Replies: 5 (48 views)
Last post by: Zoom88 on 10-22-2002 07:27 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you may have noticed, the rating bars display a bit differently than before.
Before, they didn't really accurately represented your rating and it was hard to figure out how many negatives vs. positives you had because it either showed a green bar or a red bar only.

Now, you will see both a red and green bar, and the relative sizes tells you how many people rated you negative/positive. So if the green bar is twice as big as the red bar, then you got twice as many positive ratings as negative ratings.

If more people rated you positively, then the red bar will be "transparent" (i.e. grayish-red). If it's the other way around, then the green bar will be transparent (grayish-green).

If the red bar flashes, then you are just one step away from being banned. So either shape up or start looking for another forum.

The penalty for being banned is a bit more severe than it used to be. In the past, being banned meant that you could no longer post messages. Now, if you are banned, you will be denied access to the entire site. That means you will not even be able to read messages.

Remember, if you get banned, don't come to me crying why I banned you. I didn't ban you. The members of this forum did.

I'm still working on the part where anybody is able to see his/her own rating.

I'm pushing this whole rating system because I've noticed that just a handful of people is responsible for a whole lot of others to leave the forum. The rating system gives you a tool to (anonymously) make your concerns heard. So rate often, but use it wisely.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please post them in this thread.

[Edited for spelling]

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 10-22-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, you are the man!! The rating system is great, and I like being able to see both the red and the green bars, that's pretty sweet....now if I could just see mine Anyway, thanks for keeping the forum great

------------------
Nick
AIM: Naskie182010 www.naskie18.com

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So does this mean the system is now active and willl begin to ban people? Or are we still taking it for a test drive?

About banning people from even viewing the site... I understand its to try and pressure people from being trolls by denying them the wealth of information that is this forum. Thats all well and good, but I would think even a banned member still should have some access to the information, say to repair their Fiero or whatever (for those trolls that actually own Fieros. Many do not!) They wouldn't beable to ask questions, but could at least search for answers. On the other hand, maybe Fiero owning trolls shouldn't own Fieros at all!

Of course, the response from many would be "they should have thought of that before." To me its not a big deal... just thought I would toss it out there.

So far everyhting seems great! Glad to see the bars will be more accurate. Now... if I could only SEE mine!! Rate ME!! (Only positives )

------------------
John
AOLIM: Fformula88

1988 Fiero Formula
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLiff ,
I was just wondering what keeps a member from rating another member over and over whether good or bad running the numbers up/down.

By the way excellent idea. I don't know how you have the time to keep the site up as you do but wonderful job !!

artherd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The system keeps track, you only get to vote on someone once.

If say I voted you negative because I was having PMS, then I decided you were OK, and voted you posative, the system would just 'change' my vote!

WRT people getting banned, FOC'em. I see no reason they should be allowed to view the site at all. (yes, even to fix their fiero...) You've got to try HARD to get banned here.

PS: Cliff, like your sig. Your forum's not too shabby either

Best!
Ben,

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the explain Artherd !!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock