Replies: 12 (242 views)
Last post by: PhatMax on 09-07-2023 03:48 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2023 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, this is very, very, very experimental. Also, this new feature only works in the TD&Q section.

Whenever you post a new topic in the TD&Q section, the system automatically adds an AI generated answer. It will only do this once. So you can respond to it, but it will not answer back.

Also, be aware of the following points:

• The answers given by the AI Bot can be incomplete, incorrect or even completely fabricated. Like I said, this is very experimental
  • Although the AI "understands" that all questions are related to the Pontiac Fiero, it might give a very generic answer which might not apply to the Fiero at all
  • The AI bot can not "see" images. So if you ask to identify a part on an image. It will probably tell you that it needs more information (which you can't give since it will only respond once in a thread), or give some weird answer
  • Did I mention that the answers given can be incomplete, incorrect or even completely fabricated?

I understand that everybody is now very curious to see it working and wants to post a question in TD&Q. And since I understand, I'll allow it for a while. I will however delete those threads after a while because I don't want TD&Q cluttered with test questions, causing the real questions to get buried.

Also, please be aware that this is not a free service for me. Every question answered by the AI Bot costs me real money. It isn't much, we're talking parts of a dollar cent per question, but it can add up really quickly if the questions or answers get elaborate.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed this, this morning. (Surprise!)
But all the bot did was quote my original post, verbatim, with additional spacing between phrases. (I did edit my original post, just a bit, for clarity. I'm guessing the bot wont't pick that up. But it was only a minor detail/clarification, so no big.)

At least it didn't seem as "rambling" as my original post did.

If it was supposed to provide a possible solution, it seems I "stumped it".
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, like I said, it's very, very experimental. If it turns out AI doesn't really offer helpful answer, I can just as easy disable it again.

I had test it with a few existing threads in TD&Q and it gave good, sensible answers. But that of course says nothing. It could very well be that those were the exceptions.
sdgdf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdgdfSend a Private Message to sdgdfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you could feed the entire PFF archive to ChatGPT this could be really cool. Does the response have to be in a link though?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sdgdf:

If you could feed the entire PFF archive to ChatGPT this could be really cool.

Heh... I didn't even think about that.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sdgdf:

If you could feed the entire PFF archive to ChatGPT this could be really cool. Does the response have to be in a link though?

That is my plan eventually. Train it with all the threads on PFF. And I made the response inside a link because it sometimes gives very long-winded answers.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11618 posts
Member since Jan 99
Oh I see that it's just repeating the question now. I think that's a mistake on my side. Let me have a look at that.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff!
I'm watching. Maybe this will eliminate all the "did you do a search?" responses. Since the AI will have already done the searching.

Now... if you can just get it to filter out the wrong answers that people have given, over the years. (Am I failing to understand? AI is uncharted territory for me.
Although some people might suggest that even regular "I" is a stretch, in my case. )

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-03-2023).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, that is exactly the problem... I can train it with all data on PFF, but it will "learn" the wrong answers too.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11618 posts
Member since Jan 99
But right now this is just an experiment. I changed the model to GPT-4 now to see if it gives better answers. But GPT-4 is almost 20x more expensive than GPT-3.5. So I'm keeping a close eye on the costs. If it gets out of hand, I'll have no choice than to revert back to GPT-3.5. And if it turns out GPT-3.5 just continuously gives wrong answers, I'll unfortunately have to disable it again.

The reason I wanted this, is because often people are stuck on a project and need an answer fast. The PFF AI Bot will give an immediate answer and although it might not be 100% correct, it can give the asker some ideas how to continue.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2023 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stopped the experiment since apparently some people do not appreciate the fact I'm trying to create a helpful addition to the forum and call it "AI crap" from the get go.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2023 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, now that more of us (including myself) know what the PFF AI Bot is all about, it would be great to have the experiment cranked up again. Please consider the earlier mishaps just a hiccup along the way.
PhatMax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2023 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it’s pretty cool. The AI bots responses seem to be pretty accurate….at least the ones I’ve read.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock