Replies: 9 (33 views)
Last post by: artherd on 10-23-2002 07:31 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2002 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, it's been a long day programming again fixing a few bugs I had found in the forum's software.

First of all, I noticed that the rating bars were displaying incorrectly whenever there was a small difference between positive and negative ratings. For instance, if 30 people rated you positively, and 32 people rated you negatively, a red bar would appear (which is correct) but the bar would be waaaay too big. This has been solved (and fortunately it was an easy fix). So for those that see that their rating bars have changed, it's because I fixed a bug, not because people suddenly rated you differently.

Another bug was with the Private Messages. Some messages displayed incorrectly and that should be fixed now. So if you suddenly see old Private Messages marked as "New", that's because the bug was causing them to be always marked as "Read".

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2002 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank's again Cliff for keeping the forum going... You do a GREAT JOB!!

Smooth!!

2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2002 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job as usual making sure the forum is tip-top!

Quick question about the Private messages. I get an error messge when I try to attach my sig to a pm. Is that just my sig or just a bug?
Just curious.

Thanks for everything!
Jeff

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2002 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff -

You da man!

Jen

------------------

IM Username: FieroChic88
Silver 1988 GT
Silver 1986 2m4
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anybody wonders why the bars still keep changing: that's because I'm experimenting with the best way to accurately display someone's rating.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock on Cliff.

The Fiero forum is by far the nicest kept forum on the web.

I just want to mention how FAST it also is, you've done a great job with all the code.

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Daniel87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel87GTSend a Private Message to Daniel87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Ok, it's been a long day programming again fixing a few bugs I had found in the forum's software.

I consider myself to be a pretty good programmer. Would you like some help fixing bugs? I would be willing to take on the search UI and make it better.

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
If anybody wonders why the bars still keep changing: that's because I'm experimenting with the best way to accurately display someone's rating.

Lookin' good Cliff.

I like the 'soft colors' and all!

Best!
Ben.

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2002 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, but what is the light red bar on the indicator mean? Look at artherd or smooths bar.
-edit: shoulda read the other thread.

[This message has been edited by Fierobsessed (edited 10-22-2002).]

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2002 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Means that out of a hundred people or so, maybe 4 don't like my hair

I'm not worried, you other 98 rule!~

Best!
Ben.

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:
Just curious, but what is the light red bar on the indicator mean? Look at artherd or smooths bar.
-edit: shoulda read the other thread.

[This message has been edited by Fierobsessed (edited 10-22-2002).]

------------------

Ben Cannon

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock