Replies: 17 (34 views)
Last post by: batboy on 09-19-1999 08:27 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-1999 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I just started this forum, I promised to upgrade it to the full version once it was popular enough. Well, I always try to keep my promises so here it is! So if you were wondering why the forum had been down for several hours, it was because I was converting from the old to the new version. That took me a bit longer than I expected because one of the first things I did was accidently deleting the old software's settings and I had to restore it from a backup at home...

Anyway, I'm still configuring the new software so you might see a few more changes in the next couple of days. Also, the bugs that were the reason I was hesitant to upgrade the software are still in this newest version. The bug tha annoys me the most is that cookies (local settings that remember which threads/topics you had read) don't always work (I had written my own cookie library for the previous version which was bug-free). If you load the main forum page and you don't see the familiar lights that tell you if a section contains new messages, try hitting the reload button of your browser - sometimes this helps. I will rewrite the cookie part again so hopefuly they should be working within the next few days.

I will continue to upgrade the software and the website with only one goal in mind: making www.fiero.nl the best Fiero website on the internet!

Enjoy!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mwbackus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-1999 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwbackusSend a Private Message to mwbackusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is nothing less than outstanding, Cliff! The search feature should make this system an even more powerful infomation tool for Fiero support. Now all we need is a spell checker, and a bot to alert us when someone has replied to posts of interest. (just kidding)..

Mike

four50four

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-1999 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for four50fourClick Here to visit four50four's HomePageSend a Private Message to four50fourEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! this is really great Cliff!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-1999 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Waytaggo, Cliff!!!

The Edit and Search functions are a great improvement from the earlier format.

Hopefully, if people make proper use of the Search function, we won't have to answer the SAME questions over and over again as often.

Using the Edit function, I was finally able to remove a silly "joke" that I had posted months ago that I always regretted.

Thanks for all your efforts, Cliff.

lowCG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowCGSend a Private Message to lowCGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty slick stuff indeed.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LIKE IT!!!
Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But I liked that Joke!!!

Looks very 2000 Cliff. As far as I'm concerned this IS the best Fiero site on the net.

Ozzy (smile, Thumbs up, grin, smirk!) But I still cannot post SMILIES. Bet ya'll be glad when I can huh??

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELP! I LOST MY FORUM......NO IT`S NEW, IT LOOKS GOOD, IT IS GOOD, IT`S DANG GOOD, IT`S THE BEST FIERO INFO ON THE WEB.

THANKS CLIFF!!!!!!!
I FOUND MY FIERO FORUM

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, we even have new icons for reply and new topic.....

Cool

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gads I go on vacation for a week and everything changes. Looks as if for the better
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the green light things, the current version seems OK. It fixes the book icons so they don't close after the first thing I post. It also seems to have fixed the sorting problem.

It takes a bit of getting used to. They've changed it quite a bit. I haven't used a full version for at 8-9 months.

PFF
System Bot
Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaleSend a Private Message to DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, got a question. When I set the preferences they dont seem to stick around. Also I dont get any open book icons unless I set the preferences each time I log on. Is this one of the glitches or am I doing something wrong.

Mahalo, Dale

[This message has been edited by Dale (edited 09-10-1999).]

rcn491

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-1999 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcn491Send a Private Message to rcn491Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Cliff,
With the conversion to your new software
I have started to get the following error
Object doesn't support this property......

I am using Internet Explorer. Is this something on my computer ?
Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-1999 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, I like the addition of the Registered Members total that is part of this new forum software. It's interesting to see how many new members we get every day.

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-1999 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like all the changes except two things. They are minor and I can live with it. I'm not sure I like the long threads getting split up into separate pages and I preferred the old way of when you replied, you could scroll down and reread the discussion about what you were replying to. This was helpful for when people asked multiple questions and you forgot what one of the questions was. As I said, these are minor complaints...over all, it's a great improvement to good thing. I'm addicted to this forum. Fieros rule!
Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-1999 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaleSend a Private Message to DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Batboy,

I to was bummed about the scrolling down, but I also found out you can use your back button without loosing your password etc. to do the same thing.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-1999 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Cliff, that was a fast response to batboy's complaint! I like the way you've now changed the method with which we can review the topic while we're posting.

I also agree with the other point that batboy was making. I don't like the threads being broken up into pages either. I can only assume that it has been done to supposedly speed up downloading a long thread. But in reality, I think it just slows everything down when we have to click several times to see the entire thread. That and the fact that it can be rather confusing at times. There was one of our regulars (who shall remain nameless) who for awhile was at a loss as to why he could only see posts up to a certain day in a particular thread.

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-1999 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used that "review topic" function several times recently and now I like it. I can see why Cliff set it up this way. For responses that you don't need to review, the reply window loads quicker, especially with long topics.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock