Replies: 3 (32 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-29-1999 05:14 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-1999 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The server was down for about 30 minutes today. I'm testing a new 2Mb line the next few months, so if you experience a degradation in your connection, please let me know.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-1999 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, at the time of this post, the connection is VERY slow. Usually the threads open up immediately, but not tonight. The other sites I frequent are fine.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-1999 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto. Also, it's starting to forget my username and password. I checked my computer and that's not it. Must be your new system. Good luck!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-1999 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Usernames and passwords are kept locally on your computer. If it doesn't display it when replying to messages for instance, your cookies might be messed up. There's a maximum number of cookies that can be set by your browser (I believe it's 256). And nowadays, just about every single website sets a cookie on your system (most of the time it's a banner on a site that sets the cookie).

Cookies are set on a firts in, first out base. So if you visit a lot of different pages, the cookies for this site will eventually get lost.

As for the slowdown on sunday: I think the server was doing some administrative tasks (cleaning up log files and such), it does that every now and then. There's more than enough bandwidth. Or it could be that the trans-atlantic connection was slow due to some router error somewhere...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock