Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Selling my 88 3800sc swapped notchie cheap ($1500) to somebody in california

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Selling my 88 3800sc swapped notchie cheap ($1500) to somebody in california by flustin
Started on: 10-27-2021 03:39 PM
Replies: 21 (905 views)
Last post by: flustin on 11-13-2021 09:53 PM
flustin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2021 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flustinSend a Private Message to flustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,
Posting my 88 fiero 3800sc for sale one last time. It's a 88 silver metallic notchback 3800SC series II swapped from a 99 grand prix GTP with auto trans (tranny was rebuilt at the time of the swap) here in California. I'm selling for $1500, yeah firm.

Swap was done by West coast Fiero about 7 years ago. I'm posting here to see if anybody is interested in it despite the fixes it would need. If nobody takes it at this price I figure I'll finally part it out and sell the car to a wrecker as I need to get it off my parents land. I know some of these parts are fairly rare and would sell well, the Fi-air-O scoops for example. I want to sell the car here in northern California to minimize complications as I have issues getting away from the house with our newborn.

You will have to come tow car out if you want it. If it hasn't sold by start next year I'll part out the nicer parts and give to wrecker.

Positives:
1. has the Fi-air-O scoops/snorkels
2. slightly lowered suspension with GR-2/excel-G shocks
3. added power windows and locks
4. bigger c4 rotors which have helped a ton on the braking
5. heavier coils/springs for the rear weight of the 3800
6. tires with less than 5k on them and upgraded/bigger wheels to fit the bigger rotors
7. I've got various new extra parts uninstalled (dew wipes, dual side halogen headlights with the low profile mounts and wiring harnesses)
8. has working AC
9. Mecham side scoops not installed and need fiberglass work

Negatives:
1. car is 134k miles though in great condition, personally I would repaint it because of scratches, original paint age and because I think it would look good in all black or dark gray.
2. engine is about 170k miles but strong/pulls hard and had the upper gaskets replaced about 3 years ago.
3. car had been through California ref and is smogged but is now PNO so will have to get smogged/ref again.
4. transmission very slowly bleeds tranny fluid out near driver side axle seal.
5. ODBII evap. readiness monitor I've never seen actually set when checking it on torque with scan tool? All others set fine. Honestly don't know if this even set properly when WCF got it smogged by Ref.
6. Slow battery drain but may be normal with the new ecm. In about a month of no driving/sitting the battery will be dang near dead. If driving it regular never an issue.
7. Now the biggest issue the engine tends to randomly cut out after about 1 -2 hours of continuous driving. Doesn't sputter or misfire just instantly off. It will restart instantly sometimes while coasting in neutral, others it needs to sit a minute or two and then will restart. It started this about a year ago. I have tried shaking the harness going to and near all sensors while the engine warm and running, sadly not able to replicate the issue making me think the harness and wires are all good. (note I do have the wires protected with high heat tape, which can be seen in the pics, just because I felt with the headers there was a good amount of heat generated around engine.) It is complaining about injector 3 circuit when I kick out codes.

Thank you all for checking it out.
(note using same pictures from my post at start of year, car is in same condition)

[This message has been edited by flustin (edited 10-27-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2021 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flustin:

Hi all,
Posting my 88 fiero 3800sc for sale one last time. It's a 88 silver metallic notchback 3800SC series II swapped from a 99 grand prix GTP with auto trans (tranny was rebuilt at the time of the swap) here in California. I'm selling for $1500, yeah firm.

Swap was done by West coast Fiero about 7 years ago. I'm posting here to see if anybody is interested in it despite the fixes it would need. If nobody takes it at this price I figure I'll finally part it out and sell the car to a wrecker as I need to get it off my parents land. I know some of these parts are fairly rare and would sell well, the Fi-air-O scoops for example. I want to sell the car here in northern California to minimize complications as I have issues getting away from the house with our newborn.

You will have to come tow car out if you want it. If it hasn't sold by start next year I'll part out the nicer parts and give to wrecker.

Positives:
1. has the Fi-air-O scoops/snorkels
2. slightly lowered suspension with GR-2/excel-G shocks
3. added power windows and locks
4. bigger c4 rotors which have helped a ton on the braking
5. heavier coils/springs for the rear weight of the 3800
6. tires with less than 5k on them and upgraded/bigger wheels to fit the bigger rotors
7. I've got various new extra parts uninstalled (dew wipes, dual side halogen headlights with the low profile mounts and wiring harnesses)
8. has working AC
9. Mecham side scoops not installed and need fiberglass work

Negatives:
1. car is 134k miles though in great condition, personally I would repaint it because of scratches, original paint age and because I think it would look good in all black or dark gray.
2. engine is about 170k miles but strong/pulls hard and had the upper gaskets replaced about 3 years ago.
3. car had been through California ref and is smogged but is now PNO so will have to get smogged/ref again.
4. transmission very slowly bleeds tranny fluid out near driver side axle seal.
5. ODBII evap. readiness monitor I've never seen actually set when checking it on torque with scan tool? All others set fine. Honestly don't know if this even set properly when WCF got it smogged by Ref.
6. Slow battery drain but may be normal with the new ecm. In about a month of no driving/sitting the battery will be dang near dead. If driving it regular never an issue.
7. Now the biggest issue the engine tends to randomly cut out after about 1 -2 hours of continuous driving. Doesn't sputter or misfire just instantly off. It will restart instantly sometimes while coasting in neutral, others it needs to sit a minute or two and then will restart. It started this about a year ago. I have tried shaking the harness going to and near all sensors while the engine warm and running, sadly not able to replicate the issue making me think the harness and wires are all good. (note I do have the wires protected with high heat tape, which can be seen in the pics, just because I felt with the headers there was a good amount of heat generated around engine.) It is complaining about injector 3 circuit when I kick out codes.

(note using same pictures from my post at start of year, car is in same condition)

Where in California?
flustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2021 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flustinSend a Private Message to flustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's in Ione California.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2021 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pictures of the interior and front compartment?
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2021 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Sacramento area?
flustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2021 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flustinSend a Private Message to flustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please see the two pics of the front storage/frunk and interior. The seats have no tears or stains and are in excellent condition. The spare tire and jack are all there in the Frunk/storage.

Ione is about 1 hour south of Sacramento.

[This message has been edited by flustin (edited 10-28-2021).]

RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2021 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good car at a good price, any reason you wouldn't sell it if I arrange for a car hauler to pick it up and deliver it?
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RichLo1

134 posts
Member since Nov 2019
I just got some quotes from a vehicle transportation broker and its not unreasonable considering the distance. I am interested if you are willing to work with a shipping company to get it loaded.
flustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2021 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flustinSend a Private Message to flustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Richlo1 I just figure I want to keep it as simple as possible. Sign over pink slip and get check in hand as car is towed out. Part of the reason I'm willing to sell it so cheap, for ease of getting rid of it. Otherwise I think the parts sold individually would net me more. I'll get back to you if I don't get any other offers local.
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2021 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent, I may have found a solution to make things easier for you.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2021 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flustin,
If you have any Fiero items to sell, let me know. I live in S. Sacramento. Thank you,
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
916-600-6482
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2021 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flustin,
If you have any Fiero items to sell, let me know. I live in S. Sacramento. Thank you,
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
916-600-6482
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2021 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found somebody from a different forum in your area that can represent me in person with you that I trust. I have also gotten many quotes from a transportation broker that I am comfortable paying what they are asking. Please reply to my PM.
flustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2021 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flustinSend a Private Message to flustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Kevin,
I'm selling all parts I have with the car. The ones not already on the car would be a rear sway bar, low profile buckets with halogen lights/harness, mecham side scoops which will also go with it.

Hi Rich I replied to your PM.

[This message has been edited by flustin (edited 11-01-2021).]

RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2021 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another PM sent, I hope you can consider the car sold.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this car is not sold, I have someone in San Diego ready to buy. Not trying to step on anyone’s toes, I am saying only if the car is still available.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
If this car is not sold, I have someone in San Diego ready to buy.

Not trying to step on anyone’s toes, I am saying only if the car is still available.

Please let us know the status of this sale ASAP.
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have everything in place and already made a down payment to a shipping courier. Consider the car sold.
flustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flustinSend a Private Message to flustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rich,
I at this point I assume the car is going to you but until I have been paid for the car and its towed out I don't really consider it sold.

I respect you have a down payment with a shipping company at this point (that is an update I was unaware of) but they are a third party I don't have a part in. I just don't want this dragged out waiting for a ship date that goes into unknown time frames, ease of sale is a major reason I wanted to sell the car in California for so cheap.

Your friend did look at the car and take a test drive with me yesterday and I think came away that this is a really good deal on the car (which is is).

I Hope we can get the shipping sorted asap, after the 21st I get too busy and will no longer be able to arrange to meet on having it towed out and would consider the sale off.

-Justin

[This message has been edited by flustin (edited 11-08-2021).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Kevin,
I'm selling all parts I have with the car. The ones not already on the car would be a rear sway bar, low profile buckets with halogen lights/harness, mecham side scoops which will also go with it.

Hi Rich I replied to your PM.

Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now the biggest issue the engine tends to randomly cut out after about 1 -2 hours of continuous driving. Doesn't sputter or misfire just instantly off. It will restart instantly sometimes while coasting in neutral, others it needs to sit a minute or two and then will restart. It started this about a year ago. I have tried shaking the harness going to and near all sensors while the engine warm and running, sadly not able to replicate the issue making me think the harness and wires are all good. (note I do have the wires protected with high heat tape, which can be seen in the pics, just because I felt with the headers there was a good amount of heat generated around engine.) It is complaining about injector 3 circuit when I kick out codes.

This JUST started happening to me last week! (I also installed an L67) I was at a red light going to work and the car instantly stopped. After a min everything was fine again. Since then it happened 4 more times except 3 of those times it started right back up. The funny part. The next day when I was at the same red light I was thankful it didn't stop and a split second later it did. In the exact spot!

Good luck with the sale,
Matthew
PFF
System Bot
flustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2021 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flustinSend a Private Message to flustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: the fiero is sold and being towed to its new home.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock