Replies: 5 (30 views)
Last post by: CoryFiero on 04-08-2002 11:24 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2002 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since a few days some of you aren't able to see new replies in threads for some reason. I've received a few emails about it already and I've also seen a few topics started about the subject.

Nothing has changed on my end so I suspect some ISP has changed its proxy settings.

If you can't see new replies, please answer the following questions:

• Which ISP are you using? (AOL, Rogers, etc.)
  • Which browser are you using? (Netscape 4.x, IE 6.x, etc)
  • Does clicking the Refresh/Reload button solve your problem?
  • If you are using Internet Explorer, does hitting CTRL-F5 solve your problem?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2002 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im one of those people, it actually happens from both home and the university... and for the last 3-4 weeks, but there was a week in the middle of that that was OK.

Also i changed IE to check for newer versions of the page from automatically to every time the page is visited.

questions answered
ISP provider - home is shaw or school, the university has their own.

Browser IE ver5.5

Refresh or F-5 does solve it (actually thats usually the first thing I do when i open a new thread)

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2002 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't experienced the problem you describe, but I have had a refresh-related problem.
If I go back to the forum selection screen after mucking around in TD&Q, and hit refresh to see if I have any PM's, the page frequently only loads halfway and I get an error saying "download of specified resource failed". It usually takes 3-4 tries before the page successfully downloads.

I'm using earthlink and IE 5

baldlobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2002 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baldloboSend a Private Message to baldloboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it has to do with temporay internet files.

provider: mts dsl
ie 6.0
ctrl+f5 works

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2002 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had that problem on and off for a little while now. There can be a topic as far as halfway down the list, it can say that there are (ex.) 14 replies, but when I click there are only a few. It only happens from time to time, but I have noticed it.
IP - AOL 7.0
IE - ? 5 I think
Refresh doesnt seem to work for it...
havnt tried the control f5 thing yet.

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 04-08-2002).]

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2002 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the Imac laptops at school I get this problem, and at home I did, but I just hit the refresh button and it worked.. Now I don't even have to hit refresh.

Cory

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock