Replies: 31 (31 views)
Last post by: bHooper on 06-03-2001 11:01 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm toying with a little idea of mine here. It seems that there are quite a bit Fiero Clubs out there and I was thinking about creating a special section on the Forum for them. In this section, only a few people (one or two persons per club) can start threads (but anybody could reply to them of course). This way, they have their own space to make announcement for their club - like announcing meetings and stuff. I would need to make a set of rules that would determine if a club is eligible or not. For instance, a club needs to have a minimum number of members (no need to create a section for a club with only ten members, right?).

Like I said, I'm still toying with the idea and I need your input.

So, whaddaya think?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it Cliff! You're always coming up with great ideas. Let us know when you decide and I'll ask you to add our club that Ray Paulk started last March, New England Fiero Association. By the way I like your "signature", very original
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds Good Cliff. I belong to Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts. It is the 3rd largest club in the USA right now.

------------------
~Oreif~
Fieroholic and proud of it!

Uaana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2000 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto on what the others said. I can talk with the president of MN fiero's and get his o.k.
zeusrekning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2000 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zeusrekningSend a Private Message to zeusrekningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is the progress with this?
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2000 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
...no need to create a section for a club with only ten members, right?...
Why not? But what do I know, I just sent in my club membership form today after being here over a year. But why discriminate against small clubs if they're active, and sincere enthusiasts. I bet many have geographical reasons for low numbers, or just few Fiero owners in their area. Not flaming you, Cliff, I think it's a wonderful idea. I just really don't think all 70+ clubs are going to use it, but the ones who can make good use of it will. If it gets too big then sure, find ways to tighten it up, like use it or lose it. Again I say the idea sounds great.

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2000 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah! As President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Recording Secretary for the Skelley Avenue Fiero Afficionados, I must inform you that the membership, in a special meeting, has voted, and we have found unanimously to condemn discrimination based on size. Of the club, that is....

Darn spelling errors....

------------------
This should work until my site comes online....

[This message has been edited by Patrick's Dad (edited 11-30-2000).]

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2000 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

I like it, but I think it would be better if anyone could start threads. I'm pretty sure everyone here will use it for what it's intended for. If it gets out of hand for some reason, I imagine it could always be changed.

Just a suggestion to throw up in the air. I kinda like the events format the corvette forum is using. Maybe there's a way you could modify it a bit to work here.

Anyway, sounds great!

------------------
T-T-F-N, Tah Tah For Now!

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2000 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Yes, Yes, This is a real good idea
and only the officers of the clubs can start
a post.

Tim Perrigo
Fiero Owners Club of New England
F.O.C.O.N.E.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2001 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything ever come about with this?

Steve

------------------

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2001 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a member of FOCOSEVA Fiero Owners Club of South Eastern Virginia I can safely say thats a great Idea.
But as usual look who came up with it!

------------------
Harry
FOCOSEVA
1985 GT 262K+ "TEMPTATION"

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2001 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I'm willing to set this up but I have to think about how to do it. I don't want to set up like 50 new sections for every single Fiero club out there. Anyone any ideas?
TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2001 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about 1 section for club announcements. You could then have 1 or 2 members of the club that can start threads(Like president and newsletter editor).

What ever happened to the adding another tech section for general tech?

Just my Idea.

------------------
Josh

My pics

Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2001 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EdClick Here to visit Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to see this, and contribute to it. We have a listserve for the western U.S. Fiero clubs associated with F.O.C.O.A. But it has been technically difficult to develop a western newsletter.

Will the proposed site take Microsoft "word" documents? I'm not very computer literate, and the simplest method for posting newsletters, for instance, would be the best for me, personally. Of course, being able to post pictures is nice too. Some of the other clubs have very exotic newsletters, N.I.F.E. for instance. So, easy, but sophisticated at the same time?!

Ed Littrell, President
Northern CA. Chapt., F.O.C.O.A.

[This message has been edited by Ed (edited 05-11-2001).]

TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2001 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, I just saw something neat on http://forums.vwvortex.com

I noticed they have a link at the bottom that shows what Online Users are Currently Browsing the Boards. That would be great for us to have. Dose it cost extra from infopop?

------------------
Josh

My pics

TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2001 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2001 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I've seen that "who's online" script before and it's something I'll have to think about.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-16-2001 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My input on the "who's onlne" is that while it would be neat, I think it would slow the forum down, especially for WebTV users. The other forums like the MR2, RX7 and VW forums are chock full of special goodies, and it takes forever to come up on my screen, if at all.

I do like the club section in theory, although I think it would largely go unused.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2001 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, whaddaya think?

A club listing was probably the only thing I noticed missing when I joined your great forum Cliff.

I always thought this would be a great base to start an international Fiero Club. Lets show the world we might be small...but god we are well organised.

------------------

When I was young I spent 80% of my money on Women, Gambling and Alcohol. I guess I wasted the rest.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2001 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AusFiero

11513 posts
Member since Feb 2001

So, whaddaya think?

A club listing was probably the only thing I noticed missing when I joined your great forum Cliff.

I always thought this would be a great base to start an international Fiero Club. Lets show the world we might be small...but god we are well organised.

------------------

When I was young I spent 80% of my money on Women, Gambling and Alcohol. I guess I wasted the rest.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2001 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, How about a section called "Club News" and at the bottom of the club news page have a club listing link like we have for the Vendor listing. (The clubs themselves could post the info like website, "how to Join", and/or club contact) Then the clubs can either assign a member already registered here or have one of the leaders be able to post news of shows, events, gatherings, and such. You could control it by having the club representative login seprate from their normal login. or a 2nd password.

------------------

Got Emblems?

PFF
System Bot
RobertVol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2001 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertVolSend a Private Message to RobertVolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, I think this would be a great idea!

I just saw this thread so sorry for the delay in replying.

N FL / South GA Club is all for it !!

tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2001 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds kewl man!
like lots of people say,
"do it, do it,do it!"
Jason

------------------

We all have dreams, but not everyone gets them...

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2001 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

I have information from a reliable source that says that FOCOA is undergoing a reorganization and several things are happening. One of which is a National web site. On that site will be listed all clubs which are chapters of FOCOA, what state they are in, which region they belong to (including Canada) and it will list three contacts, email addresses and web site address. I should have the site up and running within this next month if all goes well.

If any of this would be of help to you let me know via email..........

RobertVol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertVolSend a Private Message to RobertVolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uhh any more on this Cliff?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There will be a new section for this shortly. Right now, I'm a bit busy with a few things unrelated to this forum, but which will have an impact on the forum if I do not attend to them. In short, the forum is generating so much traffic that it's beginning to cost me an arm and a leg so I'm trying to generate funds so I can keep it up and running without it sending me straight to bankruptcy...

I hope I can do this without banners although I don't think anyone would mind car-related advertisements... (anyone?)

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as the banners don't pop up in a different window or crowd the screen.
I don't see a problem with it.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm for whatever is best for you Cliff. I'm amazed you've kept it on your pocketbook this long! A banner on the pages is no biggie, especially considering how awesome this forum is Heck, car-related banners are almost welcome!

Bryce
88 GT

RobertVol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2001 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertVolSend a Private Message to RobertVolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Cliff!

Whatever you need to do to keep the Forum alive! This is the greatest Fiero place on the earth. The club Section will be great when ready but no rush. If we can help in anyway let us know.

RLP

------------------
Robert
88GT 56k T TOP
North Florida Fiero Club

CLICK BELOW AND SEE OUR SITE !!!
NEXT MEETING - May 26th, in Jacksonville
http://fullspeed.to/NorthFLFieros

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2001 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you mean banners like the SCCA forum has? Those are not too conspicuous at all. http://www.sccaforums.com/
We know you'll do the right thing. You don't even need to ask.
Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how many hits per day does this place generate? If you are looking for good cheap web hosting, I highly recommend www.addr.com very inexpensive, service has been great so far! Unless of course you host it on your own personal server, then relinquishing it to someone else would limit what you can do...

btw, is there an address we can send donations to?

PFF
System Bot
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2001 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what the... it looks different around here?!

man the things i miss, when im busy for a few days!

btw, looks good!

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT 5 speed
*Black '86 SE Automatic

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave