Replies: 5 (23 views)
Last post by: 86seyellow on 10-11-2001 09:37 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2001 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a few hours yesterday, the forum generated an "Internal Server Error". The cause was unknown but a server reset solved the problem.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2001 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've often thought that Windows/Intel boxes ought to have a chrome "flush handle" on the side, instead of a reset button.
(Don't know what you're server is, but glad it was nothing serious. Thanks for all you do!)

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-09-2001).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2001 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, it's a Linux box and it's the first time I ever had to reset the server to solve a problem - in 6 years!!! Which is quite different from the NT boxes some of my clients have - they need to be reset at least once a week.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2001 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how Linux (wasn't he Charlie Browns' buddy with the blanket?) compares with MS, but if this is the only time in 6 years you've had problems, I wouldn't worry about it. You're still DA MAN!
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2001 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Windoze servers reset only once a week when they are lucky... You've got to patch the things at least that often.... Then you pray the patch itself doesn't scrag the box.

------------------
11-Sept-01, The day the world as we knew it ended.

86seyellow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2001 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It works now, glad you guys are techies

------------------

I can go as fast as I want unless I get caught

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock