Replies: 24 (17 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 10-08-2000 10:04 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally succeeded in transferring the forum to the new server. I've done some tests already and it looks pretty good (and it's fast!). You still might encounter the occasional quirk now and then. If you do, please let me now.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems right quick- give yourself a 5% raise.
HugGRRRFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, only one problem I've found... it's going so fast now I'm seeing smoke roll out the back of my puter, and my telephone wire is heating up! Searching for threads is about 10 times faster, just for that give yourself a 10% raise. Thank You!!!!

------------------

HugGRRRFiero@hotmail.com

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Searching is fast now, isn't it?

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now THAT'S performance!!!

Thanks Cliff!

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on a modem, looks like the whole system is faster. I did a few searches to check it out... Way much faster there. I used to could have a nap waiting for searches on the old one and it often would time out.

So far looks perfectly stable. I don't see any odd things going on with it.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blindingly fast, Cliff! Wow! It was worth the wait. Recently, things seemed to be even slower than usual, but this is nothing short of amazing. I second (third?) the pay raise.
Babygirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2000 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabygirlSend a Private Message to BabygirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job!!

------------------
~Darcy & Laura
1984 Black SE Fiero

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2000 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
I noticed that when I'm reading a topic, then click the "back" arrow to go back to the topic list, I get this error, after about 2/3 of the page has been loaded.

If I then hit refresh, the page loads fine.
If I use the link at the top of the page to go from a topic back to the topic list, it loads correctly as well.

But Jeez, It's Fast!
Thanks again for all you do.

I'm using IE 4.0, SP1.

Raydar

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-01-2000).]

DjKid
No longer registered
Report this Post10-02-2000 05:51 AM   Send a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having the same problem, I thought it was my computer, cuz it mucks up with a bunch of pages... I'm using what I guess you could call IE 4.. same as Raydar..

------------------
Ray - Blue 88 Coupe - My Blue Knight - Carolina Fieros

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2000 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got the same problem here too. I figured it was my comuter, since it had been pretty unstable the other week, until I formatted, and started over. I'm using I.E. 4.0 too.

[This message has been edited by fiero56 (edited 10-02-2000).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2000 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Now that I'm at work (NT 4.0, IE 5.01) I'm not seeing the error. FWIW.

Raydar

overlord

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2000 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for overlordSend a Private Message to overlordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliff,
i cant seem to "view today active topics".
It just says there are none.
HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2000 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2000 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With my dial up connection at home, I saw a little increase in speed. But at school over the T-1 line- the speed is MUCH faster. This is cool!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2000 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "View today's active topics" is fixed!

As for your error Raydar, that's an Internet Explorer Bug - there's isn't a lot I can do about that...

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2000 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
searches work at light speed now.

I've got IE 5.5 running. I haven't had much problem.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2000 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Do you know of a workaround for the IE error?
Is it just a setting change?
Or will I need to upgrade?
There are several of us seeing the same thing.

Thanks,

Raydar

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2000 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, this might work:

• Close Internet Explorer.
  • Go to Control panel -> Internet Icon ->Advanced Tab.
  • Scroll down to the HTTP 1.1 settings section and deselect all of the options there.
  • OK your way out.

It's a bug in IE v4.x and Microsoft never wrote a fix for it (why am I not suprised?).

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 10-03-2000).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2000 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Cliff. I'll give that a try when I get home.
BTW... The Forum is rapid now. Especially at work. (3 T-1's)
Once again, thanks for all you do.

Raydar

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2000 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its incredibly fast at school running off the penn state computers...but its about the same at home, I ust need a satelitle link up to the fiero forum 24/7
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2000 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, I love the speed of the Search function now. It's FAST!!! However... (you knew this was coming ) ... we still have that weird problem where archived threads come up saying that there are multiple pages, and then when we click on those other pages, a different thread comes up. I guess this still has you stumped, eh?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-05-2000).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2000 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooooops! Cliff, I remember seeing that (Patrick's archive issue) a couple of weeks ago. Before the server upgrade. I thought it was an isolated thing. Didn't think much about it.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula T-Top
88 Coupe (soon to receive transplant.)
88 "pretzeled" Formula

Out of my mind.
Back in five minutes.

Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2000 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, That problem your having with the back button, just got to the Microsoft website and upgrade you browser to IE5.5. It fixed the problem for me. And, the forum is running at light speed, especially since I got DSL. It was pretty fast before, but since the new server is running, I cant even take a breath between clicking and the page loading.

------------------
Sean Heberly
Silver 86 GT 2.8
Killer Stereo System

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2000 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, That fix that you gave me works perfectly. Thanks!

Seanh, I haven't bothered upgrading my IE to 5.x, because I'm about to retire this dinosaur (P-133, pre-MMX) in the next few weeks. Thanks for the suggestion tho'.

Raydar

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock