What is it worth? by smokeyjarvis
Started on: 04-06-2024 02:20 PM
Replies: 9 (278 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 04-09-2024 11:49 AM
smokeyjarvis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2024 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smokeyjarvisSend a Private Message to smokeyjarvisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a 1987 black Fiero GT that would make a great project car. Body is in need of new paint and some minor front bumper repair (has a silver dollar sized hole in urethane) as well as a broken rear tail light cover. Gray interior is in good condition. Motor was rebuilt but had an oiling problem and is seized. Alloy wheels and tires are in good condition. All glass is intact. I think the mileage is roughly 125k. Can someone please let us know what we could expect from the sale of this car? Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2024 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a replacement taillight is hard to find.five speed or auto?
smokeyjarvis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2024 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smokeyjarvisSend a Private Message to smokeyjarvisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a 5-speed manual. The broken piece is the smoke colored rear light cover. See photo.
richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2024 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put it on facebook market place.if theres no hurry to sell price it high and gradually lower the price til it sells or in my situation i kept it rather than give it away.honestly its worth whatever someones willing to pay for it.maybe they had one in high school.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2024 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Value" is an arbitrary number.
"Worth" is what someone will pay for it.
And what is the 'real' Fiero market in Colorado?
To me, you can't "expect" much with a seized engine which needs body work/paint and of course the unknown RUST areas.
------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 04-08-2024).]

richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2024 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

"Value" is an arbitrary number.
"Worth" is what someone will pay for it.
And what is the 'real' Fiero market in Colorado?
To me, you can't "expect" much with a seized engine which needs body work/paint and of course the unknown RUST areas.

the one bright side is some people[me]buy these cars because its possible to put in much larger engines so a non runner won't matter. and your car already has the best transmission to do that.

[This message has been edited by richard in nc (edited 04-08-2024).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2024 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure"

As I said - "Worth" is what someone will pay for it.

I was 'floored' when a member brought a 'dead' Fiero with a completely rotted out frame for big bucks to only get the Ferrari 308 replica body panels!

So, 'how much'?
May be considered valuable by someone else............but not me.

Good Luck 'smokeyjarvis' on the sale
smokeyjarvis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2024 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smokeyjarvisSend a Private Message to smokeyjarvisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank goodness this has been a Colorado Car it's entire life and has Zero rust underneath the body. By the way, what other engines can be dropped into this car without too much trouble?
richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2024 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2024 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A
Before someone else suggests it... bottom line, the EASIEST "swap" is a 1993-1995 Camaro / Firebird 3.4 liter V6

Three links that have the DCC9 3.4 V6 available now... that drops right in:

https://www.jegs.com/i/ATK-...es/059/DCC9/10002/-1
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ATKDCC9
https://www.autozone.com/po...gine-dcc9/561355_0_0

Another good link for the 3.4L
How to install a 3.4L engine in a Fiero
http://fiero34swap.eleventenths.org/#essentials

If interested, read the full thread:
To engine swap or not to engine swap by Nasta
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/147475.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic