Replies: 14 (24 views)
Last post by: Turbo88 on 09-10-2001 10:52 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've received a few emails last night that people were getting "Server Errors" when trying to post messages. I've done a few tests myself but am not getting any errors. It could be that the problem solved itself, but it also could be that you receive this error only under certain conditions. If you are able to read messages, but are unable to post, please send me an email [email=info@pennock.nl]by clicking here[/url].
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happened to me last night. I thought it was something new at work. They're always up to something. A month ago I couldn't post from work but I could chat. Now it's just the opposite. You think they're actually trying to get me to do some work? Nah...
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Cliff...it happened to me last night too. Couldnt post a reply or a new topic. Looks like it works now

------------------

James Essar
AOL IM Name: FieroMaster88
88 Coupe With a new V6
5 speed Isuzu trans
AcCel 8mm wires
rapid fire plugs
custom intake with K&N filter.
Soon to be 2" closer to the ground and have a turbo

My7Fieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto..... all fine now though.
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had some problems as posted above.
One ? 4 U Cliff, is the spell check still working?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the spell checker is working for me. But I've had some email about that too. I'm using Netscape so maybe it's an Explorer problem. I'll look into it.

(Just ran the spell checker on this message without a problem)

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't post last night either. I kept getting an obviously generic 'Internal Server Error' page with contact somebody@server.com and error 404 unable to display error or something like that. All's fine today.

I still can't do spell check (IE 5). I get a message box with:

Line 2
ctrl.constructor is not an object

Sounds like it might be a java thing???

[This message has been edited by DRH (edited 09-07-2001).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happened to me last night for about a 30 minute period, I couldn't post any replies. I seem to remember a error 500, for some reason, rather than a 404.

Bryce
88 GT

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep me too - and I use IE- but all is good with the world now.

MsBeth

Turbo88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2001 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Turbo88Send a Private Message to Turbo88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like a script error that occurs under certain conditions (don't know the conditions yet). Also I have trouble logging into the private messages folder. When I log in, it sends me back to the login page but does not authenticate me. I haev to post a message or a reply to login then I can check my private messages. Do you have that page linked to another database?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2001 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get a "there was a problem running script" message when trying to use spell check.IE5
Yesterday I had Java disabled for a while and Had the same problem as above getting PM, but it is cleared up now with java enabled, except spell check still triggers error msg.
Thanks
Don
PFF
System Bot
Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2001 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok the hot flashes are slowing. that was a horrible experience!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2001 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't have any problems with the servers when I could get to them yesterday.... however most of today the servers have been completely unreachable. DNS errors.... I was able to get to everything else ok. I think the transatlantic fiber was acting up again.
fiero_hunter85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2001 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_hunter85Send a Private Message to fiero_hunter85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i had the same problem as you theogre.
Turbo88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2001 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Turbo88Send a Private Message to Turbo88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Here is the error I get from IE5.50 when trying to send a private message...

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, info@(a_server.com) and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

From what I have seen in the past, this can be caused by something as little as a type-o in the script which is causing a runtime error when executing the command set. It looks like it is possible that the CGI is calling a process and attempting to load a nonexisting page. Hope this helps...

Thanks
Bryan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock