during the campaign, I kept hearing people say, "We have to do SOMEthing." and "We need CHANGE."

I had said bad change is not better than doing nothing, and doing something bad isn't better than doing nothing or the same thing.

I'm not even hearing people say, "Yes, Obama is really bringing CHANGE like he talked about."

Is it because it has only been a couple of weeks? Because the start he has presented hasn't represented change in my mind. Trotting out the same old people from the Clinton years. Trotting out REAL tax cheats (not like the one lady who had like $900 of home help she didn't take care of. Big deal.)

I seriously keep waiting to hear from the group that Obama REALLY was going to bring change and be great. I'm not seeing it, but I'm willing to hear another viewpoint.
martyj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for martyjSend a Private Message to martyjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Change...hmmm...

You mean like nominating people with tax trouble to cabinet posts?

During the campaign there were a lot of questions raised about his ability to choose friends with good character. His supporters said it wasn't a problem...but it still is. I know if I failed to pay my taxes they'd come after me. Maybe that's because i'm not all sneaky and stuff...

------------------
Yeah, that's right...2.5 liters of (stock) Iron Duke fury.
A.K.A. "the little Fiero that could"

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They will cap how much CO2 can be emitted by industry and power plants. I don't expect them to stop there, of course. I'd bet that cars and houses are next. What that means is that electricity costs will go WAY up, the cost of goods will go up because of the added expense to manufacture them, and even more manufacturing jobs will go overseas because the added costs will make our barely-competitive US made stuff too expensive to make here.

Don't forget, if you excercise and breathe hard, you're exhaling more CO2. Exercise and physical exertion of any kind should be outlawed or taxed. You'll have to purchase carbon credits anytime you have to do anything more strenuous than picking up a remote control.
martyj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for martyjSend a Private Message to martyjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget methane gas. It's as much or more a problem as CO2.

Perhaps they'll put a tax on all the Mexican eateries as well.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Listening to a radio show an old guy called in (could tell by his voice) and said he thinks Obama has done more in the 2 weeks than Bush did in his whole "career". I assume he meant presidential terms. But I could not believe my ears. Sure Obama did some symbolic things on paper in front of a camera. Most of those things are now the subject of controversy as to how they aer going to be actually accomplished. It seems to be going as I thought, he does not have a clue what he is doing, and he is doing just to be doing. With a leader lilke that I hope he ends up with good advisors.
He is out there speaking on behalf all of us.

----------------------------------
Obama's charm offensive and the global jihad

...."Even more troubling is Obama's cluelessness about US-Muslim history.

"The same respect and partnership that America had with the Muslim world as recently as 20 or 30 years ago - there's no reason why we can't restore that," he said on Al-Arabiya.

Well, let's see. Twenty years ago, American hostages were being tortured by their Hezbollah captors in Beirut and hundreds of grief-stricken families were in mourning for their loved ones, murdered by Libyan terrorists as they flew home for Christmas on Pan Am Flight 103. Thirty years ago, the Ayatollah Khomeini seized power in Iran, proclaimed America "the Great Satan," and inspired his acolytes to storm the US embassy and hold scores of Americans hostage. Meanwhile, Islamist mobs were destroying US embassies in Pakistan and Libya, and staging anti-American riots in other countries.

Radical Islam's hatred of the United States is not a recent phenomenon, it has nothing to do with "respect," and it isn't going to be extinguished by sweet words - not even those of so sweet a speaker as our new president. Sooner or later, Obama must confront an implacable reality: The global jihad, like the Cold War, will end only when our enemies lose their will to fight - or when we do. Let us hope he's a quicker study than Jimmy Carter."

http://www.boston.com/bosto...ell_MostPop_Emailed4
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The other day I heard one of these wacos declare they were repairing the hole in the ozone.
Wow, now I can sleep at night not having to worry about dying from the forgotten hole.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 02-04-2009).]

FieroJam

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes and such a great idea when everyone seems dead set on making electric cars the norm for the future. Think it gets expensive filling your car with gas wait until its electricity.
PFF
System Bot
mcaanda

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummer, I thought you guys were talking about his cool Secret Service watch.

I kinda like it to be honest. Would make me feel like Walker Texas Ranger when wearing it.

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2009 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MordacP:
I thought texasfiero's comment was quite clever, i guess you didn't get it. oh well

Maybe you can explain it to me?
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2009 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

[/COLOR]

Made with Japanese movement.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Maybe you can explain it to me?

Let me explain it for you.

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Promise? Only one thread? That would be a big improvement over half the first page of T O/T being fascinated over such trivia. It wold definately make it easier to ignore this crap. Only one thread to avoid!

Your post was apparently a whine about political threads and your difficulty in avoiding them. There are thousands of people in this country who avoid talk radio, news papers, or political discussion of any kind. They just don't like to 'argue'.

Rather than engage in a discussion of the issues, they 'avoid' the issue. They apparently avoided the issues when they voted and elected the current band of thieves.

Your comment led me to believe that you too avoided the issues.

Originally posted by texasfiero:

Many people also avoided the issues when they voted!

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard today BO, who I now call AFLAC (A Fu__ing Lousy As_ Choice), signed a bill allowing illegal children access to health care.
Also threw out the part in the stimulus that required the infrastructure projects to use US made steel, didn't want to offend the rest of the world.
And the brilliant Pelosi who sad we will loose 500 million jobs, so the whole country will be out of work?
This clown has just begun his new world order.
The wheels are falling off the bus.
Time to print the IMPEACH OBAMA bumper stickers.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 02-04-2009).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

I heard today BO, who I now call AFLAC (A Fu__ing Lousy As_ Choice), signed a bill allowing illegal children access to health care.

That was in the same bill Bush vetoed and was called a bay hater for. By the way if you make under $65k a year your kid ban get "free" health care.... even though you can afford it.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:
Your post was apparently a whine about political threads and your difficulty in avoiding them. There are thousands of people in this country who avoid talk radio, news papers, or political discussion of any kind. They just don't like to 'argue'.

Whining? Wow. I guess I can tell where this is going to go. And there is a difference between "political threads" and posting every bit of trivia about a public figure. Just because someone is a politician that doesn't mean every discussion about them is "political discourse". Some of it is just plain tabloid journalism.

Rather than engage in a discussion of the issues, they 'avoid' the issue. They apparently avoided the issues when they voted and elected the current band of thieves.

I still don't see how you could come to this conclusion. People vote for a multitude of reasons. Everyone has their own agenda, and just because your particular agenda isn't currently getting catered to, that doesn't mean that people "avoided the issue" by not agreeing with you. The ones that truly want to "avoid the issue" could, and likely did, stay home on election day and make it a Blockbuster night. But it is easier for some to say that the majority who disagreed with you is somehow less intelligent or cogent of the issues, but that is nothing but a case of "sour grapes".

Your comment led me to believe that you too avoided the issues.

So you know whom I voted for? I bet you don't.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

That was in the same bill Bush vetoed and was called a bay hater for. By the way if you make under $65k a year your kid ban get "free" health care.... even though you can afford it.

You think the line was long on Tuesday when Dennys was giving away one free Grand Slam, just wait and see the line at the border for life long free health care.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

WOW, I was thinking that number should be if you make inder 25k per year if at all. WITHOUT the illegals thrown in there.
Next step we all get it government paid for, they decide who lives and dies.
We already have a shortage of healthcare workers. The lines will just get longer I guess!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-05-2009).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you know that the 600 million dollars worth of pork for federal cars in the stimu...pork bill will be great for the nation. Obama said so. He said that the reduction in fuel costs will save billions over the years and put people to work. How exactly is buying a car that get 25mpg instead of 23mpg going to save billions? Its not like the feds are driving around in 1971 carburetor big blocks.

And asking questions about wasteful spending is bickering according to the messiah. No plan is perfect he said. So Obama thinks that waste is ok.
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even the lady who he tasked to be labour secretary has tax issues. The one who is part of socialist movements and a union lobbyist.
4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/062757.html
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, who was arguing with me that Obama's order to close Guantanamo (additionally, he's ordered the trials stopped) won't allow dangerous prisoners to go free (or at least not get a trial)?

Remember The Cole

War On Terror: Charges against the mastermind behind the bombing of the USS Cole are dismissed. He will be retried, but not by a military commission that would have given him the death penalty he deserves.

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell announced on Thursday that Susan Crawford, the convening authority for military tribunals at Guantanamo, has made the decision to withdraw charges against Abd al-Rahim Hussain Mohammed al-Nashiri. This is the Saudi man believed to be the architect of the bombing of the guided missile destroyer USS Cole, killing 17 American sailors, as it sat in the Yemeni port of Aden.

The dismissal was politically necessary to clear the detainee docket at Guantanamo and facilitate the promised closing of the prisoner-of-war facility. The decision certainly pleases the ACLU, which argued that charges should be dropped altogether because he had been one of the three Gitmo detainees "tortured" by waterboarding.

The decision likely does not please the families of the Cole crew members who were killed. They met with President Obama on Friday. Family members of the 9/11 victims were also present.

The White House announced the president wanted "to talk with these families about resolving the issues involved with closing Guantanamo Bay while keeping the safety and security of the American people as his top priority."

Not so convinced is Kirk Lippold, the Cole's captain at the time of the attack. "It appears the Obama administration, without consideration for its immediate impact or long-term effects, will use a legal maneuver to prevent these detainees from being held accountable for their heinous acts," said Lippold, now retired. "The president must consider the impact of his policies on the military and their families who bear the burden of their sacrifice to protect our nation. To do any less demeans their service and sacrifice."

The rush to close Guantanamo hit a speed bump Jan. 29 when the chief military judge, Army Col. James Pohl, said the administration request to suspend proceedings against Guantanamo detainees and have al-Nashiri's hearing delayed was unreasonable. Pohl said his decision was necessary to protect "the public interest in a speedy trial."

The Gitmo trials came to a halt Jan. 21 after two other military judges granted the administration's request for a suspension. Obama's executive order keeping his campaign promise to close Guantanamo within a year was issued the following day.

In all, war crime charges are pending against 21 detainees. The administration asked for a 120-day suspension in proceedings against them while it considered whether to continue trying them before the current commissions, revamp them, send the detainees to foreign courts or have them tried in civilian courts.

Clearly the preference was not to try these detainees in a system created by President George W. Bush and Congress in 2006. In June, Air Force Brig. Gen. Thomas Hartmann said it was the military's intention to seek the death penalty against al-Nashiri.

The charges against him were dismissed "without prejudice," meaning they could be reissued at a future time. But trying this unrepentant jihadist in a civilian court with the ACLU at his side makes the death penalty, perhaps even a conviction, less likely.

Seventeen U.S sailors died on Oct. 12, 2000, when al-Qaida suicide bombers steered an explosive-laden boat into the Cole, blowing a huge hole in her side. The attack's mastermind should meet swift and certain justice regardless of whether water was poured down his nose. Otherwise, it's the families of those 17 sailors who are now being tortured.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
So Much For Magical Obama Mystery Tour

A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe." —President Obama, Feb. 4

Catastrophe, mind you. So much for the president who in his inaugural address two weeks earlier declared "we have chosen hope over fear." Until, that is, you need fear to pass a bill.

And so much for the promise to banish the money changers and influence peddlers from the temple. An ostentatious executive order banning lobbyists was immediately followed by the nomination of at least a dozen current or former lobbyists to high position.

Followed by a Treasury secretary who allegedly couldn't understand the payroll tax provisions in his 1040. Followed by Tom Daschle, who had to fall on his sword according to the new Washington rule that no Cabinet can have more than one tax delinquent.

The Daschle affair was more serious because his offense involved more than taxes. As Michael Kinsley once observed, in Washington the real scandal isn't what's illegal, but what's legal. Not paying taxes is one thing. But what made this case intolerable was the perfectly legal dealings that amassed Daschle $5.2 million in just two years.

He'd been getting $1 million per year from a law firm. But he's not a lawyer, or a registered lobbyist. You don't get paid this kind of money to instruct partners on the Senate markup process. You get it for picking up the phone and peddling influence.

At least Tim Geithner, the tax-challenged Treasury secretary, had been working for years as a humble international civil servant earning non-stratospheric wages. Daschle, who had made another cool million a year (plus chauffeur and Caddy) for unspecified services to a pal's private equity firm, represented everything Obama said he'd come to Washington to upend.

And yet more damaging to Obama's image than all the hypocrisies in the appointment process is his signature bill: the stimulus package. He inexplicably delegated the writing to Nancy Pelosi and the barons of the House. The product, which inevitably carries Obama's name, was not just bad, not just flawed, but a legislative abomination.

It's not just pages and pages of special-interest tax breaks, giveaways and protections, one of which would set off a ruinous Smoot-Hawley trade war. It's not just the waste, such as the $88.6 million for new construction for Milwaukee Public Schools, which, reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, have shrinking enrollment, 15 vacant schools and, quite logically, no plans for new construction.

It's the essential fraud of rushing through a bill in which the normal rules (committee hearings, finding revenue to pay for the programs) are suspended on the grounds that a national emergency requires an immediate job-creating stimulus — and then throwing into it hundreds of billions that have nothing to do with stimulus, that Congress' own budget office says won't be spent until 2011 and beyond, and that are little more than the back-scratching, special-interest, lobby-driven parochialism that Obama came to Washington to abolish. He said.

Not just to abolish but to create something new — a new politics where the moneyed pork-barreling and corrupt logrolling of the past would give way to a bottom-up, grass-roots participatory democracy. That is what made Obama so dazzling and new. Turns out the "fierce urgency of now" includes $150 million for livestock insurance.

The Age of Obama begins with perhaps the greatest frenzy of old-politics influence peddling ever seen in Washington. By the time the stimulus bill reached the Senate, reports the Wall Street Journal, pharmaceutical and high-tech companies were lobbying furiously for a new plan to repatriate overseas profits that would yield major tax savings.

California wine growers and Florida citrus producers were fighting to change a single phrase in one provision. Substituting "planted" for "ready to market" would mean a windfall garnered from a new "bonus depreciation" incentive.

After Obama's miraculous 2008 presidential campaign, it was clear that at some point the magical mystery tour would have to end. The nation would rub its eyes and begin to emerge from its reverie. The hallucinatory Obama would give way to the mere mortal. The great ethical transformations promised would be seen as a fairy tale that all presidents tell — and that this president told better than anyone.

I thought the awakening would take six months. It took 2 1/2 weeks.

==========================================================

(emphasis added)

hee hee hee
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1440 days to go.
http://obamaclock.org/

In other news today, Obama made good on "paying back" the American people for their overwhelming support during the election by sending out 2.1 Million "Yes We Can" openers to lucky recipients nationwide.

The rare and highly sought after Obama Action Figure was given to only the highest ranking party officials.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 02-09-2009).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mcaanda

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

1439 till re-election

Fixed.

Sorry - it was the first thing that I thought of when I saw it and just had to.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Fixed.

Sorry - it was the first thing that I thought of when I saw it and just had to.

We'll see if you still feel that way in 1439 days. Or even next week.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yet another example of how out of touch with REALITY Obama is.

I didn't catch the exact wording because I was reading it off the tv as I was walking on the treadmill at the YMCA.

But Obama was talking about businesses, and how he knew the main concern a business would have in deciding whether to start a business in Elkart, Indiana was "how is the education system." Or something to that effect.

No. Really. He actually SAID that.

If he is THAT out of touch with the realities of business and decision making in location, he is beyond hope.

But, then, what did you people expect from a community organizer. He has never been a CREATOR. A BUILDER. All he knows of the world is EDUCATION and income redistribution. That's it. That is his total life experience.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by martyj:

I just found this thread...

As the proud father of an Army Seargent currently serving his third tour in Iraq I get angry every time I hear people talking about how bad the previous president was and about how bad the war in Iraq is. Look at the facts...we haven't suffered another terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11. .....

yes...glad they finally did something about all them attacks....I remember them from when I was a kid...terrifying. and all thru school. never knew if I would make it home again.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
All he knows of the world is EDUCATION and income redistribution. That's it. That is his total life experience.

Hey, 'lobe. You're from Milwaukee, can you give us the local angle on this (from the article I posted above)?

"It's not just the waste, such as the $88.6 million for new construction for Milwaukee Public Schools, which, reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, have shrinking enrollment, 15 vacant schools and, quite logically, no plans for new construction."

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 02-10-2009).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
A certain president-elect ran on a platform of "change." Stuart Shepard considers how it's going so far.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Milwaukee Public School systems had spent a TON of money over the past 5 years building schools they just HAD to have. Only to "suddenly" this year have way too much capacity and have spent the past year "mothballing" unused facilities.

Tens of millions of dollars spent on buildings, and now millions spent this year on closing down facilities. FIFTEEN schools shut down and not being used.

But Obama says we need to "invest in our infrastructure". So his "stimulus package" has $88.6 million earmarked specifically for Milwaukee Public Schools for NEW CONSTRUCTION.

Number 1. Why would you entrust ANY money to a system SO INEPT that at the end of their building campaign, the first thing they do is shutter FIFTEEN schools?

Number 2. Why would a federal government give almost 90 MILLION DOLLARS for new construction to a system that already has 15 shuttered schools? What does that tell you about that kind of a government?

Number 3. Do you think the school system is not going to take the money because they so obviously don't need it?

Number 4. What in the world kind of needless, wasteful things can your imagination conjure up that this will be spent on?

Number 5. How do you think the taxpayers in Milwaukee feel about having their MPS tax levy go up FIFTEEN PERCENT this year alone to help pay for the construction of the 15 shuttered schools?

So when you hear Obama talking about "this isn't a PERFECT plan"...

OK. Nobody was actually expecting PERFECTION.

On the other hand, we also weren't expecting THIS level of BLATANT INCOMPETENCE.

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, the school system has BIG problems - but Money is NOT one of them.

they are hindered by structure & lawyers

and, there is also the problem of the kids of single moms.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wait until he turns his eye from the economy to international relations.
martyj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for martyjSend a Private Message to martyjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yes...glad they finally did something about all them attacks....I remember them from when I was a kid...terrifying. and all thru school. never knew if I would make it home again.

I know, I know...the only Al Quaeda sponsored attack on American soil was when they tried to blow up the WTC from the basement in '93. Be real though. Do a search on terrorist attacks against American targets and you will see that before we took out Saddam they were hitting us all over the globe. Now their attacks are mainly in Iraq and Afganistan. And do you really think that they would have stopped with what they did on 9/11? That one served as a real confidence booster to Al Quaeda. It was like "See how easy that was? Let's do it some more!". If we hadn't been keeping them wrapped up in Iraq and Afganistan they would be hitting us left and right. At least we have defined the battlefield, and they have to meet us on our terms. As I stated before, I have a son serving in Iraq right now and I constantly pray for his safety, but it's much, much better that the terrorists meet their end trying to face off against our military than taking a few dozen innocent civilians with them whenever they get an itch to become a martyr.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

The rare and highly sought after Obama Action Figure was given to only the highest ranking party officials.

Heh, on the bottom it says "choke hazard".
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yes, the school system has BIG problems - but Money is NOT one of them.

It is THE problem, according to the current President.

What does it say about him if he can be THAT wrong about so fundamental an issue?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Heh, on the bottom it says "choke hazard".

If the stock market is a judge, it's already happening! (down over 300 right now, after the latest Obama plan was announced)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock