Replies: 19 (22 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 11-29-2002 04:05 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At exactly 7:00pm EST, the forum became unreacheable because the server failed to reset its network connection. Since local time was 1:00am, I wasn't able to do anything about it and I had to wait until the next morning.

Everything seems to be ok now.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. I wasn't able to have my evening PFF fix.
Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the last 2 years of viewing this forum I beleive this was the first time I have seen it down. That in itself shows what a wonderful job your doing keeping this place up. Keep up the good work.
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THanks for the update. I doubt anyone really is upset. Beggers can't be chosers.
Speedlogic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedlogicSend a Private Message to SpeedlogicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10-4 on that
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whew... and people were emailing ME with their questions!

i'm glad it's back up!

------------------
hoop
Red
'86 GT
5 speed
Borla Exhaust
Eibach's/Poly/Kyb's

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've only been on the Forum for about a month. Is there a pill or some sort of support group for when the server goes down? Cause I'm here to tell you that this site has REALLY become addictive. I didn't know what to do when I couldn't get on and read to my hearts content. Seriously...Glad it's back up and you can pride yourself on one fantastic site.

------------------
Jim
www.jkfiero.com

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Stuff happens. You can at least get some satisfaction in that there are a few of us that DO check the announcements to see what's up.

John Stricker

rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since local time was 1:00am, I wasn't able to do anything

What, you don't monitor that thing 24/7 ?! Shame on you

Xantavar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XantavarSend a Private Message to XantavarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad its back up...I almost had a heart attack when it came up as "Page Cannot be Displayed"

Good work with the forum!! Thanks for keeping us informed.

Xan

------------------
Not a owner...yet...
'91 Olds Calais 2.5L
WTB: 84-88 Coupe 2dr. 2.5

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JKFIERO:
I've only been on the Forum for about a month. Is there a pill or some sort of support group for when the server goes down? Cause I'm here to tell you that this site has REALLY become addictive. I didn't know what to do when I couldn't get on and read to my hearts content.

Since you're new, we can help . It is very important to stay away from coffee and other liquids high in caffeine. If liquid refreshment becomes necessary, stick light beer (less filling) since you'll probably want to consume large quantities. Most important though, is to keep hitting the refresh key, call your ISP help desk, reformat your harddrive, *did I miss anything ?*

Cliff, glad to hear is wasn't a major problem!!

PFF
System Bot
GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost CRIED when I couldn't get my PFF fix! I started emailing everyone.........LOL!

Hi, my name is Phil and I'm a PFF junkie....
LOL.

Phil

------------------
GTDude
OVER 25 years GM experience

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2002 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You the man Cliff.... you the man.
BTW I love my PFF key chain, was that your concept?
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, I just figured that you gave the hamster, that spins the wheel, that runs the generator, that powers the server, the night off. After all, the little guy has to have been running 24/7 for quite a while now.

Seriously, you do a fantastic job of keeping this site up, and keeping us junkies supplied with our "fix". Thanks for all you do...even though we don't always say it, it's GREATLY appreciated! If a glitch happens once in a while...it happens. Even YOU need a little time to sleep once in a while..

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe we should form a pff support group... because I felt the same as you GT.. i kept hitting the reload button in hopes it was only a dream =).
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must...get...on...forum...need...Pennock...fix...where...is..forum... AAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Seriously, I was wondering what was going on.

------------------

JMergen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMergenSend a Private Message to JMergenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haagster:

Since you're new, we can help . It is very important to stay away from coffee and other liquids high in caffeine. If liquid refreshment becomes necessary, stick light beer (less filling) since you'll probably want to consume large quantities. Most important though, is to keep hitting the refresh key, call your ISP help desk, reformat your harddrive, *did I miss anything ?*

Cliff, glad to hear is wasn't a major problem!!

You missed one thing: Go to the verry top of the page and click on GET PFF ON CD. Every member should have at least two copies for times such as theese.

MAFOA [JLG]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA [JLG]Click Here to visit MAFOA [JLG]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA [JLG]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank goodness it's back!

wingman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2002 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now that i know what happened with it being down,the crying has stopped :+)
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2002 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hit reload probably 100 times Im okay now though, whew what a night

------------------

1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
(15.57 @ 87mph)
1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4L
(15.56 @ 84mph)
My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page