Replies: 24 (24 views)
Last post by: 2FAST4U on 08-28-2000 01:12 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had been playing with this idea for a long time and was eventually persuaded by the many emails I received about the very same topic.

Soon, the official PFF-CD will be available! This CD will contain every single message from the start of this forum up until now from the TD&Q- and GFC-sections of this forum.

It won't be a simple "browse-through-all-the-messages"-CD since I've build a pretty good search engine making finding messages about any topic a very easy job. The CD will also include every single image posted on this forum thusfar!

I'm not sure about the price yet but rest assured it will not be an expensive CD at all.

I think the CD will be ready in a month or so. If you have any ideas what you would like to have included on this CD, please leave a message here. For instance, I'm thinking of including a links section with links to Fiero-related sites on the internet. This would be free for all of course.

Let me now what you think!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rodrv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yet another great idea, Cliff!!! You never cease to amaze us. Put me down for one

------------------
Rod Schneider, Woodstock, Ga. 84 SE

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This CD will contain every single message from the start of this forum up until now...

Every single message?

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*LOL* - I'm afraid so Patrick! This CD will contain some 70,000-80,000 messages and I really don't feel like going through them all to filter out those that are non-fiero related.

But not to worry - the CD will only have people's screennames and no further information about them (so no profile information).

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a great idea Cliff! There's a lot of valuable technical information here as well as a lot of humour. Having everything on a CD would sure make it easier to access what we need to find. Put me down for one!
dogtired

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2000 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Idea.
I think a year ago when I joined I am one of the folks that was asking about archives??
Just a thought? How about doing it once a year Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 6, Who said I could count? Or maybe once every 2 years?
Anyway its a GREAT Idea, Start a list of buyers and Put the old dog on the top of it.

And as always, something that is never said enough.

THANKS CLIFF

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2000 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great idea Cliff!!! I'll sure take one!!

And -- on my web site there are a BUNCH of useful links on my links page www.tgowens.com/fiero -- help yourself!! (oh yeah - there is a better picture of my car there too!!)

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2000 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding idea once again, Cliff! Put me down for one. Let me know the price and a check will be in the mail. I gotta agree with dog. If it's not too much trouble, a volume each year (or every other) would be neat.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2000 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a copy of that too when your done Cliff

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2000 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You mean we can relive the flame wars?
Brian84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2000 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian84SESend a Private Message to Brian84SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps Cliff could release a special cd for the flame wars entitled "The lost episodes".
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe he'll call it "The Forums greatest HITS"

Marc 87GT

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will only buy it if the thread "fiero on mars" is included... that was great..
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just checked and the "Fiero found on mars" thread is indeed on the CD.

I was wondering if I should include the Totally O/T section as well on the CD. It has nothing to do with Fieros of course, but there are some funnier than hell threads in there...

dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, if there is room on the CD I for one would like to see it ALL.
Can you imagine reading this stuff in 10 years??
Cliff you are the MAN.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ross, you must REALLY like that thread! Check this out-

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20000604-1-000678.html

Cliff, I have a question. In the thread I've posted a link to above, there's a link in it that no longer works. Is this because the original "Mars" thread has been archived?

Along the same lines, I guess none of the links on the CD that refer to threads on the Fiero forum will work at all (unless we're on-line when we try?).

Regarding the O/T section, sure, put it on!

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait, I answered that to quickly. Any link to outside the forum (inluding any inserted pictures) will of course only be available when connected to the internet. Local links however, are handled a bit differently. How local links are handled is still subject to changes (I keep changing that). Where it will go is that there will probably be a "smart"-link mode. When online, it will simply link to the real threads on the forum. When offline, it will link to the threads on the CD. Like I said, this isn't sure yet since this is no easy task to implement.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 08-22-2000).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, I think I understand what you're saying about outside and local links. It sounds like you've got (or will have) that part under control. Great!

What about the other question from my previous post regarding archived threads? Are archived threads given a different "address" which then renders an older (local) link to them useless? (I hope you know what I'm talking about.)

Brian84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2000 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian84SESend a Private Message to Brian84SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am waiting for vol. 2 - "The Archie Chronicles"
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2000 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, I see what you mean. I haven't really thought about that one yet. When offline, it isn't really all that hard to change a local link to its archived link (I could check beforehand if the thread is available on the CD and, if not, check if it has been archived by any chance). But when online, that's a totally different story.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2000 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE FAMOUS!
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2000 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...or infamous.
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2000 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just when I thought that I would never see the Pine Tree Air Freshener topic again.

Ill also take one

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2000 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You want a PFF Greatest Hits CD-ROM or a Pine Tree Air Freshener? I still have one PTAF left.
2FAST4U

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2000 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2FAST4USend a Private Message to 2FAST4UEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a PFFCD and a PTAF. Better make that two PTAFs I've got a friend who......

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock