Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WTB: Looking for Pisa/Fiero Store glove box.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB: Looking for Pisa/Fiero Store glove box. by Raydar
Started on: 07-31-2022 05:13 PM
Replies: 24 (892 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 09-11-2022 05:21 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2022 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As the topic says:
Looking for Pisa/Fiero Store glove box.

Edit - Got one. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-31-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2022 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of these over in my workshop at this moment, still in a box. I have seen them sell on here, eBay and Facebook for a good deal of money since they are no longer being made. I would be willing to let this one go to a new home for the right amount of money. If anyone is genuinely interested, please email me at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM with your best offer plus shipping cost and I will get back in contact with you. Thanks for your interest, have a great day and most of all stay safe.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2022 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you want for it?
I'm not interested in getting into a bidding war.

Originally posted by Larry Hubbert:
...I have seen them sell on here, eBay and Facebook for a good deal of money since they are no longer being made. I would be willing to let this one go to a new home for the right amount of money. If anyone is genuinely interested, please email me ... with your best offer plus shipping cost and I will get back in contact with you.

Quoted for accuracy.

Edit - Nevermind. Pretty tacky of you trying to turn my thread into a bidding war. I see you doing sh!t like this on a regular basis, here and on Facebook.
I'm not interested in yours for any price. Go away.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-02-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2022 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still interested. Please PM with asking price. Thanks.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2022 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

What do you want for it?
I'm not interested in getting into a bidding war.

Quoted for accuracy.

Edit - Nevermind. Pretty tacky of you trying to turn my thread into a bidding war. I see you doing sh!t like this on a regular basis, here and on Facebook.
I'm not interested in yours for any price. Go away.

It amazes me to see disrespectful posts like the scalper you are referring to. You post a need and he doesn't offer to help, doesn't send a PM but starts to advertise his item to the highest bidder. That's rude. Its almost as bad as the guy who came on to a For Sale post a while back after I said that I'll take the item who replied after the fact l want that item too I'll send payment. People like that should be ostracized.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2022 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

It amazes me to see disrespectful posts like the scalper you are referring to. You post a need and he doesn't offer to help, doesn't send a PM but starts to advertise his item to the highest bidder. That's rude. Its almost as bad as the guy who came on to a For Sale post a while back after I said that I'll take the item who replied after the fact l want that item too I'll send payment. People like that should be ostracized.

Same for people who jump into a "for sale" ad and trash the item for sale, and/or criticize the asking price.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-02-2022).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven’t seen a good ***** fest on here in a while. I had a good laugh. While I see your point Raydar, these glove boxes are getting harder and harder to find. Last couple I have bought cost
Me well over 200 plus shipping.
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Same for people who jump into a "for sale" ad and trash the item for sale, and/or criticize the asking price.

X2

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Haven’t seen a good ***** fest on here in a while. I had a good laugh. While I see your point Raydar, these glove boxes are getting harder and harder to find. Last couple I have bought cost
Me well over 200 plus shipping.

That's all well and good. I recognize this.
But again... if someone has one to sell, they can ask their price, preferably in PMs. We can work it out - or not.

But don't just throw it up in the air and invite everyone to "scramble for it". THAT was my issue.

Heck... I've got access to one of them, in another car. Maybe I can pull molds.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2022 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Raydar!

Pisa made this? Have you reached out to Marty to see if they can still make it?

Like with his fiberglass cowl-thing, I don't think he advertises it but he makes it if you call up and ask. Apologies if you did this already, I didn't see it mentioned. I'll keep my eyes open for one for you.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2022 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sold the one that my Formula had in it when I bought it to Paul as a model for the ones he made.

A tip.....

When you mount it to the dash, be sure to reinforce the back(front) side of the dash to help keep the glove box from vibrating.

That is why I sold mine, the sucker vibrated to much because the dash isn't rigid enough to hold the box. Even after reinforcement......😟
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2022 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I sold the one that my Formula had in it when I bought it to Paul as a model for the ones he made.

A tip.....

When you mount it to the dash, be sure to reinforce the back(front) side of the dash to help keep the glove box from vibrating.

That is why I sold mine, the sucker vibrated to much because the dash isn't rigid enough to hold the box. Even after reinforcement......😟

Weird.. mine doesn't vibrate at all. Don't keep much in it these days, use to carry CD's in it many moons ago.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2022 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:
Weird.. mine doesn't vibrate at all. Don't keep much in it these days, use to carry CD's in it many moons ago.

The one in my car vibrates a bit, but I think it's just the thin wall construction. The dash doesn't shake a bit.
I stuff all kinds of crap in mine.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2022 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So...
I have attempted to extend an olive branch to Larry. Swapped a couple of messages back and forth with him, over the past few days. Thought we were "cool".
He never did specify an asking price, as I requested. I made him an offer for his glove box, on the 9th, and then followed up yesterday (the 14th).
And... No response. No counter offer. Nothing. (He's been all over Farcebook. But here? *Crickets*.)
I suppose I must have "insulted" him. Was not my intention, but whatever.

A question, though... Does it look like there are screws or rivets missing from the hinge? My offer was partially based on that.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-15-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2022 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40730 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by Trinten:

Hey Raydar!

Pisa made this? Have you reached out to Marty to see if they can still make it?

Like with his fiberglass cowl-thing, I don't think he advertises it but he makes it if you call up and ask. Apologies if you did this already, I didn't see it mentioned. I'll keep my eyes open for one for you.

Vince... Thanks for that, man. I'll give him a try, but it is my understanding that they are not doing them any more.
I appreciate the look-out, however.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2022 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A question, though... Does it look like there are screws or rivets missing from the hinge? My offer was partially based on that.

Yes, it looks like 6 of them are missing. The highest I would give if I REALLY, REALLY wanted this would be $250, but I don't need one.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-15-2022).]

Luperman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2022 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LupermanSend a Private Message to LupermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent Raydar
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2022 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar PM sent
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2022 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Hubbert:

I have one of these over in my workshop at this moment, still in a box. I have seen them sell on here, eBay and Facebook for a good deal of money since they are no longer being made. I would be willing to let this one go to a new home for the right amount of money. If anyone is genuinely interested, please email me at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM with your best offer plus shipping cost and I will get back in contact with you. Thanks for your interest, have a great day and most of all stay safe.

DONT BUY FROM LARRY! HES A FLAKE! I BOUGHT A SET OF USED HEADERS, PAID AND WAITED OVER A WEEK NO RESPONSE THEN OUT OF NOWHERE A REFUND????????????? we made a deal on a price for them shipped then ghosted!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2022 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine lost a few of those screws too. They were a PITA to get back in! Let’s see pics when you install it.
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2022 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, I know ALL OF YOU GUYS .
Some I have met in person and some of you I will meet at a national event at some point.
I can tell you that Larry hubbert is absolutely legitimate and has quite the warehouse (it's amazing) I know personally how overwhelming the requests for parts can be. You get e mails, Pennocks, text messages, people stopping by for parts, phone calls, messenger messages and on and on.
It is so overwhelming and I finally just tried to step back from the crazy world of parts selling.
I love helping people out and on occasion I sell and even just send things out for free.
I totally understand what is going on with Larry.
He is being swamped with requests and not only does he clean and package the parts and get shipping quotes but he goes out of his way to try and be fair as possible with his pricing and shipping and parts prices.
At one point I had almost 100 requests for part all around the world.
I know Larry and even myself, try to do everyone right and be as fair as possible
I am asking you guys to please know that Larry (and also myself) get absolutely overwhelmed and Larry is the the kind of guy who does not know how to say NO!
What happens is that you sometimes make a lot of people unhappy or they think you are all about the money.
Believe me, Larry could be charging more and saying yes a lot more often.
I feel bad that Jeff is upset with Larry backing out on the sale but I'm sure all of you guys (including myself) know there is shipping, the time/expense to package, the PayPal fees and now the taxes on the sales.
If Larry has sold something it is with the knowledge that there will be additional expenses to the buyer.
I try to sometimes include the total cost but some sellers try and get an actual shipping cost from the post office.
I have personally seen boxes of parts Larry has cleaned, prepped, packaged and got shipping prices on. The buyers back out because they think the shipping is to much and Larry is stuck with a couple hours of messing around and then the buyer gets to just move on. He has the packed parts boxed up and just sitting on shelves.
I want all you guys to be cool and get along, I can say that I am convinced everyone would get along great and have a good laugh at this misunderstanding when we all meet.
Well, I just wanted to say what I thought might help.
If any of you guys don't agree, PLEASE don't stop helping me with my requests for information about really dumb stuff on my cars (hahahaha)
If me or Larry or anyone else sells something please realize there is shipping, time packaging, expense in shipping materials, the cost of the parts and the PayPal fees and now, taxes!
I hope this helps.
If not, just pretend you did not read it!

------------------
pat moody

PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat my issue is being ghosted. I paid on the understanding that the shipping was part of my offer. I offered a price that was reflective of the original west coast fiero cost of those headers new plus shipping. If there was a misunderstanding then talk it out. I would have happily paid the shipping on top especially considering that I sold the set of headers after I sent Larry my money as I wanted his for my build. I messaged him several times no response then a week later I just get a PayPal refund with no explanation. He didn’t even tell me the shipping cost. Just ghosted. Now I’m out with no headers at all for my build. That’s not cool. Larry needs to make it right by selling my those headers at the agreed to price and I’ll pay the shipping.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone realize how many threads and posts we have regarding the same exact issue? Most people see this thread and figure it's a one-time deal but this seems to go on with 90% of the people who are in contact with Larry.
My thought is that if Larry doesn't want to go through with the sale then he needs to get off this forum and post somewhere else. Every post he makes seems to be a "dangling carrot" in our face. There are WAY to many complaints about him on this forum.
Now as far as you Pat, I ALWAYS recommend you to every single person who is looking for a part. With you, there is no bullshit and the sale goes through in a quick fashion.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2022 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Larry has made it right. We have agreed to the sale and I have paid him again. Took a bit of time but he did the right thing so good on him.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 09-11-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2022 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So... Here's my resolution.
I made Larry an offer but didn't get a response to that offer. (Although he did answer my PM.) Found one elsewhere.
After a little bit of paint (yeah... it was the wrong color. No big.) it's installed.
I did a lighter shade on the door. Not so much in the pics, but sitting in the car, it seems to complement the gray dot-matrix dash bezels.

And yeah... looking at the pics posted above, it looks like Larry's is missing a number of screws. Mine was too, but only two. Not a show-stopper. Tightened the others. All good.

Here's mine...

A small piece of surplus headliner makes a perfect liner for the glove box.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-14-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock