Replies: 19 (408 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 12-31-2003 04:55 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you read this, you have made it to the new server! As far as I can tell, everything is up and running and working flawlessly (so far). Let's keep our fingers crossed it will stay that way.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to be working!! Thanks Cliff!
John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its working great for me! Nice and fast too!! Congrats on what looks like a really smooth transition Cliff! Keep up the nice work!
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, no downtime at all!!!

Cliff, you're the man!!!

Thanks again

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow - I don't know if it's your new server or something else, but the forum is way faster for me today! Thanks Cliff

BTW: I've noticed that the forum-selector no longer appears in the Private message screen... is this intentional?

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didnt even realized you switched already. Its faster for me too. Thanks Cliff!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, so far it looks like the new server is doing great. No slow-downs whatsoever (and it looks like the page views isn't slowing the server down either).
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I caught the forewarned message this morning and just made the attempt. Seems to be fine Cliff.
I would also like to contriubte to the cause but no longer use pay-pal. E-mail me your mailing address and I will do my part and say thanks to the extra time and effort that you spend on the Forum. Thanks Cliff!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool! Thank you, sir!
PFF
System Bot
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that it was indead faster on the old server. The new server seems to load slower than the old. Is this because of the "views"?
Cliff, you really knock yourself out for us here, thought you should get an honest answer. BTW, I have 500 speed Wide Open West cable here, Detroit area, every other site else is fairly fast.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff! Workin great here.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2003 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new server working great! Has anyone else noticed that now when you post to a multi-page thread it takes you to the last page? Awesome!!!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2003 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

The new server seems to load slower than the old. Is this because of the "views"?

The new server is much, much faster than the old, but I noticed a small slowdown yesterday too when there where around 80 people browsing the forum. This is not because of bandwidth or a slow server, but because I still need to fine-tune the webserver a bit. I know what was causing it so it should be solved by tonight.

Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2003 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Where is the 'Hop To' link on the private message page?
I notice that it is not present.

Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2003 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indiana_resto_guy

7158 posts
Member since Jul 2000
OOPS!

[This message has been edited by Indiana_resto_guy (edited 12-30-2003).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2003 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you Santa Claus?
Is this server physically in the same room as the old one? I believe you once posted a pic.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Is this server physically in the same room as the old one?

No, it's not even in the same city.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock