Replies: 19 (21 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 08-16-2000 04:15 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2000 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are experiencing difficulties connecting to the Forum, it's because somewhere along the line an internet router is crapping out. Since it's the middle of the night now there isn't much I can do about it until about 4am EST. At that same time I will be doing some server maintanance which means the forum will be down for about 30 minutes.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2000 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30 minutes!!!! I can feel my world starting to crumble now.

Alright ….. Calm down Robert ….. It’s just 30 minutes without the forum ….. I know I can get through this …

1 Fiero

2 Fiero

3 Fiero

4 Fiero

5 Fiero

6 F#%#$#

7 F)(^&%^%$

8 ………

Cliff: Please get the Forum up and running again……….

Now Now Clam down, get a hold of yourself.

OK I think I’m OK now……

OH NO…………

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2000 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I couldn't try longer than 5 minutes to try and get on the Forum last night without crying to you in an e-mail message Cliff Now that I'm here the hives are starting to dissapear and the vomiting is at a minimal

------------------

Marc 87GT

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2000 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to wait until now to post a "Whooooo ... it's back" message because those darn shakes wouldn't go away and I couldn't type!!! Unfortunately, that slight twitch is still noticeable!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2000 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually GoKart, I never received an email from you. Did you sent me one?

------------------
"Cover me! I'm changing lanes!"

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2000 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yah! You e-mailed me back to, telling me you had someone else letting you know they couldn't get on! You did spare me the "get a life" though and I appreciated that cause I know I don't have one
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2000 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gokart--I'm a little confused. Are you semi-flaming Cliff? Or just joking? I hope it's the latter, 'cause if it's the former...
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2000 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, sorry GoKart, little brainfart there... You did send me an email.

Just shows you that little sleep does effect your memory...

Don't worry MonkeyMan, he's just kidding me around.

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2000 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With well over 1200 members now I can see why! No problems since I mailed you and things seem to be even faster now Monkey...YOU'VE got to be joking

------------------

Marc 87GT

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2000 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gokart--I was 99% sure that I was taking you wrong. I just had to be sure. That's why I asked. I didn't want to start something for nothing.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2000 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, is there any reason why I can't post a longer than "usual" response at the O/T forum? I'm trying to respond to the posts by our fine forum members in the thread I started about home security. No matter how long I wait (up to five minutes), my post refuses to upload. I've posted MUCH longer posts here in the past occasionally and never had any problem. I shouldn't have to split the post into two. Any suggestions (other than writing shorter posts )?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-12-2000).]

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2000 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea Patrick. I'll check into it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2000 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, I had the same problem in the same thread today. And this time I was responding to your post!
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2000 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's revenge for the ATF
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2000 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now, now...
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2000 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, I've done some testing and it's not the size that's causing the problems, but something in your message. I will see if I can find what it is exactly. I'll let you know.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2000 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11609 posts
Member since Jan 99
Apparantly, it's the smilies in your post that is causing the problem. There seems to be a maximum allowed number of smilies in a single post (I never knew that). If you post more than 7 smilies, your message will be blocked.

I understand the reasoning behind this limit, but not why it has been set so low. It's not a setting in the software and I'll need to change the sourcecode to allow more smilies in a single post.

Anyway, now you know why it didn't post.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2000 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A reminder:

When you have trouble connecting to the site run a "tracert" before emailing Cliff.

Open the MSDOS prompt from Start/Programs

Type "Tracert www.fiero.nl" minus the quotes and press enter.

Then sit back and watch the command run. If you see a line with high, over 1000, return times in the first column then the problem likely isn't on Cliff's end unless it's on the last couple lines printed out.

If it's in the first 5-10 lines it's likely your ISP. If it's in the middle it's the "back bone" provider connected to you ISP or transatlantic cables.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2000 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm.... ok, let's try something.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

I earlier tried to upload 8 smilies. When it didn't upload, I got this message-

"We cannot process your posting, because you have exceeded the maximum number of images allowed per post. The current maximum is 8."

Cliff, I guess the current maximum is actually 7, as you had previously stated above. Interestingly enough, one of my posts that would not upload had only 6 smilies in it. I still had to split this post into two separate posts. The one I'm referring to was posted at 08-15-2000 and can be found at-
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/000585.html

It must also make a difference how many words have been made bold and/or italicized. What do you think?

Thanks for checking into this Cliff.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-16-2000).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2000 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, that was also caused by smilies. I tested that by taking your two posts, pasting them in one and tried to post it - which didn't succeed. I then removed a few smilies and tried again - this time it posted successfully. Maybe the software has difficulties counting every now and then...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock