1986 Fiero GT 3800 SC $10,500.00 by ChuckLS1
Started on: 03-12-2023 04:35 PM
Replies: 20 (1306 views)
Last post by: ChuckLS1 on 08-02-2023 05:51 PM
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2023 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 Fiero GT 3800SC V6 5-speed transmission. Leather interior, updated dash (Amida dash). Subaru BRZ wheels. Digital displays, touchscreen radio. Push button start. Car was built about 10-12 years ago. I did not do the work but the person who built it did a excellent job. It needs new paint, speedometer and tach do not work and some of the LED’s in the display don’t work but the person who made it can repair it. The car does run and drive but it does need some tuning and electrical work. I put new tires on it when I bought it a couple of years ago. A/C does not work. Air does not come out of the vents but the fan comes on. There may be damage to the ductwork. The car did sit for a few years outside before I bought it. The clutch master cylinder needs to be replaced, the reservoir is cracked. I have the replacement and will get it fixed before it's sold. Any questions I’ll do my best to answer them. Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000140.html

------------------
Chuck
86 Fiero GT 3800SC
2000 Grand Prix GTP

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2023 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$10,500? Seriously?
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2023 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

$10,500? Seriously?

Typo needs corrected. Drop the last (0) and move the comma to the left. Or maybe I just need a new eye glass prescription.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2023 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2023 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?

Spoon
------------------

"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 03-13-2023).]

str8maxn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does have new tires.....
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2023 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel bad for Chuck who is selling this because this used to belong to TXOPIE who was a complete hack. His paint jobs were never prepped correctly, he used the wrong paint on the engine, he half-assed the interior and hoped that by sinking 3K into an Amida dash it would look good. Chuck kind of got stuck with a lemon
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2023 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With what this car needs unfortunate it looks like a 6-7k- car. 10-11k would be a well sorted swap with all gauges working and good descent paint. gauges not working could cost the owner 1k if its an electrical issue that needs to be found, car sitting might need a new fuel system and all new brakes, a/c duct work could easily be addressed but that would be a dash out procedure. a/c not working is usually 1-2k if you need to replace parts. clutch system needing adjusted means that the car might not be drivable that's an issue. There are some good bones but a lot of work of weekends to get it all sorted.
Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2023 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look man,

I am gonna be real with you. It isn't quite as funny as the guy on facebook market place in my area asking 14k for a bone stock 84 with mediocre paint.
But there isn't a snowman's chance in Phoenix, AZ you are going to get 10-5 for this.

If you are actually looking to sell. Put it around 4k and go from there. Not trying to be a turd. Just being realistic. Its beat to hell, the dash swap and wiring is marginal at best, your value here is in the engine only.

Good Luck to you friend
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2023 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dropping price to $8000.00. I appreciate the constructive criticism. The car does run and drive. Brakes and fuel system are good. Clutch is fine, just needs a new master cylinder due to the reservoir being cracked. I really don't want to sell it but I don't drive it much and I hate to see it sit.

------------------
Chuck
86 Fiero GT 3800SC
2000 Grand Prix GTP

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2023 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dukesterpro:

Look man,

I am gonna be real with you. It isn't quite as funny as the guy on facebook market place in my area asking 14k for a bone stock 84 with mediocre paint.
But there isn't a snowman's chance in Phoenix, AZ you are going to get 10-5 for this.

If you are actually looking to sell. Put it around 4k and go from there. Not trying to be a turd. Just being realistic. Its beat to hell, the dash swap and wiring is marginal at best, your value here is in the engine only.

Good Luck to you friend

Chuck, I know this sounds like I’m piling on but Dukesterpro is right. You’re asking way too much for this in its current condition, even with the engine swap. Take it from a fellow North Carolinian. A paint job alone to make it presentable will be close to what you are asking for the car. Add a couple of grand to sort out the interior and the electrical and it becomes pretty uneconomical at $8000.

At $4000, you may be able to move it. Someone with time may take it on to finish it to a standard that would do it proud and it would likely save a Fiero from the crusher.

Good luck, Mate.
PFF
System Bot
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2023 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2023 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While it is definitely a little rough around the edges and needs some work I don't think 8k is crazy. Go price an Amida dash. Looks like a great project for someone.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2023 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold

------------------
Chuck
86 Fiero GT 3800SC
2000 Grand Prix GTP

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2023 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish the person good luck who purchased this Fiero but the way I see it the cost to put everything right will exceed the cost that the OP is asking. Stripping, sanding and repainting alone will be a huge job and that alone could cost you $8,000. Then try to figure out where all the loose wires go, fix the dash, clean up detail the engine compartment and find out if the swap was done correctly and tuned properly. I would not touch this job with a 10 foot pole. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2023 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Stripping, sanding and repainting alone will be a huge job and that alone could cost you $8,000.

Txopie didn't prep any of his cars correctly before spraying some junk paint so yes, they will have to be sanded down to the base before respraying which will be expensive. By the way, all of the areas with paint damage were done by Txopie's dogs chewing on the car. The dogs chewed the paint off of all 3 of his cars before he sold them.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2023 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ended up getting $7200.00 for the car, not as much as I wanted but I am happy with the deal. I did have a mechanic check the car out before the buyer picked it up. The only thing he found was it had a misfire and probably needed spark plug wires and will eventually need new brake pads. The new owner flew in and drove it from here in Greensboro, NC to Gatlinburg, TN to Orlando, FL. He said it drove fine, no major issues. I was very upfront with the new owner about the car. He knew about the paint and body issues. I gave him a link to the build thread.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2023 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChuckLS1:

I ended up getting $7200.00 for the car, not as much as I wanted but I am happy with the deal. I did have a mechanic check the car out before the buyer picked it up. The only thing he found was it had a misfire and probably needed spark plug wires and will eventually need new brake pads. The new owner flew in and drove it from here in Greensboro, NC to Gatlinburg, TN to Orlando, FL. He said it drove fine, no major issues. I was very upfront with the new owner about the car. He knew about the paint and body issues. I gave him a link to the build thread.

Glad you ended up getting a fairly good amount.
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2023 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope he posts an intro here and some updates on it!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2023 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For $7200 you did very well! As for the misfire; a common problem is that the mounting bracket for the ignition module and coil pack is not grounded properly.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-27-2023).]

ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2023 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

For $7200 you did very well! As for the misfire; a common problem is that the mounting bracket for the ignition module and coil pack is not grounded properly.

One of the spark plug wires was partially melted. He found that the blower for the A/C was going backwards. I'm going to encourage him to come here.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock