88 cradle swap strut adapters for 84-87 fieros by sluppy123
Started on: 12-03-2021 02:09 PM
Replies: 4 (683 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 01-07-2022 11:34 AM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2021 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on these parts for a few months now. They are exact copies of the adapters on my 87 gt with a 88 cradle. The metal parts were easy to make but sourcing the poly bushings and spring isolators has been a tough task. I now have a very limited number of these adapters available. They include all the poly mounts for the spring and shocks. Buyer will need to provide shocks, coilover sleeves and 2.5" ID springs. Parts are powder coated black. Cost is $235 for a pair plus actual shipping costs.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gatorfrey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2021 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, these adapt an 88 cradle to early Fiero ?
Cool.
But does this fit just strut conversions ? I would do that anyway. Just curious.

[This message has been edited by gatorfrey (edited 12-04-2021).]

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2021 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are used when installing a 88 cradle into pre 88 cars, nothing more.
thelinsells

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2022 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should think if you used these adapters on a pre 88 so as to move the strut forward and in ward,you would find that you have a car with more feel,better response, and better handeling over all.You would need 88 springs, for they have a total outside mesurment that is smaller.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2022 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great thing here, Sluppy; I have some of his parts and can attest to the quality.

As for the 88 into early swap, the old suspension had just an A-arm to locate the bottom of the strut....That A-arm had to do everything (For-aft, lateral, and part of the toe-in control) so it did none of these jobs well. The 88 suspension has each link doing (Basically) one job, so they are easily perfected for that one job. My car is much more stable, has (Basically) no bump-steer and rides better also- Plus the 88 subframe mounts solid so it acts as a reinforcement for the chassis- makes the chassis stiffer.

It is the same situation as with the Fox-mustang four link rear vs the F-body torque-arm suspension- a bunch of links each doing multiple jobs vs a set-up where each arm does only one job.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock