WTB: Complete Engine wiring harness - 1988 V6 Manual Transmission by TakeTwo
Started on: 03-11-2023 09:08 PM
Replies: 12 (320 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 07-16-2023 09:00 PM
TakeTwo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in need of a complete, intact, engine wiring harness for a 1988 Fiero with a V6 and 5-speed manual getrag transmission. The connectors especially need to be in good condition.

Please let me know what you have with condition, possibly picture(s) and what price you need shipped to Michigan. Thanks~

[This message has been edited by TakeTwo (edited 03-11-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2023 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - I guess I would consider an 87 V6 5 speed harness as well?

No idea whether it's identical to the 88 harness. I tried to get one from a parts yard and it was destroyed.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2023 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TakeTwo:

Bump - I guess I would consider an 87 V6 5 speed harness as well?

No idea whether it's identical to the 88 harness. I tried to get one from a parts yard and it was destroyed.

The 88 harness uses a different oil sender plug. I was stock piling harnesses for swaps, so I might have a manual harness or two. I can look in my shed when I have a chance, but it is cold here and I will be gone over the weekend. Where are you in MI?

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2023 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im pretty sure I have an 88 2.8 manual wire harness in good shape. PM me if you still need one
TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2023 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM's sent
TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2023 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking~

Anyone know if an '85 -87' V6 manual harness will suffice and or what would need to be changed/modified to work on an '88 properly?

[This message has been edited by TakeTwo (edited 04-07-2023).]

TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2023 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2023 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2023 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, tried to pull a couple at two parts yards and someone had demolished the harnesses..
TakeTwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2023 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still in need..
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2023 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only difference between the 86-88 auto Harnesses would be one connector for the oil pressure sensor and one for the TC lockup function. The stick harness would have only one different connector . Problem easily solved by using the 88 oil pressure sender. The ECM's are identical except for the chip. On the auto the TC lockup function is included and one the stick the shift light function is included. Easily solved by plugging in the stick or auto chip.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2023 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

The 88 harness uses a different oil sender plug.

It also uses different connections at the alternator.
Also be aware that some of the 88 harnesses had a revised connector for the injector harness. Most of them have the same flat connector that the earlier harnesses used, but a few of them used a more square connector.

Automatic harnesses are quite different from the manual harness. In addition to the torque converter lockup wiring, the auto harness also has the connector for the gear selector, which incorporates the reverse lights and the P/N switch. The heavy starter wire also appears in a different place in the C500.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-16-2023).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2023 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can help you out.

Contact me via PM.

I'm here in Michigan.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock