Started on: 11-04-2002 04:06 AM
Replies: 64 (72 views)
Last post by: TBK on 11-29-2002 02:24 PM
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2002 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to add my kudos to everyone else's, Cliff...I'm enjoying seeing the changes each time I log on! Keep up the great work...and thank you for making the Forum such an enjoyable (and addictive) place to visit!
IP: Logged
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2002 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

There already is an odometer on the page...

What about a trip odometer then

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2002 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Take a look at this site, if someone posts a larger photo, it only enlarges that one entry, leaving the rest of the post intact.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=593517&t=2565#post593517

Maybe you can do that ?

Sure would make reading posts easier w/out needing to move the screen over to the right.

Also, any idea why I'd be getting the message in that site saying ,

"We're very sorry
images posted on www.fiero.nl
can only be viewed
there ..."

??????

It used to work.

Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2002 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man this is really cool. Love the new Look.

(my reply to the quote is below the quote)

Originally posted by naskie18:

The only thing I'd still like to see is a "subscribe to" option that allows you to check a box and recieve e-mail notification when someone replies to the thread. Like I could check the box here and then whenever someone replies to this thread I would recieve an e-mail telling me that someone replied to this and I should go read what they have to say

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 11-04-2002).]

HeHe, I sent Cliff a note about this exact same topic. Me Too, the only reason I can see this as being a bad addition is that he might be sending out 2000 emails a day with it.

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new additions are just kick ass cool!

Great job!

Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hallsman:

Odometer? I didn't see one. Just the number of registered users. Hmmm, am I blind? I was thinking maybe using an odometer thingie for your number of posts. And maybe some cool names of your rank instead of just "New member" and "Member". Like maybe "Fiero Noob" or "Fiero Guru", "Fiero Nut", or something. Keep up the cool work!

It's @ the very bottom...

godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just logged on after a while away...

I like the new look!

------------------

85 F-40 Replica (unfinished),88 GT 5-speed, 02 Millennium Yellow C5

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Cliff,

Take a look at this site, if someone posts a larger photo, it only enlarges that one entry, leaving the rest of the post intact.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=593517&t=2565#po st593517

Maybe you can do that ?

Sure would make reading posts easier w/out needing to move the screen over to the right.

"We're very sorry
can only be viewed
there ..."

??????

It used to work.

Cool I believe every month or so Cliff "kills" all picture links that are not on the forum. This is to save his bandwidth so he is not hosting pictures for everyone. Here is another thread that Cliff closed about it. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023107.html

------------------
87 GT
Holley Side Scoop---DELETE
K&N Air Filter
Home Page

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post11-06-2002 07:42 AM   Send a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"We're very sorry
can only be viewed
there ..."

??????

It used to work.

Cliff changed it so you can only view images on PFF using pip. conserve bandwidth it does. If you need a place to host your image, send it to me and i'll put it on my server. free of charge of course.

------------------

Fierosite - Your Number One Resource for Fiero websites

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"We're very sorry
can only be viewed
there ..."

I'm willing to bet you use some kind of pop-up ad killer. Check your settings and make sure it doesn't hide the "Referrer".

2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, I like the buttons and all but the warning lights on the main forum page don't really do anything for me, I liked the old way. It's not terrible just not really aesthetically appealing. Perhaps it's just me.

Thanks for keeping this wonderful forum up and running Cliff.

Jeff

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I'm willing to bet you use some kind of pop-up ad killer. Check your settings and make sure it doesn't hide the "Referrer".

I'll check, weird thing is, is did work before & I havn't changed a thing on my end.

{BTW, any pic's I've posted in other forums, are ones I've used here 1st.}

88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the new look Cliff
Morninglight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorninglightClick Here to visit Morninglight's HomePageSend a Private Message to MorninglightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice new layout dude

What's the name of that cool font your using?

------------------

'85 Fiero 2m4

Nederlands Fiero forum

[This message has been edited by Morninglight (edited 11-06-2002).]

hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweek:

It's @ the very bottom...

Oooh, that's cool. I wonder why I never saw it before. Odd.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the very bottom?? I must still be missing something......
Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the main page where it lists Announcements, technical, general.. etc. on the bottom of that page there is a hit counter that looks like an odometer
FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love what you have done with the graphics on the forum. Some of the 3D buttons are hard to read, but other than that, excellent job! It is getting fancy, but not over the top like some forums around.
kyote

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2xsess:......Hey Cliff, I like the buttons and all but the warning lights on the main forum page don't really do anything for me, I liked the old way. It's not terrible just not really aesthetically appealing......

I think the warning lights make it "Fiero Specific"..If there are lit..there are new messages..if not..there are none..

I just saw the counter as well..also noted the count of how many people were browsing at the time .. kewl!!!

Kudo's to Cliff!!!

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for doing all this work, Cliff. It's really a great place.

While you're doing all this new eye candy, I have a suggestion for a more subtle improvement.

Something that's always miffed me about this forum, and most others for that matter, is that they program dicks around with the white space I try to put in my posts. I put 15 spaces between this sentence and the previous, but only 1 showed up.

I hit the enter key 15 times before typing this sentence, but only two blank lines show up.

It would be really cool if you could fix that. It would make the occasional ASCII explanation or tabular display of data much easier.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 11-07-2002).]

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Job Cliff,
Much easier to read!
Thanks

------------------

Best of class-HMN- Carlisle 2002

PFF
System Bot
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:
Something that's always miffed me about this forum, and most others for that matter, is that they program dicks around with the white space I try to put in my posts. I put 15 spaces between this sentence and the previous, but only 1 showed up.
I hit the enter key 15 times before typing this sentence, but only two blank lines show up.

It would be really cool if you could fix that. It would make the occasional ASCII explanation or tabular display of data much easier.

Check out the UBB {code} tag.

Dave

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

crazyd

2011 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I'd like to make a suggestion for improvement as well. The PM feature is nice, but I see lots of situations where people have to tell each other in threads or actually post entirely new topics to let each other know that they've sent a PM. I know I have to make a point of checking it every week or so or else I forget about it completely. If you could put the same audible notification on the index pages for all the forums (i.e. General, Tech & OT) that you have a PM waiting, like what is on the main page, it would make dealing with it a lot easier for everyone.

Dave

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2002 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isnt there already an audible note. I thought I heard one once. This note works for me "You've got mail". I have mine set to email me when I recieve a message.
TBK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2002 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBKClick Here to visit TBK's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*gets on his hands and knees and begs*

Can you please add an email feature that ANYTIME you reply to the message you can choose to be emailed if their is any additional replies?

About once a week I do a search for my nick and go through all the threads. This takes up more bandwidth and CPU time than an email being sent out and the more I post, the more bandwidth/cycles this is going to use up. Just a thought.

------------------
'Course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
-TBK (The Black Knight)
'87 GT

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay