Replies: 7 (288 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 04-06-2012 10:36 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this moment (Friday, April 6th 2012, 9:00am), fiero.nl is unreachable due to a problem with the DNS server. I've called my ISP and they have no idea how long it's going to take to resolve the problems. In the mean time, if you are reading this then either your DNS entries are cached (and you are still able to reach fiero.nl) or you have come here through fiero.com instead. I've temporarily rerouted fiero.com to fiero.nl (normally, fiero.com is redirected to fiero.nl. The difference is that fiero.com now behaves as if it was fiero.nl, while usually you are just being forwarded to fiero.nl).
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
WBailey1041

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

At this moment (Friday, April 6th 2012, 9:00am), fiero.nl is unreachable due to a problem with the DNS server. I've called my ISP and they have no idea how long it's going to take to resolve the problems. In the mean time, if you are reading this then either your DNS entries are cached (and you are still able to reach fiero.nl) or you have come here through fiero.com instead. I've temporarily rerouted fiero.com to fiero.nl (normally, fiero.com is redirected to fiero.nl. The difference is that fiero.com now behaves as if it was fiero.nl, while usually you are just being forwarded to fiero.nl).

Good work I was in the beginning stages of withdrawl.
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DNS back working at 11:26 EDT. It had been out for at least an hour. The problem was that DNS for the we-dare.net servers was not responding, so they in turn were not providing DNS service for fiero.nl. (i.e. nslookup or dig for ns1.we-dare.net, etc., did not return an IP address but timed out instead.) I didn't try to troubleshoot beyond that.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 04-06-2012).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems like the problems have been solved. Thank you for your patience.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
withdrawal was setting in... thanks for fixing so quick!!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cart before the horse. I couldn't read the fix, because of the problem :P

Very glad to see DNS is back up!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad it wasn't just me! I was trying to think of somebody to contact to see who "broke" the forum!

Good to see it back up and running.

HAGO!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed after I emailed you that it was struggling to its feet.

Thanks again!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock