Replies: 1 (30 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 09-03-2000 07:35 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2000 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you might have noticed, I had to take the forum down for some unscheduled maintenance. Let me try to explain why I do this from time to time.

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, one of the sections (mostly the TD&Q section) will get so slow that a webbrowser will time out before the forum has finished serving the page. You'll get a "Document has no data" error then. The cause is a slightly corrupted file - the cause of the corruption is in all probability the shear number of messages and the size of the traffic going in and out of the forum.

Whenever I notice this, I need to shut down the forum and have it rebuild all databases to make sure things don't get any worse. Rebuilding the databases on a forum with a few thousand messages would be very quick, but this forum is approaching 100,000 messages rapidly.

Within a few weeks I should have installed my new server which will speed up this process tremendously (and hopefully it will also prevent the files from getting corrupt in the first place).

The good thing during this last "unscheduled maintenance" was that a lot of people were present in the real-time chatroom.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2000 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As always...You da man.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock