Replies: 22 (24 views)
Last post by: RFMike on 04-22-2000 08:54 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2000 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've just finished upgrading the software again, supposedly this should get rid of the annoying "Sorry, but we have no one registered with the UserName you typed" bug. If you find anything that isn't working as it is supposed to be, please send an email to: cliff@fiero.nl .

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 04-13-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2000 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kick me off to upgrade the system. see if i care. :P
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2000 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You too huh ogre?
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2000 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like it's running faster.
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2000 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been meaning to mention this. Does anyone else find that the forum is EXTREMELY slow? Takes 2-3 minutes for each page to come up after I click the link. This is the only site that is this slow. My connection speeds seem the same everywhere else, just the Forum is slow. I find I am not visiting as often because I don't have enough time to wait for 2 minutes for each thread. Thats 10 minutes surfing for only 5 threads.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2000 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, takes about 2 seconds for a thread to pop up. I've done a trace to your IP-address and I'm getting very high ping values (over 1000ms) to your machine. It could be that your ISP errr... sucks a bit. If you are surfing through a proxy, that might explain why other sites are fast and this forum isn't. Since this forum changes every few seconds or so, it will not be cached by a proxy server.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 04-17-2000).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2000 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've run from home and work, both over modem, and it still seems faster to me. even durring the day.

F56, try doing a tracert. get a command prompt and type tracert www.fiero.nl

you'll find out real quick where the problem is.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 04-17-2000).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2000 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully in July it'll become even faster. I'm planning a server-upgrade around that time.
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2000 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My ISP does suck. You got that right Cliff. I am using Concentric, but get it free so I can't complain too much. They shut down their dial-up number, and replaced it with another just last week. Same time the forum started acting so slow. Maybe it's time I just got a real account from a different ISP.

I'll look into that Ogre. Thanks for the heads-up.

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, just a note for you -- it seems that tonight the site is extremely slow -- and I can't get into "technical Discussions" at all -- it doesn't return a "not found" or "server busy" alert - it just sits there not connecting -- I am having no trouble with any other site tonight (even tho there is extreme Internet traffic and Frame congestion) -- just thought I'd let you know - my servers sre a little slower than normal but they do connect......great site though and keep up the good work
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had exactly the same experience as tgowens last night, and doesn't seem to be much better this morning. Just thought I would let you know.
PFF
System Bot
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that problem myself. I tried for a long while to get in to tech forum, but it wouldnt connect. I havent wondered in there this morning yet, so well see how it goes.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using a cable modem at 441k per sec. So I never see the site slow down. I just click and it's there!
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a cable modem also but last night "waiting for reply" was as far as I got
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've traced the problem to "sendmail", the mailserver of my forums. I just don't know yet how to solve it... For some reason, it has difficulty sending email to a couple of servers (aol.com for instance) and will queue the email in its mail queue. After a period of time, it will try to send these email again and will spawn a few instances of itself. For some reason when it does this, the Technical Discussion section is unreachable. I think because it's the "owner" of the spawned processes.

I'm looking into it, and will hopefully find a solution soon.

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things seem to be working great this morning, just thought I'd LYK.
RFMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RFMikeSend a Private Message to RFMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems faster to me, too. And it also seems more stable. I can open up multiple window and not have an problem with disconnects or throughput. I'm not sure what you did, Cliff, but it works for me.
Mike
RFMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RFMikeSend a Private Message to RFMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RFMike

255 posts
Member since May 99
Seems faster to me, too. And it also seems more stable. I can open up multiple windows and not have any problem with disconnects or throughput. I'm not sure what you did, Cliff, but it works for me.
Mike
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My connection has been very slow for a while too. I use MSN and use to be very fast, but now takes about 60 - 90 seconds to load this site. When I click to enter I watch the 2 little computers in the toolbar and notice they're not blinking for a few seconds.

My wife got that free Lycos internet that has that annoying box that you can't get rid of and when I use that I connect here very fast, like MSN used to.

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats what I've been doing. I switched over to using the free version of Juno for Forum surfing. Using Concentric on the Forum is VERY slow, the "little computers" don't blink for several minutes, but Juno is as fast as Concentric used to be.+
Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Normally I have no problems at all but the last week or so I have had many times that I could not access the site at all.

Still the best Fiero site going!

Ozzy

PFF
System Bot
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff,
In reference to the first post in this thread:

Are you able to fix the "sorry, but you're not allowed to delete your post" bug?

RFMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2000 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RFMikeSend a Private Message to RFMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts also.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock