Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Announcements
  Cookie problems (Green leds and open/closed books)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Cookie problems (Green leds and open/closed books) by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 09-11-1999 07:33 PM
Replies: 10 (34 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-01-1999 10:53 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-1999 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've received a few emails from you that the cookies don't always (or never) work. If you are using Internet Explorer you might want to try to reset this forum's cookie under "Preferences". If that doesn't work, or you are using a different browser, please reply here with the following information:

• What browser are you using? (Netscape, IE, AOL)
  • Is the "last visited" date one the main page correct?
  • Does your bookmark ends with "?action=intro"?
  • Does it never work or only sometimes?
  • If you can get it to work sometimes, how?

Thanks for your help.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dale

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-1999 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaleSend a Private Message to DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried your suggestion, didn't work. I also can't find a date last visited. Any other ideas?

Mahalo,

Dale

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-1999 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I might have this problem figured out....at least for me. I had the Topics page bookmarked so I could skip the inital Fiero Forum screen. Thats not to say that its not attractive but I just wanted to get right into the forum.

I think this screws up the cookies, If I come in from the www.fiero.nl page, then everything seems to work fine.

Others may want to try this if they are still having problems

Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaleSend a Private Message to DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You Know, I do the same thing. I guess I will have to try that.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dale, how did changing the link work for you. It has seemed to solve my problem, although now I have to click one extra time to get into the forum, and I am impatient when it comes to getting on here and reading the day's questions/comments......
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After you get here by clicking on the image on https://www.fiero.nl , bookmark the forum's mainpage. It should work after that. That way you don't have to go through www.fiero.nl every time.
Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaleSend a Private Message to DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Did you get my E-mail asking about the signature thing?

Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaleSend a Private Message to DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dale

110 posts
Member since Jul 99
Yeah!

I just checked to see if that solved the cookie problem and it did.

Mahalo, DJ.

Dale

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-1999 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear it's finally working for you! About the signature thing: yes, I received that email. I'm not sure if I should switch the signatures on since this will drastically increase the thread sizes...
DJRice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-1999 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, It would seem that since the update to the front end of the site, that my cookies have quit working again........ I am using Netscape 4.6...any new ideas?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-1999 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go here:

https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

and immediately bookmark it (if the cookies are working, that is).

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock