Replies: 18 (40 views)
Last post by: FieroLT1 on 01-15-2003 07:34 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you may have noticed, the server crashed again last night, around 2am EST. Since it was the third time in 24 hours, I had the server picked up so I could start replacing hardware (I suspected bad memory). So after working for about 11 hours in a row (haven't even eaten anything yet today), the server is back up. I didn't replace the memory only, but the hard disk, the processor and the video card as well. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

If it does crash again, then I really have no clue what can be wrong, or how to solve it other than to completely replace the server for another. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
starfighter007@msn.com

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starfighter007@msn.comSend a Private Message to starfighter007@msn.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff hope every thing will work out now.
Webmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WebmasterClick Here to visit Webmaster's HomePageSend a Private Message to WebmasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We do appreciate all your hard work and devotion.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Cliff. While I appreciate your dedication, come on, man, take a break for lunch!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff!
We appreciate all you do!
Get something to eat and grab a snooze, if you can.

Would now be a good time to mention that the clock seems to be an hour fast?

Raydar

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Would now be a good time to mention that the clock seems to be an hour fast?

Good call. I hadn't noticed that. I will reset it now.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey cliff, while the forum is the greatest, theres no need to kill yourself keeping it up. Fix stuff at your convenience. You have a life too. Id rather be without the forum for a few days than to know your busting your butt to fix it for 'US'. Its not like your making anything anyway. Thanks a bunch , Im sure from all of us.
White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post01-14-2003 03:26 PM   Send a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum being down is bad glad to see it back up.

------------------
Ray - FieroNews.com

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see everything is goin well. Visit CT.. Lunch is on me...
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, I agree with Roger. We love the forum but take care of yourself first!

Sour

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When the forum has been down for a while, this is what happens minutes after it's up again:

PFF
System Bot
BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Hey cliff, while the forum is the greatest, theres no need to kill yourself keeping it up. Fix stuff at your convenience. You have a life too. Id rather be without the forum for a few days than to know your busting your butt to fix it for 'US'. Its not like your making anything anyway. Thanks a bunch , Im sure from all of us.

I concur and respect you sirs.

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I agree!!!

SwissFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SwissFormulaSend a Private Message to SwissFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Respect.
Xantavar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XantavarSend a Private Message to XantavarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. You have given us a place to discuss our favorite hobby. It really is great to see someone with that much divotion.

Thank you again!

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff! Ditto to what Roger said above about not busting your butt!!!

Post address where donuts can be sent!

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2003 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yay! It's the next morning and it's still running! wOOOOOOOt!
FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2003 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
Know a little about servers myself.
Anything I can be of assistance with, let me know -K?

Thanks for all the work.
I know what that feels like.

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Fiero Formula LT1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
http://www.FieroLT1.com
Home of the Fiero LT1

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: